Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Are you seriously complaining about jewels which can easily boost your damage output by 50-100% for less than 1ex worth of currency to be a good idea for the long-term health of the game? Guess having double-corrupted chests with +2 proj/+2 AoE corruptions that cost more than a few chaos are way too hard to get as well. Why not make every tabula give it by default, right? You're literally looking at the damage benefits you would get from a perfectly crafted +3 gem bow or staff, because thats about the same level of power you get from a jewel you mentioned. You're not SUPPOSED to get this level of perfect gear until late into the league. Asking for it less than 1 week into it is utterly ridiculous and just whining that you suck at the game, your build sucks, you dont know why, and the only way you can fix it is by getting best in slot jewels. Oh and please make it cheap, cause you also suck at grinding currency. Just get fucking good at the game and stop whining.

Cluster jewels are a major component of character progression, being able to deck yourself out in top-tier ones within a few days just by alt/regal spamming was ridiculously broken for the difficulty the game challenges you to take on. And Delirium was much harsher on DPS/survivability requirements than Harvest is, so clearly cluster jewels needed to get nerfed or the game would become trivial. That's not healthy for the game.

Also, the harvest crafts don't do shit for crafting jewels because they only target one tag.
This by itself shows how terrible and ignorant you are of the crafting system. Guess the fact I'm running 4 self-crafted mediums with 2notables that cost multiple ex each, none of which I bought, is just anecdotal evidence. Look at the list of tags the non-notable affixes have:

9fef2d56e0.png

You seriously wanna tell me that using a "fire modifiers are more common" harvest craft is useless, when theres literally 1 fire mod that can be rolled that is NOT a notable? Are you fucking retarded, or just absolutely trash at the game? Why do you whine when the options to get what you want, albeit not in a perfect manner, are literally in front of you? Theres not a single "attack" or"physical" tag affix that isn't a notable. Using those on a jewel will almost always spit out a double notable medium or large jewel. Jesus fuck you're bad. Go to reddit and join the hivemind in whining so Chris can wipe your ass.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah dude, harvest crafting, so useful
pl5Cn9f.png

I have literally never rolled a large jewel with zero notables before this shit.

Are you seriously complaining about jewels which can easily boost your damage output by 50-100% for less than 1ex worth of currency
No, because you're not going to get a cluster jewel that boosts your damage by 50%, and definitely not for 1Ex.

uSr7lgI.png

Ah yes, totally reasonable.

You're not SUPPOSED to get this level of perfect gear until late into the league.
it's a good thing that with those changes you would not get it, ever, then. I guess.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Ah yes, because chaos spamming is the best way to craft items. Because people chaos-spammed jewels in Delirium, and because of the changes they made to the system in Harvest, it is now impossible to do so. Oh wait, that's not what people did for clusters in Delirium, and it's not what people do to regular rares either. Metacrafting is. Fossilcrafting is. People fossilcrafted the toptier jewels, they didn't chaosspam for them. Maybe you did, maybe thats why you complained about "people dont have 2-3 ex early into the league" a while ago. Way to waste your currency. Do me a favor and check on how many chaos it would take to craft the perfect 6xT1 chests and belts people already linked 4days into the league? I'm sure its a similarly high number, if not higher. Yet these items ALREADY exist. Weird, seeing how it's supposed to be mathematically impossible.

You also realize that that picture shows the three rarest affixes to exist on all cluster jewels combined, to show the absolute worst-case scenario of crafting? A combination of affixes, mind you, that you would never want to begin with. Why would anyone want to have 2 notables that both apply fire exposure? Oh yeah, to make a retarded and impractical point. Using a retarded and impractical method to crafting, when you could use much better and targeted approaches. But I guess that's what you have to rely on now that I've already shown you how retarded your statement about your perceived uselessness of harvest-crafting for jewels is. Or fossilcrafting, for that matter (which would allow for even more precise targeting of certain notables).

If you wanna have an argument, maybe educate yourself about the game before you do. Or don't bring up points and stupid reddit whine-posts that hold no merit when talking about the way the game is actually being played. Or continue chaosspamming for notables, I guess. Your choice.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Also, what kind of harvest craft did you use here? Reroll a rare with 1 Life modifier? How about you use the ones I actually talked about, the ones that apply to tags that only have 1 non-notable affix to begin with, the ones that also says "these modifiers are more likely"? I legit can't even fathom what harvest craft you used to roll that shit jewel? Certainly not a physical or attack one. Because all 4 mods do not hold the attack or physical tag. Why would you use a life harvest craft on a physical damage jewel? Do you need help? Do we need to call a doctor? Or are you just trying to be retarded?

I have literally never rolled a large jewel with zero notables before this shit.

Well, you must've used a life-harvest craft on it, because +all attributes and %damage don't have a tag at all, and the other two only have the life tag. There is no possible notable on the large physical cluster jewel that has a life tag. Congratulations. You found a way to not roll a notable, but then are surprised you didn't get one. Can you breathe without a machine?

Gerrard

Arcane
The point was to show how shit the weighting for the notables is right now. Before, getting a jewel like this would require some serious gymnastics, now it's completely normal.

Enjoy your little 1% fantasy land in your head while you can, because you can be sure it won't be there for much longer.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
The point was to show how shit the weighting for the notables is right now. Before, getting a jewel like this would require some serious gymnastics, now it's completely normal.
Ah yes, complain about not getting a notable when you did some serious gymnastics to make sure it is almost impossible for you to roll one. Next you'll fossilcraft a weapon with a frigid fossil and complain that you didn't get a burning damage roll. Instead of just using the tools you are given. Why are you completely ignoring the fact that fossil and harvest-crafting are two options that both work perfectly fine for getting 2 notable-jewels very consistently?

Enjoy your little 1% fantasy land in your head while you can, because you can be sure it won't be there for much longer.
Yeah, it won't. People whined enough already that clusters will receive an unnecessary change to them. Great job. Soon you can complain about the lack of difficulty or clear-speed meta again, which you indirectly enable by whining for shit to be easier/cheaper.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, you can roll la 3 notable jewels using the seed crafting. Without even a single socket.
Or you can roll one with two sockets. And one notable.
Either case is worthless.

gwqakXg.png

Wow, so much cheaper to do it using fossils! And this is a jewel that has the least notables. Do you know how many times I rolled this combination in Delirium without even using a fossil?

I legit can't even fathom what harvest craft you used to roll that shit jewel?
lmao

2FinWnh.png

Hey, it rolled a chaos mod alright! You fucking dumbass.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Or, you know, you're not an idiot, you remove the Furious Assault mod because you can 100% slam it with a caster-augment from a harvest craft.

4bf3c1bf87.png

465ec40900.png

So fucking expensive. Oh the humanities. Learn to fucking play the game.

Gerrard

Arcane
Or, you know, you're not an idiot, you remove the Furious Assault mod because you can 100% slam it with a caster-augment from a harvest craft.
Oh you mean that augment craft that doesn't fucking appear ever?
Dumbfuck. I like how you don't even consider it has a value. Could you give some more examples of your disconnect from reality?

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Oh you mean that augment craft that doesn't fucking appear ever?
Yeah, I only had 1 caster augment, 1 phys augment, 2 fire augments, 3 fire annuls, 2 lightning annuls, and a life augment+annul today, and I only played ~4hrs. Used some of them myself, the others I sold for some currency.

It's pointless to argue with you at this point however. If you actually played the game you'd get augment/annul at least a few times a day. They also show up much more often on ilvl 82/83 seeds, and sustaining maps has been super fucking easy for like 5 leagues now, so getting enough of those shouldnt be an issue either especially since they buffed the droprate massively and you get 30-40 seeds per cache now.
You can also easily look to buy a specific one from various global/trade channels or discords, or, you know, letting your friends know that you're looking for a specific craft. They cannot be more common or the league would have to be voided. We've already seen perfect 6xT1 items, even a perfect Ventors. All thanks to harvestcrafting. Must be incredibly hard to do, we're already like 8 days into the league!

You're moving the goalposts of the discussion everytime I present you with a solution to your perceived problems, and at this point its obvious you just wanna whine for whinings sake, you're not actually interested in understanding that there's fixes for all your complaints. You just have to put a little effort into getting them, and that's too much to ask from the "i only play SSF/I hate trading" crowd that has swept over from D3. So please, go ahead, join the whiny crowd over on reddit. In the meantime, I'll continue actually having fun playing the game that thanks to Harvest offers me a much wider variety of crafting options that work very well together with fossilcrafting and have allowed me to actually make items myself for once.

For people who don't mind trading or socializing, and who don't mind putting a little effort into learning more about crafting in PoE and how to get/block certain affixes, this league is heaven. Exactly like Synthesis, which was by far the best league GGG has done in the last ~3years.

Gerrard

Arcane
Exactly like Synthesis, which was by far the best league GGG has done in the last ~3years.
Wow, if you had said you're retarded right at the start of this argument we could've saved a lot of time.

eklektyk

Erudite
currency? what fucking currency ?

harvest is worse version of standard as it drops basicly nothing

i ussulay got 1 ex dropped going thru acts and some chaos ... guess what this legue drops shit ... and what it drops you need to clikck fucking tons coz its all in fucking splinters that may be useful when i stop playing after few weeks ...

delirium that simply shat out currency i baerly managed to get 300 maraketh splinters to run legion shit encounter that gave me shit

i like how delirous ggg is with their "balancing"

they get sent clips on twatter of empy and other pranksters running in gear worth houndreds off mirors isnat phasing all boses and shittion exalts right and left and what ggg do?

nerf loot and map drops

so normal player baerly see chaos drop but empy rolling map worth few ex will still get made those clips that soem butthurt ggg employee wil use as justification that game still drops too much rewarding shit ...

i like how ggg not only managed to shaft 95% of their players with dropping basicly nothin but as a bonus map drops thanks to legue mechanic being nonexistient means that map drops got stealth shatfed too ...

bonus points to that fuckhead who thought that game had too few retarded on death effects and managed to sneak even more of this retardation in with latest patch into harvest mods who were already retarded on this point and now not only do they get more on death stuff they even got totaly retarded invul phase at the start of encounter - its a double admition on part of devs that they have no fucking clue how to proceed - any devs adding invul phases into enemy/boss encounters to prevent players from playing their fucking game and prolonging pointless and unnecessary shitt is admitiondefeat ...

but yeah Harvest is DA BESTAST EVA and all that ... see you in two weeks when ggg will atempt to mitigate bleeding with flashback event to stabilize cashflow ...

Saark

Arcane
Patron
map drops got stealth shatfed too
Yeah, now I can only sell half as many maps to retards like you who are apparently too dumb to sustain maps still. It is mindboggling how that is even possible, seeing how you don't even need to chisel t16s anymore to be able to sustain them. Theres so much shit happening in every single map, you usually have atleast a metamorph, blight, legion, delirium or breach going on, most of the times you have 2 or three of these at once. Master spawns and master-missions on top, and it's never been easier to sustain maps. The days of "chisel+alch+vaal" on 80quant/25packsize maps are gone, it's just alching now. Don't even have to care about quant or packsize, or adding zana mods. You literally just alch and go.

bonus points to that fuckhead who thought that game had too few retarded on death effects and managed to sneak even more of this retardation in with latest patch into harvest mods who were already retarded on this point and now not only do they get more on death stuff they even got totaly retarded invul phase at the start of encounter
Those are kinda annoying yeah. You die, like, once to them and then you know that Wild seeds have burning ground on death, Primals have the small lightning shit that triggers when you run over them, and Vivids have caustic clouds on death, and if you have 3 functioning braincells you then never die to them ever again. Not like they spawn when a bunch of other shit is going on or theres a huge variety of mobs.
its a double admition on part of devs that they have no fucking clue how to proceed - any devs adding invul phases into enemy/boss encounters to prevent players from playing their fucking game and prolonging pointless and unnecessary shitt is admitiondefeat
On the one hand you complain about shit being too difficult, on the other hand you complain about things needing to be designed around characters being too powerful. Make up your fucking mind. Incessant childish whining about not getting shit fed to you on a silver platter. Go play D3.

The game has a lot of issues, yes, but whining for more instant gratification is exactly the wrong way the game needs to go. The game needs to be slowed down but with the current playerbase that seems to be an impossible undertaking because everytime a change is made to slow down gearing progression or nerfing skills/interactions that are too powerful, people immediately start whining because someone is taking their toys away.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
I guess I hadn't noticed since nothing outside of league mechanics drops anything worth a damn anyways.
So you don't pick up maps or currency?
Besides, it applies to things like Syndicate encounters as well, and it doesn't matter that it pauses the timer for 5 seconds or whatever. You kill the mobs, giant flaming tornadoes that deal DoT remain.

abija

Prophet
The game has a lot of issues, yes, but whining for more instant gratification is exactly the wrong way the game needs to go. The game needs to be slowed down but with the current playerbase that seems to be an impossible undertaking because everytime a change is made to slow down gearing progression or nerfing skills/interactions that are too powerful, people immediately start whining because someone is taking their toys away.
Who said game needs to have rewards slowed down? Less and more powerful mobs, less zoom zoom, less but more meaningful loot. It's really NOT that hard.
It will automagically solve most of their performance issues too.

But honestly, beyond empty words, all I have seen from the devs is that they actually built the game they love to play.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Who said game needs to have rewards slowed down? Less and more powerful mobs, less zoom zoom, less but more meaningful loot. It's really NOT that hard.
That inherently slows things down. Whether you nerf player-damage, or increase monster hp, it will take longer to clear a map. The difference between nerfing the player and buffing the monsters, is that buffing the monsters means you will have to adjust the monsters to what your average higher-tier player can achieve by running multiple defense layers, using conversion or other mechanics like impale to get multiple millions of DPS on a low budget. Adjusting monster/boss health to that kind of player-power means any non-optimal build will be left in the dust.

Nerfing these interactions first and foremost however means that even players that aren't as adept at the game can still get some meaningful progression done. Thats why I think that nerfing player-power is the way to go, because when the scale of player-dps ranges from a few hundred thousand to 40+ million, its impossible to balance in a way that the high-end players are challenged somewhat regularly, without making it impossible for the low-end player to get any progression done. Adjusting the dps-ceiling and then reigning in monster-strength afterwards is a much better approach than just flatout improving monster HP.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That inherently slows things down. Whether you nerf player-damage, or increase monster hp, it will take longer to clear a map. The difference between nerfing the player and buffing the monsters, is that buffing the monsters means you will have to adjust the monsters to what your average higher-tier player can achieve by running multiple defense layers, using conversion or other mechanics like impale to get multiple millions of DPS on a low budget. Adjusting monster/boss health to that kind of player-power means any non-optimal build will be left in the dust.

Nerfing these interactions first and foremost however means that even players that aren't as adept at the game can still get some meaningful progression done. Thats why I think that nerfing player-power is the way to go, because when the scale of player-dps ranges from a few hundred thousand to 40+ million, its impossible to balance in a way that the high-end players are challenged somewhat regularly, without making it impossible for the low-end player to get any progression done. Adjusting the dps-ceiling and then reigning in monster-strength afterwards is a much better approach than just flatout improving monster HP.

I think it's going to take till POE2 before any paradigm shifts are possible. There will be less butthurt if they make changes to what is seen as a new game.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
If i had to bet i would place it on Penance Brand crit with Maligaro gloves, that brand hits like a truck. Best ignite skill in the game if you convert damage ofc.
Yup. https://pastebin.com/Pve5UtaN

So I go into the items and it's MoM, Talent, Leap and Conq's Efficiency all with 1% reserved corruption on top of all of the other ridiculous gear. This is like a 100ex build. Sure the Penance Brand will hit for that much, but it's not DPS, it's one hit and have fun clearing with that.

eklektyk

Erudite
slow things down ? well then ...

ggg devs showed their competence with delirium when they stted their aim was to slow things down ...

result was that basicly only viable build was zoomzoom since their fetish with on death effect combined with retarded coulor choice meant that 9/10th of builds were either invalidated or heavily impared

zoomzoomers never felt the diffrence that suposedly was to slow gameplay down .... that was a prima sort showcase of ggg abilities .... that and mid legue nerf from devs that boasted on all cons that they never nerf mid legue aand subsequent show of pettines and spite [aka cluster jewels fiasco and them now swallowing their pride and backpedaling since legue is on its last legs and dying as we speak ...]

but asidde all those its everything sunshine and rainbows plus unicorns in ggg land[ wonder how long till poe strimers bail on ggg as Digital extremes of warframe managed to kill their twittch partners really handili awhile back ... it'll be interesting to watch ]

Saark

Arcane
Patron
So I go into the items and it's MoM, Talent, Leap and Conq's Efficiency all with 1% reserved corruption on top of all of the other ridiculous gear. This is like a 100ex build. Sure the Penance Brand will hit for that much, but it's not DPS, it's one hit and have fun clearing with that.
You realize that that's just to be able to run more defensive auras? You can literally run non-corrupted jewels, just not run vitality, and have the exact same DPS. It doesn't even have Charisma anoint.

Putting the build together cost ~10ex day5, which isn't really a lot when you know how to get ahead of the curve. Only "lucky" drop I got was a woke ele-focus from my 4th baran, and catarina was nice enough to drop a diadem. Didn't get my first exalt drop until I hit 91.

Last edited:

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I think I'm done maybe I came back too early but league seems to be not so hot, 1st time doing new atlas I got to Sirius and died to every unpredictable attack since I couldn't be bothered to watch video meh, where do people have problems progressing atlas is it later? I just went around getting as many watchstones as possible and clustering them around where I was doing maps and that seemed to work.

Also I exploded 3 t1 gardens of each color and all I got was reforge, are they really this dumb?

eklektyk

Erudite
yes, yes they are ...

when they introduced sirius it was a broken clusterfuck of a mess and ggg "fixed" him by removing cooldowns on his abilities so if youre lucky [read not melee ] and have enough deeeps fight is smooth and hes a pushover still

other ppl get tripple death beams of death in a second and die to other various bs ... bonus points for melee purist trying to catch this fucker teleporting all the time

at this point ggg should just scrap this failure entirely but i guess we will have to suffer this travesty until poe2 when they might finnally fix it

as for garden drop tables from seeds and general rng will fuck you good

act1-10 seeds are weighted to give you a "free" taste of what is possible but basicly map seeds weighting is total bs
some try to mitigate garden by opening them on high quant/good rolled maps but even then "rewards" are pathetic and craft rng infuriatingly retarded with its weighting
tldr if you run 200-300 maps per day you may get something nice from garden otherwise its just gimmicky distraction in standardesque legue

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Sirus as a fight is fine if you don't die. The problem arises from some of his abilities being fired from quite some range away, and there's a lot of area denial going on between vortexes and the small zones his Effigy casts that sometimes stay forever. Combining all of this, as long as you manage to stay alive, you usually know where he is (albeit teleporting around a lot) and can avoid all his abilities. Once you die and have to get back into the area, you're fighting against a boss that has multiple abilities that can be cast from off-screen, and a boss arena that is littered with shit that you need to avoid. It's not uncommon to run in and die 2-3times because you're immediately getting assblasted by a "DIE" quadbeam as you try to run between 2 vortexes.

Seriously, fuck that fight. I've had Sirus 8 fights that ended after 2 minutes because the order of abilities was easy to avoid and he didn't teleport around a lot. Other times I died 5times before finishing him off. It's a clusterfuck, especially compared to fights like Shaper and Elder which were very clean and didn't have nearly as many "unavoidable" mechanics going on.

The garden is incredibly powerful, and unless you play entirely SSF its both a good source of currency if you sell your crafts (sold an augment speed craft earlier for 10ex) and nice and easy crafting of top-tier items if you buy crafts from other people. If you're not socializing at all however, then I can see how it can be annoying to have to wait for a specific craft like "remove crit" or "augment fire" if you need multiple of these before you can actually craft properly.

My advice is to get at least one set of T2 seeds grown as quickly as possible so you can create a few horticulture stations, these let you "save" crafts for later use. You can either use these for different builds, or just sell them to people.

eklektyk

Erudite
well then - crafting was shit coz ggg ate some lines of code and stuff .... quite nice drama i guess and all that

going back to sirius talk:
culling strike is your friend - it cuts short most dangerous and hectic last phase and i clutched a few times this fight on last portal on some fragile chars - it is a solid solution

if your build is gem socket starved i belive hunter gloves have this craft - its well worth for bossing imo - altho it may require swaping out if you got somme nice unnerve or smth on current gloves [not sure what mods culling restricts and what mods can roll with it - this is the hardest part of crafing for me since some mods even if in theory you got open preffix/sufixx are blocked by other sometimes seemingly unrelated mods - and documentation on this is mostly murky and unclear for me at least]
anyways culling sttrike on gloves is global in contrast puting it with something like flame dash requires you to hit boss - and from my expierience it may be a bit hard when on last portal and stressed :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom