Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Jinn

Arcane
classic trash, that is, don't waste your money.

It was $1. I'll draw my own conclusion, but thanks.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Capture.PNG

I guess when the sale is as shit as it is, the only thing for me remains to be FUCKING PRESTIGIOUS.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hurrr durr sale is shit derpa herp.

This is by far the best sale since millennial fucks demanded refunds and ended the ACTUAL Steam sales.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why are you fags buying shit on Steam that's readily available on gog?:decline:

Of all the games featured on screenshots that were posted on this page, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is the only one that's not on gog.

Latelistener

Arcane

Of all the games featured on screenshots that were posted on this page, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is the only one that's not on gog.
Thief I / II, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Arx Fatalis and Gothic are probably DRM free on Steam too. Meaning, they don't require Steam to work.

chuft

Augur
I avoided Steam for years because I like to go back and play Fallout, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate etc every few years. What if Steam went out of business? I wanted my physical discs with no internet connection required. Bought some GOG games because I could store the installers on a burned CD or DVD.

Nowadays the quality of the games is so much lower in terms of depth and replay-ability that I can't imagine still wanting to play them over and over for 15 or 20 years, even if I live that long and they still work with the operating systems of the day (which is itself unlikely), so I just treat them as disposable entertainment. If Steam dies five years from now and I lost all my Steam games, it wouldn't be a great loss, frankly.

Here's to you, Grampy-Bone. I'll remember you in the nursing home long after the drab POE characters are gone from my failing memory.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
DLXz4zl.png

What I'm thinking about (haven't actually clicked "buy" yet).

Also thinking about Jedi: Fallen Order but still not sure about whether that's worth a go yet. It just looks a bit basic honestly and I'm trying to decide how much I'm interested in a decent Star Wars game.

EDIT: Just watched some of it on stream and I think it's not interesting enough

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
bought deus ex ( i lost my original cd copy :negative:) and of games that i never played dark messia, thief, gothic universe. yes i know.
i'm undecided on system shock 2 , what the game offers that modern games don't? genuine question

mk0

Learned

Linux support. Valve/Steam has treated linux as a first-class citizen by contributing open source code(Steam Play /w Proton, Driver support etc.) to make playing modern games on linux possible. Meanwhile GOG has snubbed the platform by not even supporting it with their new GOG GALAXY 2.0 client.

While I agree that DRM-free games are good, not being stuck on a proprietary DRM operating system to play them is even better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom