Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Repent. The end is near.

Is she really japanese? She has relatively big boobs for an asian girl. Perhaps a hybrid?

She's clearly an hapa, but nowadays asian girls with naturally sizeable busts aren't uncommon.

Waist-to-hip ratio of hers is somewhat unusual for Asian girls

From China.
Here for 6 years.
3 messages.
2 of which are about China.
1 conclusion: Chinese spy located.

Wunderbar

Arcane
not sure if this has been posted here yet:
https://www.gamereactor.eu/cyberpunk-2077s-wall-running-scrapped-due-to-design-reasons/
disappointing, but they barely showed it off anyway
let's cram as much shit into our game so it will crumble under its weight, then remove already announced and advertised features because they don't fit and because we've ran out of time.

naV4MVf.jpg

Harthwain

Magister
I've gone to bat for this game, but no subway is the last straw. They just cut, and cut, and cut. Would not be surprised for it and many other features to show up in a DLC
I am surprised they are cutting it. I would have thought that a subway could make for a good teleport system between distant fixed points in the city.

Zer0wing

Cipher
let's cram as much shit into our game so it will crumble under its weight, then remove already announced and advertised features because they don't fit and because we've ran out of time.
All cynicism aside, wallrunning removal was hit right into the gut - CDPR could mix wallrunning with melee and unarmed combat to spice this crap up akin to Mirror's Edge: Catalyst kind.

ybfelix

Novice
Repent. The end is near.

Is she really japanese? She has relatively big boobs for an asian girl. Perhaps a hybrid?

She's clearly an hapa, but nowadays asian girls with naturally sizeable busts aren't uncommon.

Waist-to-hip ratio of hers is somewhat unusual for Asian girls

From China.
Here for 6 years.
3 messages.
2 of which are about China.
1 conclusion: Chinese spy located.

I was reactivated recently because outside Codex, right now there are more commies in the US than China and there's nothing else for us to infiltrate

Wesp5

Arcane
As of now, how many things have they cut from the game since their release announcement?

Maybe they do it like Troika and leave all the unfinished and cut stuff in the game files for modders to restore ;)? Was it similar with their Witcher games?

Curratum

Wait, how did I miss they are cutting out the subway... :D

This is hilarious. Can't wait for them to "optimize" it more because dropping to 30 fps on an RXT 2080 Ti, while not even running at native 1080p, some 4 months before release is hilariously bad, especially given how bad the LOD popup is.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When you have designer/artistic types leading the project with no corporate meddling, you end up overshooting the scope and you need to cut stuff. The mistake is that of announcing things, not the cutting in itself. Everyone makes cuts.

compvet24

Educated
As of now, how many things have they cut from the game since their release announcement?

Maybe they do it like Troika and leave all the unfinished and cut stuff in the game files for modders to restore ;)? Was it similar with their Witcher games?

I very much hope so, that would leave at least an opportunity to salvage lost material. I'll be firstly hoping that mod support is indeed actually supported :negative:

( P.S Thank you for all the unofficial patches for Vtmb by the way, you are seriously an absolute legend )

just

Liturgist
each day till november there will be an article what feature they've removed
in the end you wont even be able to walk or shoot, just watch some cutscenes

Vityaz

Augur
Ngl, the list of cut content is getting more and more dissapointing...

What are the odds they might bring it back with DLCs tho?

Technomancer

Liturgist
I am surprised they are cutting it. I would have thought that a subway could make for a good teleport system between distant fixed points in the city.
It works like teleport stones, you press on a terminal and teleport. They cut metro as a physical element so you can't ride around the tunnels like in GTA.

Curratum

I find it a little alarming that such significant cuts are being announced so close to release. Can't imagine what other seemingly innocent cuts will accumulate by November.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
TBH, I miss car customization much more than I would miss the subway. I don't find myself using the subway often in GTA. It's worth weighing the options though - do you prefer to cut a feature or to leave it in but half-assed?

I guess for the subway to be integrated properly as a system and as an area of the city it would have to be referenced by characters, maybe have gangs and their activities which would be related to it...?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom