Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
To say something positive for a change, the update adding army strengths to the Declare War interface is such a huge timesaver. Kinda can't believe it took them this long to integrate it.

DD image in case you somehow don't know what I'm talking about:
upload_2020-1-28_9-31-20.png

Also, could you always click on the expansions on the new game ('nation select') screen? I don't remember EU4 having information on DLC and recommended nations in the style of CK2.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Hotfix dropped

We've been hard at work making a hotfix for 1.30.x to resolve the issues that has been reported to us following the release last week.

1.30.2 does not necessarily break saves from 1.30.1, but as usual: We always recommend that you start a new game after the update. If you continue on old saves there is always a risk that something will behave unexpectedly.

1.30.2 Changelog
###################
# Gamebalance
###################
# Religion
- Golden Bulls base cost is now 400 ducats.
- Investigate heresy now costs 500 Curia Treasury
- Investigate heresy now only available to pope
- Investigate heresy now scales by 50% reform desire instead of only 10%.
- Switched around some modifiers in tiered defender of the faith

# War & Peace
- Modern Firearm Techniques Policy now gives 10% Inf Combat Ability

# Other
- Can no longer combine both Golden Liberty & Increased Levies
- Halved Cossacks development bonus privilege on steppe provinces.
- Low crownland penalty now tops off at 0.4 monthly autonomy gain.
- Lowered Base Crown Land Influence to 60%
- Lowered IA gain from Imperial Princes
- Statutory Rights privilege is now locked for 20 years after being given
- Supremacy over the Crown now adds more influence
- Supremacy over the Crown should now trigger way less
- Estate disasters now start progressing at 50% Loyalty and won't lose progress while you have more than 100% influence
- The Estate Bailout event for Statutory Rights MTTH have been increased from 24 to 128.

###################
# AI
###################
# Tooltips
- Made Crown Land effect tooltip more explanatory

# Other
- AI will now be a bit less zealous on using assign heir
- Understands now better how low loyalty of estates will impact them if they seize land from them

###################
# Interface
###################
# Other
- Attaching now has shortcut of 'd'
- Holding Shift while pressing Attach will now attach to first unit.

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Burgundian mission firing an incident now requires no active incident
- Controlled provinces by enemy won't prevent them from being added to the empire now in Force into HRE cb
- Countries that leave the HRE via Incidents now get an opinion penalty with the Emperor, and if AI will never again join the HRE
- Fixed Austrian mission requiring HRE reform only available without Emperor DLC
- Fixed Council of Trent event firing without Emperor DLC
- Fixed all remaining instances of negative opinion decay
- Fixed bug where mercs would break if in construction and chaning subunit type
- Fixed bug where unrest would stack weirdly and cause it to grow exponentionally
- Fixed negative opinion decay in Sforza opinion modifier
- Fixed so you don't get PU CB if your religion don't believe in those things when using the assign heir
- Fixed some Franconian minor missions disappearing on reload
- Fixed trigger for Spheres of Influence mission for Italian minors
- Fixes so you can't split out merc units with boats
- Force into HRE CB will now only appear for targets where the peace treaty is valid
- Hungary loses its core on Belgrade when ceding it to Serbia via mission/event
- Netherlands no longer gets its government change event if it is a subject nation.
- Player will no longer be told an incident will happen to due Burgundian mission when it won't. Clarified tooltip for Join the Empire mission.
- Production agenda for Jain and Vaishyas will no longer target gold provinces
- Secure the Succession mission should now always be completable
- Fixed CTD in Excommunication action

Should reduce HRE nonsense and fewer rebellions (apparently it was from mismanaging estates?). Not sure if it fixes the AI being over eager to join though.

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
No mention of most of Europe joining the HRE willy nilly. And still a fuckton of AI issues like spiraling into endless debt and non functional armies. I know I am being fabulously optimistic about the game working correctly on release but I had been pretty keen to play with this DLC as I have not done many playthroughs in the german area aside from Brandenburg.

Vatnik Wumao
Hotfix dropped

We've been hard at work making a hotfix for 1.30.x to resolve the issues that has been reported to us following the release last week.

1.30.2 does not necessarily break saves from 1.30.1, but as usual: We always recommend that you start a new game after the update. If you continue on old saves there is always a risk that something will behave unexpectedly.

1.30.2 Changelog
###################
# Gamebalance
###################
# Religion

# War & Peace

# Other
- Estate disasters now start progressing at 50% Loyalty and won't lose progress while you have more than 100% influence
- The Estate Bailout event for Statutory Rights MTTH have been increased from 24 to 128.

###################
# AI
###################
# Tooltips

# Other
- Understands now better how low loyalty of estates will impact them if they seize land from them

###################
# Interface
###################
# Other

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Controlled provinces by enemy won't prevent them from being added to the empire now in Force into HRE cb
- Countries that leave the HRE via Incidents now get an opinion penalty with the Emperor, and if AI will never again join the HRE
- Fixed Austrian mission requiring HRE reform only available without Emperor DLC
- Fixed bug where unrest would stack weirdly and cause it to grow exponentionally
- Fixed so you don't get PU CB if your religion don't believe in those things when using the assign heir
- Force into HRE CB will now only appear for targets where the peace treaty is valid
- Netherlands no longer gets its government change event if it is a subject nation.
- Player will no longer be told an incident will happen to due Burgundian mission when it won't. Clarified tooltip for Join the Empire mission.

Should reduce HRE nonsense and fewer rebellions (apparently it was from mismanaging estates?). Not sure if it fixes the AI being over eager to join though.
And mentions about the lag which many users had reported post-Emperor?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's become a tradition with EUIV since it's been released to wait for the hotfix after the patch. Why can't they simply take another week of testing and spare people the irritation?

No mention of most of Europe joining the HRE willy nilly. And still a fuckton of AI issues like spiraling into endless debt and non functional armies. I know I am being fabulously optimistic about the game working correctly on release but I had been pretty keen to play with this DLC as I have not done many playthroughs in the german area aside from Brandenburg.
My policy is to buy last year's expansions, which always get discounted at 50%, when the latest expansions are released.

Vatnik Wumao
Why pay extra on bug hunting pre-release when players will do the job for free?
:argh:
Yes, taking advantage of your customers' bad judgement has never been outlawed.
Works fine by me. Same as with their DLC policy - a chunk of the playerbase buys all their overpriced DLC, while I get just the base game and pirate the rest. Paradox keeps afloat in spite of their bad DLC policy due to their wealthy (and/or dumb) patrons, while I get to enjoy their games on Steam, all DLC included, with no hassle. It's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Why pay extra on bug hunting pre-release when players will do the job for free?
:argh:
Yes, taking advantage of your customers' bad judgement has never been outlawed.
Works fine by me. Same as with their DLC policy - a chunk of the playerbase buys all their overpriced DLC, while I get just the base game and pirate the rest. Paradox keeps afloat in spite of their bad DLC policy due to their wealthy (and/or dumb) patrons, while I get to enjoy their games on Steam, all DLC included, with no hassle. It's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned.

I think a large part is they have a captive audience, Paradox games are in a tiny niche with very little real competition. It seems like their games/DLC would benefit massively by running a beta for a couple weeks open to all pre-orders, dunno why they dont do this? I guess lazy, and people keep buying their shit regardless of how bad it is...

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Actually:
Groogy said:
No fix to AI joining HRE en masse?

Yes but because of our workflow and trying to get the patch out asap the tool that parses for the changelog couldn't find this entry I am afraid

Code:
- AI - Diplomacy: Reverted misstake that made AI ignore it's logic for joining HRE.

Probably some more things that it missed because of that.

via https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ot-for-problem-reports.1399678/#post-26663653

So the HRE logic is fixed, and the only reason we didn't hear about it is that the changelogs are automated (so some weird version control nonsense?).

And mentions about the lag which many users had reported post-Emperor?

Only way to say for sure is to play it yourself; but a lot of people were asking for it to be split into multiple patches if it meant getting the HRE shit fixed sooner.

Lol though:

Groogy said:
Update: And I realize now as we release it that the hotkey I added for attach army is already used by detach to siege button. Luckily you can fix my mistake by using the hotkey manager

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hotfix dropped

1.30.2 Changelog
###################
# Gamebalance
###################
# Religion

# War & Peace

# Other

###################
# AI
###################
# Tooltips

# Other

###################
# Interface
###################
# Other

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

Did they fix the brain dead path fining? This DLC/patch made it intolerable,a lot worst than before. Also the rebel shit was clearly because they make the estate system retarded lol.

Also am i the only one that just takes the +1 point in amd/dip/mil and then takes all the ground form the estates?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I played around 6-7 games to finish by now,my last game was with orthodox france and even managed to disband the HRE by converting it to orthodox before the religious war lol wasn't even trying.

So i would bouldlly say that this DLC is pretty broken mess,they just made us wait for no reason really. A good modder could do all that shit in a month or two,but the whole EU4 team couldn't chop it for a year.

My recomendation for the most fun country to play....well the orthodox knights doing their mission and looting everything :). It was the best game i had in a long time. I was in a constant war against all the european and kebab powers. Raiding really butthurts everyone and makes them go after you hard,i had a blast!

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Peace treaty payouts fixed.

Groogy said:
###################
# AI
###################
# Other
- AI won't push through the entire council of trent in one day anymore

###################
# Interface
###################
# Icons/Art
- Added missing icon for governing cost modifier

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Added DLC check to support independence agenda
- British and Spanish missions that require passing an HRE reform are now updated for Emperor
- Burgundian mission fallback will no longer join hre if it doesn't exist
- Fixed Ansbach succession event requiring wrong ruler for Ansbach
- Fixed Bohemian mission requiring wrong rival when PLC exists
- Fixed CTD that can happen when AI was working with an agent that only consisted of mercs
- Fixed OOS that happen if you have negative seperatism in a province.
- Fixed Peace treaty to enforce peasant republic on others
- Fixed bug where it wouldn't give full payout in gold peace treaty
- Fixed duplicate mission id's in script, which was causing some mission art to display incorrectly
- Fixed no loc for Hussite Traditions event for non-Hussites
- Fixed no tier 3 gov reforms for rev empires without emperor dlc
- Fixed some development agendas picking non-state core provinces
- French Auld Alliance mission no longer requires the British country to be independent
- Hotkey for Attach army no longer overlaps, it is now 'h'. You might need to reset hotkeys through the new manager to make it work
- Italian nations must now lose a war to the Emperor to be considered reined in for Shadow Kingdom, rather than losing any war
- Lubeck mission can no longer grant a CB against Norway if it doesn't exist
- Pope should now always be Catholic when released as a vassal
- Updated location of Genoa trade node for All Your Trade achievement
- Fixed bug with how scaling reform desire modifier was applied

via https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...hecksum-8406-not-for-problem-reports.1401291/

edit: interesting posts

Stopping Italy from leaving the HRE:
Nations are also considered reined in for the purposes of the Shadow Kingom if one of the following applies (in addition to losing a war to the Emperor):

• Have an alliance with the Emperor.
  • Is a subject of the Emperor.
  • Is a Free City.
  • Has at least 150 opinion of the Emperor.

What "losing a war to the Emperor" means:
From looking at the script, as I understand it, the Emperor needs to be the nation sending the peace deal.

One way nations will join the HRE:
This isn't Denmark specific, but its a generic incident (incident_pu_subject_joins_empire) which requires an HRE nation to have a PU with a non-HRE nation for at least 20 years.

Missing changelogs:
Both the fixes for the never-ending Savonarola disaster and the automatic input of "f" in the search box were missed by our automated tools that compile the patch notes.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Do you think that MEIOU 3.0 will be released this year?

Edit: Fuck, i was on Imperialism Reinvigorated discord and according to them Paracucks introduced tag limit in 1.30. So no mods like Voltaire nightmare

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you look at the problem seriously, it wasn't possible either way because the game's mechanics can't model such small entities.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I'm still on my first playthrough with France. Now I also see how the domination of the Ivory Coast and Malacca trade nodes is what brings in the real money.

Currently gobbling up smaller states in different parts of the world. It's also quite practical to be allied to Spain which is also active everywhere. Not even Ming or Mamlucks dare to form a coalition against us two.

Vatnik Wumao
What about them?

Two shitty provinces in northern Scotland with 3 development each. Starts as vassal of Scotland and either get integrated or eaten by Anglos. I wonder if somebody manage to play/win with them.
Yeah, get support for your independence from Denmark and/or (preferably) England. Take as many provinces in the peace deal as you can (particularly the two centers of trade in lower Scotland) and focus on building your economy and what have you. Then either keep your alliance with England (if you can) and maybe expand into Ireland or focus on allying with England's rivals (particularly France) as a deterrent from invasions and maybe invade 'em when the situation is ripe for conquest.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What about them?

Two shitty provinces in northern Scotland with 3 development each. Starts as vassal of Scotland and either get integrated or eaten by Anglos. I wonder if somebody manage to play/win with them.
Yeah, get support for your independence from Denmark and/or (preferably) England. Take as many provinces in the peace deal as you can (particularly the two centers of trade in lower Scotland) and focus on building your economy and what have you. Then either keep your alliance with England (if you can) and maybe expand into Ireland or focus on allying with England's rivals (particularly France) as a deterrent from invasions and maybe invade 'em when the situation is ripe for conquest.
Waiting for support indep is boring,just develop the land for the first year or two,make 2-5 heavies and go over limit and kill the scots. It is preaty easy start,you don't have major power to contend with and once you eat the scots the rest is smooth sailing. The english could muster early game around 20-30ish on normal,which you could slap around. Just eat all of ireland before beating the shit out of the english curs. If you are afraid of coalitions,just occupy all of ireland before peaceing out. After you beat england for 100 warscore just go bankrupt and chill. Oh also focus on mil for that tech advantage.

Vatnik Wumao
What about them?

Waiting for support indep is boring,just develop the land for the first year or two,make 2-5 heavies and go over limit and kill the scots. It is preaty easy start,you don't have major power to contend with and once you eat the scots the rest is smooth sailing. The english could muster early game around 20-30ish on normal,which you could slap around. Just eat all of ireland before beating the shit out of the english curs. If you are afraid of coalitions,just occupy all of ireland before peaceing out. After you beat england for 100 warscore just go bankrupt and chill. Oh also focus on mil for that tech advantage.
Good luck fighting France (which guarantees and often allies Scotland). By being allied to England, you can get them out of the war by granting them English land on the continent in a separate peace deal.

Also, 5555th post, so see y'all later. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom