Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vityaz

Augur
TBH, I miss car customization much more than I would miss the subway. I don't find myself using the subway often in GTA. It's worth weighing the options though - do you prefer to cut a feature or to leave it in but half-assed?

I guess for the subway to be integrated properly as a system and as an area of the city it would have to be referenced by characters, maybe have gangs and their activities which would be related to it...?

Car customization sounds like something they might bring back with (free?) DLC imho, if Witcher 3 post-release content is anything to go by.

Subway on the other hand might be a bit more complicated...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Car customization sounds like something they might bring back with (free?) DLC imho, if Witcher 3 post-release content is anything to go by.

Subway on the other hand might be a bit more complicated...
Depends on how they have modded versions of the same car model implemented currently. If the implementation is that they are already modular, then I see adding car customization as more probable, but if they don't have the foundation of the system yet, I really doubt they would retroactively insert it and replace cars all around the game with the new objects. Sounds like a big refactoring, but who knows. It's a question for an interview.

Quillon

Arcane
I find it weird no previewer asked CDPR or gave opinion about if "style" really matters. Will NPCs react to what V is wearing/what visible augs installed etc?

Silverfish

Arbiter
each day till november there will be an article what feature they've removed
in the end you wont even be able to walk or shoot, just watch some cutscenes

Unless you preorder, then you can get the blank disc edition.

Harthwain

Magister
It works like teleport stones, you press on a terminal and teleport. They cut metro as a physical element so you can't ride around the tunnels like in GTA.
This makes sense, considering that subway is pretty fixed when it comes to travelling, as opposed to driving a car. Unless they can make subway more meaningful I don't think people are really losing much by having subway work as teleport (save maybe for the atmosphere).

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I find it weird no previewer asked CDPR or gave opinion about if "style" really matters. Will NPCs react to what V is wearing/what visible augs installed etc?

Back in 2013 they said they had cool ideas for wardrobe&style skill, but that’s ancient history and this is not the same game they set out to do then. My quess is you might get random comments from certain NPC’s, but that’s about it.

eilef

Educated
So they cut car customization, subway, wall running - but decided to double down on boring W3 sense 2.0, aka "braindance". This deal is getting worse all the time.

Quillon

Arcane

Back in 2013 they said they had cool ideas for wardrobe&style skill, but that’s ancient history and this is not the same game they set out to do then. My quess is you might get random comments from certain NPC’s, but that’s about it.

Well they jerked off to "style & substance" for a while last year... and they & mike pondsmith emphasized importance of style for the genre/IP many times :/

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So they cut car customization

I’m almost certain this is something you’ll get as a DLC; probably even for free (as per how they did with Twitcher3) so they can gloat about how good they are to their customers.

Well they jerked off to "style & substance" for a while last year... and they & mike pondsmith emphasized importance of style for the genre/IP many times :/

Yeah, I know. It is a bit puzzling, but somehow I don’t think ”style” here is more than ”cool(tm)” looking jackets with a small streetcred bonus.

I could swear I watched one video preview where style came up. At the least I'd guess it effects your "Cool" stat. I think it was also supposed to act similar to how what you wear in GTA San Andreas will effect how NPC react to you in different locations.

let's cram as much shit into our game so it will crumble under its weight, then remove already announced and advertised features because they don't fit and because we've ran out of time.
All cynicism aside, wallrunning removal was hit right into the gut - CDPR could mix wallrunning with melee and unarmed combat to spice this crap up akin to Mirror's Edge: Catalyst kind.

The wall running going seems like a weird cut. While not everyone that's seen the game has been so hot on the shooting, (even still) the wall running (mixed with melee) seemed to be a aspect they did like.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
As one previewer noted, it's weird how much costumization there is on your actual character, and how little you actually get to see yourself in the world with those choices, and how its reflected back to you.

Why would you spend such a long time costumizing shit, if it never really ends up being used or portrayed to the player throughtout the game?

MYSTARY

Danikas

Arcane
1cm80smb55851.jpg

marek

Educated
I wonder why cutting subways seems to be a problem for some. They would be nice for immersion, but beyond that wouldn't really add anything to gameplay (considering fast travel + car summoning options). Being disappointed about no more wall running i understand since this actually changes the options you have ingame...

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
I wonder why cutting subways seems to be a problem for some. They would be nice for immersion, but beyond that wouldn't really add anything to gameplay (considering fast travel + car summoning options). Being disappointed about no more wall running i understand since this actually changes the options you have ingame...

People have hate in their hearts

Unwanted

†††

Patron
As one previewer noted, it's weird how much costumization there is on your actual character, and how little you actually get to see yourself in the world with those choices, and how its reflected back to you.

Why would you spend such a long time costumizing shit, if it never really ends up being used or portrayed to the player throughtout the game?

MYSTARY

Obviously your penis size and type will determine the ending

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I'd have considered the vast majority of codexians as much too cynical to believe anything shown in previews. Guess I was wrong. Personally, I haven't paid enough attention to the game over the years to even remember what was promised.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom