Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Statement from RPG Codex about Chris Avellone

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Holy crap this statement is so good :lol:

Also I feel incredibly bad for Chris. I hope you all know this is not how evey woman thinks. I despise these harpies that cry "SEXUAL ASSAULT RAPE RAPE RAPE" for every innuendo or little awkward joke. Ruining this man's career over something so trivial is just insane, he always seems like a super nice guy, this is seriously scandalous.

Fucking stupid SJW bitches

Bigg Boss

Arcane
MCA was at a party with me once when he offered to lick my asshole. I told him I wasn't into gay stuff but before I could finish saying that he was already pulling down my pants with his tongue hanging out. I still remember the way his tongue wagged back and forth like a dog. I told a therapist about it and he told me to quit being such a faggot.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
MCA was at a party with me once when he offered to lick my asshole. I told him I wasn't into gay stuff but before I could finish saying that he was already pulling down my pants with his tongue hanging out. I still remember the way his tongue wagged back and forth like a dog. I told a therapist about it and he told me to quit being such a faggot.
Thank you for being brave and sharing your arduous tale of survival with MCA. This is more than enough evidence for prestigious AAA+ videogame sites, like Kotaku, to run a story on.

Latro

Arcane
then what about the women that have grabbed my ass at parties, the relentless stream of check-out girls and receptionists who call me "darling, darl, cutey" on a regular basis, the girls who have physically put their hands on my upper arms and chest, the one I was drinking with until I passed out on the floor at which point she helped me into bed then sat on top of me while I'm barely able to keep my eyes open, the ones who have bent over in front of me letting their breasts virtually fall out in a way that can hardly be called anything other than deliberate, the girl who talked about her breasts and posing nude, the one who thought "rape wolves" were funny, or the girls these days who are apparently polyamorous and can't help but mention it
:dontbelievehislies:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
then what about the women that have grabbed my ass at parties, the relentless stream of check-out girls and receptionists who call me "darling, darl, cutey" on a regular basis, the girls who have physically put their hands on my upper arms and chest, the one I was drinking with until I passed out on the floor at which point she helped me into bed then sat on top of me while I'm barely able to keep my eyes open, the ones who have bent over in front of me letting their breasts virtually fall out in a way that can hardly be called anything other than deliberate, the girl who talked about her breasts and posing nude, the one who thought "rape wolves" were funny, or the girls these days who are apparently polyamorous and can't help but mention it
:dontbelievehislies:
wH443VK.png

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Chris, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He needs to release a good statement, a man statement.
In these situations, the best path is to just stfu.
The perpetually offended have the memory of a goldfish and the next offense bait is always just around the corner.
A year with not much presence anywhere and he'll be fine - if can keep his hands off the booze ;)

This isn't a situation where someone was accused of something actually unlawful (afaik) and could bring the lawyers like Angry Joe did, go into full offense mode.

Erikkolai

Learned
Avellone is a victim of Sawyerism. After all, none of this crap happened before it became known that Avellone indulges in fun (in this case so-called sexual misconduct).

The fact that Avellone was forced to make public apologies makes my skin crawl, because it's a clear sign of how entrenched Sawyerism has become in our culture. Public apologies are code for disavowing fun.

I don't mean to scare you... but Sawyer has the wheel.

sawyer_nofun.gif

Mudran

Novice
I may be stating obvious/or nutruring my crazy conspiracy theories - I never know for sure, but I wonder if this is really spontaneous or it does sound like one of those feministic attacks (males are bad rethoric) rather than metoo attack. But feminism was discredited long time ago, while metoo is something what people who has this "I'm the good guy" attitude cannot ignore, connecting together it can sound like this for me horrifying witchnunt. Also as some people pointed out - it was right after release of The last of us 2, which claimed to adress something (wasn't sure from the gameplays and spoilers what it was suppose to be), but it was connected to Aneta Sarkasian who was also investigating Ubisoft from her own self entitled reasons and Ubisoft was proudly showing her around claiming how clean working environment they have, while she could get contacts and gather "evidences". I feel sorry for women involved is some serious bad experiences, but this does sound more like males are bad connected to ruining lives of inconvenient people/companies.

Why it does sound so horrible to me is for all those "good" people who always turn 180, how they are willing to ruin someones life without any evidences and still call themselves good. I guess most of them is just saving their asses, but some of them are willing to do so bad things to others in the name of their good status.
I'm sorry to be so serious here, I cannot get it out of my head and all other discussions are moderated. I hope all of it will pass soon and nobody's life will not be ruined based on false claims.

Semiurge

Cipher
Holy crap this statement is so good :lol:

Also I feel incredibly bad for Chris. I hope you all know this is not how evey woman thinks. I despise these harpies that cry "SEXUAL ASSAULT RAPE RAPE RAPE" for every innuendo or little awkward joke. Ruining this man's career over something so trivial is just insane, he always seems like a super nice guy, this is seriously scandalous.

Fucking stupid SJW bitches

Daterape barely prevented by tampon/napkin is trivial? :happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Darkforge

Augur
Jim Sterling recently said in one of his uploads that he knows of a few acquaintances who have been harassed pretty much mercilessly by Avalone and that's he's a creep and sounded very upset about it.
I am sorry guys but this pretty much confirms it.

Jim is jealous. Chris Avalone is almost certainly not gay.

eilef

Educated
Jim Sterling recently said in one of his uploads that he knows of a few acquaintances who have been harassed pretty much mercilessly by Avalone and that's he's a creep and sounded very upset about it.
I am sorry guys but this pretty much confirms it.

Jim is jealous. Chris Avalone is almost certainly not gay.

So after Karissa got outed as a liar on twitter (by a girl who claims Karissa covered sexual assault for some of her friends) Jim Sterling decides to throw in more anecdotal accusations without evidence and continue this witch-hunt. "harassed pretty much mercilessly" is a very interesting choice of words, I am sure his acquaintances would not happen to be Karissa, Avellones ex gf, or some of their friends? And surely they have proof of these things, right?

I honestly had enough of these disingenuous assertions.

eilef

Educated
There is entire TV show melodrama going on. Allegedly Karissa organized some Con event, and some woman were sexually harassed by friends of Karissa. Karissa told, she will look in to it, but did nothing and tried to silence "victims" instead. Oh, and she unfriended and unfollowed the girl who made accusations against Karissa friends, before attacking Avellone. Girl even posted some documents in twitter, with 90 or so pages, and claims she has 3 hrs video proving attack took place, but Karissa still did not believe her, and did nothing. They have a whole den of snakes there.

Here is her take:

Karissa is a whole other story. Karissa’s story needs to be shared, with her screenshots. Karissa works IN the industry, she’s made it her literal job to be a liaison between fans and VAs.

Recently there has been a big movement with women coming out in the gaming industry. Last week, the day before Karissa issued a public statement against Chris Avellone, she unfollowed me for the first time in three years from my Twitter (as of this moment, we are still Facebook friends, I checked-but I’m sure that will change very soon). I thought it a calculated move. Why would she unfriend me for the first time since 2017 the day before she comes out about someone engaging in sexual assault with women in the gaming industry?

She has been extremely vocal on her platform about “believing women,” and has been putting up several tweets daily about how women need to come forward and be believed with their abuse encounters. I have yet to hear a word back from her about her so-called “investigation” into Ray from two years ago, when she told me that I imagined things, and told my friend to be quiet, and that there were “nasty rumors” floating around about me, which have been proven to be a lie.

I cannot imagine behaving in the manner that she has, but IF I were someone like Karissa, and IF I were guilty of aiding and abetting other VAs with what they do with fans, I’d probably behave in the same manner she’s been displaying. She comes out against someone in the industry, and publicly encourages women to come forward, so if anyone like me tries to say that she knows about Robbie Daymond or Ray Chase behaving inappropriately, their claim would look ridiculous. She’s been working with them for years, and with how she came forward about Chris, any insinuation that she would support men who act in the same sort of manner would look ridiculous.

It’s unfortunate for her, then, that I’ve kept the screenshots throughout the years.

Based on our favorite and trustworthy source “just trust me bro” and some twitter nonsense.

http://archive.vn/cV3YQ

http://archive.is/vJHUB

After she told her part of the story, people from Karissa fan group started harassing and dming her, and she closed her twitter. So they did silenced her. Basically, Karissa protected male friends of her, who allegedly sexually assault someone in the past, and did her best to keep story quiet.

So much for "believe all woman"

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Damn, it's a shame this didn't get any traction and Cuntrissa wasn't cancelled.

Semiurge

Cipher
So much for "believe all woman"

The metoo movement has made sure that real reports of harassment and rape are dismissed as lies from money-hungry attention whores and actual predators may bask in the glow of victimhood, it's like the "Never Cry Wolf" aesop. You have no case without solid proof or testimonials from trustworthy individuals, so whoever makes these accusations has to have a spotless history of moral.

On a positive side it does make men more cautious around women, this will prevent some of the more extreme "incidents" even though there's always a socially inept minority that doesn't know where the line's drawn. The line used to be drawn at "look but don't touch", but that obviously leaves out the potential minefield that's verbal communication. Rude and dismissive comments should not be be outlawed, but neither should anyone expect that that kind of behaviour has no repercussions.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom