Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Egosphere

Arcane
I remember F.E.A.R. had some good AI.
First FEAR is still almost unsurpassed in terms of enemy' AI. That's 16 years of gaming progress for you.
I forget which channel it was, but I drunkenly watched a retrospective within the last year that described how the excellent F.E.A.R. AI was actually well scripted encounters in very established environments.

That and contextual enemy voice chatter to make it seem like the AI understood their surroundings. You're behind a couch, the AI will say "behind the couch!" which makes the AI seem more like a real human being that understands where you are in relation to the actual surroundings and is communicating with the other AI. When in reality it's just a script that's said if player is close to X object and X object is between player and enemies then play dialogue "he's behind the X" to match. Good for immersion, very well executed, but it's not impressive in terms of game AI.
I don't know who started this meme, but when people spoke of FEAR's ai, they usually meant the movement and co-ordination of the enemy, not what they were calling out. Fear's ai was good because the enemy was unpredictable, tried to flank you, surround you etc. I remember one time fighting a squad, thinking I've killed all of them and continuing down the level, only for 1 enemy to pop out behind me, having circled around several corridors to do so. That's what made Fear's ai memorable, not the silly radio chatter.

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
That behavior is is entirely dependent on being placed inside a office with small corridors where the player was always being funneled into some area with multiple kill zones(And one of the most common criticisms about the game is the fact almost all of the game is in some form of office.) As seen in the expansion packs, when they experimented with more open areas it went to shit. Thats a kind of level design you can't really account for in a giant open world game like Cyberpunk with multiple environments (Or even something smaller like Deus Ex where the way the player approaches each encounter is uncertain.)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Speaking specifically of big boobs and back pain - compare this with how many women go through the trouble of wearing high heels without possessing the necesseary legs strength, and as a result they walk funny, constantly risk stumbling and injury, get overtired and so on. It's very inconvenient, it's very inappropriate because they lack the strength, but they still do it because it makes them more attractive.

Nothing less sexy than a woman trying to be sexy in heels but actually looking awkward and unstable. If you can't really wear heels, don't wear heels. And yes businesses should stop requiring them.

Elex

Arbiter
That behavior is is entirely dependent on being placed inside a office with small corridors where the player was always being funneled into some area with multiple kill zones(And one of the most common criticisms about the game is the fact almost all of the game is in some form of office.) As seen in the expansion packs, when they experimented with more open areas it went to shit. Thats a kind of level design you can't really account for in a giant open world game like Cyberpunk with multiple environments (Or even something smaller like Deus Ex where the way the player approaches each encounter is uncertain.)
I mean 1/3 of cyberpunk game is going to be inside corpo office probally

Dodo1610

Arcane
I mean 1/3 of cyberpunk game is going to be inside corpo office probally

I mean every single quest we have seen so far takes place indoor. But in order to get to those you have to drive through the city because gamers today don't buy games without a big open world.

ChildInTime

Learned
Too many critics for the shooting, like it's important. You all deserve Fallout 4
Well, from what we've seen talking to people and shooting shit will take at least 80% of gameplay time in this, so it's kinda important. If it's even a little close to Destiny level of gunplay, like CDPR say, then we are golden.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Lost another day
to pointless drudgery
the slow chipping away
of my autonomy
a rodent in a race
unsung and underpaid
my colleagues seem to me
like slaves in sheep-array

then a shock goes through the herd
at the nauseating purr
of the corpos of the world
when the content is secured
cause they’re naked emperors
hear the rattling of the purse
I hunger for the hearse
cause nothing could be worse
than a life lived as a limb
in a debt anatomy
rather be dead than a link
in a chain of tyranny

need a way to set it straight
need to go out on the edge
need to rage and get revenge
need to feel myself again

suit up punch in punch out non stop
suit up punch in punch out get fucked

pressured to mount
the backs of my brothers
clamber for clout
year after year
the load multiplies
up high on the ladder
the bottom falls out
then so does the fear

I’ve had
enough
I’ve done
enough
here comes
revenge
here comes
the end

blood spatter in my face
dead suits in my way
bullets piercing me
mama here comes liberty

instead of

don’t know how I began
but I was once a decent man
the promises I was made
were made to keep me a a slave
cornered and kept on a wage
to come the worst of my rage
one day the curtain falls

time comes for all
time comes for all
now you gonna feel it
time comes for all
now you gonna feel it
time comes for all
now you gonna feel it

I’ve had
enough
I’ve done
enough
here comes
revenge
here comes
the end

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Well, from what we've seen talking to people and shooting shit will take at least 80% of gameplay time in this, so it's kinda important. If it's even a little close to Destiny level of gunplay, like CDPR say, then we are golden.

The same things are 80% of Fallout 4.

Gerrard

Arcane
latest
I wonder what's his empathy score.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

(It's not "extremely" detailed, and the first five minutes is spent on explaining the basics to a baby, but there is some good info there too.)

Quillon

Arcane

(It's not "extremely" detailed, and the first five minutes is spent on explaining the basics to a baby, but there is some good info there too.)

where did he get the detailed info? his cited "sources" goes nowhere and his recent content doesn't suggest he was part of the hands on event...
mystery.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
For a detailed and not retarded account of the hands-on demo, I recommend you this mad lad who intentionally made a character with all 3 on base stats and maxed out Cool. He goes into quite good specifics on the various systems:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Lost another day
to pointless drudgery
the slow chipping away
of my autonomy
a rodent in a race
unsung and underpaid
my colleagues seem to me
like slaves in sheep-array

then a shock goes through the herd
at the nauseating purr
of the corpos of the world
when the content is secured
cause they’re naked emperors
hear the rattling of the purse
I hunger for the hearse
cause nothing could be worse
than a life lived as a limb
in a debt anatomy
rather be dead than a link
in a chain of tyranny

pressured to mount
the backs of my brothers
clamber for clout
year after year
the load multiplies
up high on the ladder
the bottom falls out
then so does the fear

I’ve had
enough
I’ve done
enough
here comes
revenge
here comes
the end

blood spatter in my face
dead suits in my way
bullets piercing me
mama here comes liberty

instead of

don’t know how I began
but I was once a decent man
the promises I was made
were made to keep me a a slave
cornered and kept on a wage
to come the worst of my rage
one day the curtain falls

time comes for all
time comes for all
now you gonna feel it
time comes for all
now you gonna feel it
time comes for all
now you gonna feel it

I’ve had
enough
I’ve done
enough
here comes
revenge
here comes
the end

I like it, reminds me of Dredd. Unfortunately it sounds totally out of place in this shitty GTA world

FLy1nRabBit

Novice
Did any of these "journalists" say how big the install size of the game (or the demo anyway) was? Or did they all stream the game from stadia or whatever else bullshit?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Can someone clarify - there are stats requirements to steal cars, requirements vary by the type of car, but are there stat or skill requirements for even driving the better cars?

AwesomeButton

Patron
I posted this on thursday but it's worth posting again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom