Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

Morkar Left

Never heard of it. But since a sequel to Frayed Knights seems to be dead this could actually fill that niche for me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/970830/view/2414440242062168132

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos in the PC Gaming Show!
7dcafd311e22b82fc50555b7cae57c7b8f85fed9.jpg

Hello, adventurers!

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos appeared today in the PC Gaming Show livestream, showing up with a special message from the Magician’s voice, Felicia Day (Supernatural, The Guild) and a short extract of new gameplay.

The PC Gaming Show is a huge event dedicated to the PC gaming universe in general; each year, they present an insane amount of new games - and this year, The Amulet of Chaos was one of these games.

For us, this was an amazing opportunity to show off a bit more of The Amulet of Chaos, a few months before its release - our wacky tactical RPG is to be released during this summer. During the show, a short video was shown; in order to satisfy our most curious fans, we also made a longer version of that gameplay segment, which displays the whole fight against the goblins, and uploaded it on our YouTube channel.

We sincerely hope you’re as excited about these news as we are! If you want to see more about The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos, stay tuned; we will be back for the Summer Edition of the Steam Game Festival.

Last edited:

The Red Knight

Erudite

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've tried the demo.
And the game has surprisingly deep mechanics for such a loony-cartoony art style.

* Friendly fire
* Facing
* Attacks of opportunity
* Flanking and positional attacks
* Destructible environment
* Status effects
* 3 layers of hit and damage calculations: Accuracy - Parry/Dodge - Damage Resistance
* Two sets of weapons for each character except for the Wizard and the Ogre (but in the demo only the Ranger had an alternate weapon).
* A dozen or so of equipment slots.

There seems to be 8 characters (maybe more): Dwarf, Elf, Ogre, Ranger, Barbarian, Wizard, Rogue, Paladin.
Demo was very short and extremely easy, but it already shows there could be some interesting synergies between skills of different characters.

* Character development is more complex than in many more "high-brow" games.
There are 6 main and 13 derivative stats.
Skill trees allow to build characters in a couple of different ways.

QPyEkuK.png

Not everything was great though.
Humor is about the same quality as graphics:
5dDVkpg.png

And the Exploration is pretty basic.
I've seen no puzzles beyond "click a lever in the next room" and traps other then "click that 100% disarm chance thingie", but I hope there will more interesting stuff in the full release.
All in all, the game turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Not everything was great though

I installed the demo too, the cut-scenes and the retarded tutorial wore me off so much i couldn't muster the strength to play after the first 1 vs 1 battle, because of course, the team is scattered and you pick them up one by one.

The good thing is you can, and you should, skip the cut-scenes...

Dexter

Arcane
Tried the Demo and it grew on me, 7 distinct characters, lotsa different Status effects, penalties, afflictions, To-Hit chances, backstabbing etc. based on position of characters, full/half cover similar to X-Com, no health regen between combats, combat wounds when incapacitated, unconsciousness on critical hits, immobilization. Initiative combat table at the top of the screen, turn delay, resistances, different combat stances, opportunity attacks, waypoint moving, environmental destruction, unique character skills and support boni, Retreat/Reinforcements/Elites in battle. Every character can up his Attributes on Levelup and gain Active and Passive Skills. Tits!

Wishlisted! If you want to try a relatively intricate TB RPG this is your choice. Relatively long Demo:

WgF0wos.jpg

v1hPXzK.jpg

Efe

Erudite
thought it could be good but sadly is not my cup of tea
too slow
retarded dialogue
railroaded
made by french
0 difficulty in demo

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/970830/view/2540542299318103063

A release date for The Amulet of Chaos!

e2eb0be6b07f9ef30c801c51dfd0588a2d16b30b.jpg

Adventurers, gather round!

We come to you today with great news! For a very long time, we haven’t be able to tell you anything about The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos’s release date, aside from the vague “Summer 2020” that we always used to answer your questions.

However, this changes today!

As you may have seen in the brand new trailer shown by GameSpot earlier today, we can finally announce a date :

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos will be available on PC on August 27th, 2020 !

Add The Amulet of Chaos to your Steam wishlist right now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/970830/The_Dungeon_Of_Naheulbeuk_The_Amulet_Of_Chaos/ The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos will...

Check out the characters from The Amulet of Chaos in action and get a better look at the party you’ll be leading!

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos is a wacky tactical RPG featuring a group of less-than-qualified adventurers exploring a dangerous, but very weird dungeon. Take advantage of each character’s strengths and weaknesses and lead the party to their goal!

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks a bit too much like a parody so stretched out it became what it mocked.

It began as a parody, but then the original author also published a tabletop role-playing game set in the same setting. So yes, it had already went full circle

Regarding the game, I'm just bothered they're apparently not using the original voices, which was like half the appeal of the original web audio

Last edited:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://steamcommunity.com/games/970830/announcements/detail/4228270796630230688

New Announcement Date and New Characters for The Amulet of Chaos
794a81bd57d8beb5729f00629ac6ef1c7e377904.jpg

Hi, everyone!

We have two things to tell you today.

First things first: we’re going to be late. In order to finish The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos properly, to polish it and make it the best it can be, we are pushing the release date to September 17th.
We’ve been set back by a few fumbles, but nothing too critical. We just need some more rounds to catch up! There’s no need to worry though: we locked up the developers with the Dwarf until the game is ready.

On a happier note, we also have a new trailer for you. Today, discover the Companions, three specific characters among which only one will join your party permanently as the eighth adventurer :
  • The Minstrel, an obnoxious half-elf bard whose music offers great support to the party.
  • The Paladin, a powerful fighter who serves the Goddess of Justice. For those who played the demo in June, you already met her!
  • The Priestess, a condescending, but skilled healer, who would use the party as much as they’d use her.

You’ll be able to “try” each of these companions, as they will briefly join you for short quests (like the Paladin in the demo) before you’re offered the opportunity to recruit one of them. Find which one suits you the best!

Last edited by a moderator:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So there was already a male paladin in the audio show, but the devs preferred adding a new female paladin, because of course you can't have too many male characters in a 2020 game...

Last edited:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/970830/view/2767979155596670741

Close up on the ranger!

386b1e14bcf078339b88e0ce72071aeb27799d8e.jpg

Howdy, adventurers!

Today, we come to you with the beginning of a new series: the character closeups for The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos.

Baiscally, we are going to produce several short videos presenting one specific character from the party of adventurers that the player controls in the game. Their outfits, their skills and their role on the battlefield: a proper introduction for those less-than-qualified heroes.

And for our first iteration, who better than the Ranger?

The self-proclaimed leader of the party is a bossy and self-absorbed man, but he’s also a reliable, jack-of-all-trades warrior who never hesitates to fight for his friends. His abilities as a warrior are quite varied: he can use both a sword and a longbow, can provide first aid to his teammates and is a great support.

In addition to this, he also has a unique skill: he can advise his party on the tactic they should follow, either defensive or offensive, and buff their abilities to follow his strategies.

Discover the Ranger in action here:

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos is a wacky tactical RPG featuring a group of less-than-qualified adventurers exploring a dangerous, but very weird dungeon. Take advantage of each character’s strengths and weaknesses and lead the party to their goal!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Steam demo is out again.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/970830/view/2887325180052974723

The Amulet of Chaos at Gamescom 2020
f4af3369df3895f0758463c87659389a6bd89b73.jpg

Howdy, adventurers!

Gamescom 2020 is beginning today and, with it, the virtual edition of the Indie Arena Booth event. The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos will proudly be represented at both those events!
As soon as the Indie Arena Booth will be open to the public (tonight at 10PM CEST), you’ll be able to find our booth here: https://online.indiearenabooth.com/?ID=1414

To celebrate this huge event, we have two activities planned for the upcoming days. We hope you’ll like them!

1 - Q&A with the developers of The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos!
Just like we did a few months ago, we’re preparing a new Q&A to give you a chance to ask any question you have about the game, directly to the developers of the Amulet of Chaos. It will be held on the Dear Villagers Discord server on Friday, 28th of August at 4:30PM CEST and will last around one hour. Join us here: https://discord.gg/jQnX2mQ
If you can’t make it but have a question, please put it in this news’ comments: if we have time to answer them during the event, we will.
Once the Q&A is over, a summary of the questions asked and the answers received will be added to this news! Check it out in a few days!

2 - The Amulet of Chaos in action! Discover a new Let’s Play!
On Saturday, 29th of August, a new video will be added to Dear Villagers’ YouTube channel: a brand new, complete playthrough of the demo released in June. For those who missed it, it’s your chance to see its content entirely and get a taste of The Amulet of Chaos’ gameplay!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I have so many serious game it might be ok. The first vid had interesting looking map designs 31-34 secs in. I look to see various automaps in games.

comes to gog I'll hit it up on a sale. Steam... nah. Back in my place in oregon this phone barely can log on.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
A blast from the past, although I've never really listened past the first season, I have good memories of naheulbeuk.
I was however an avid fan of Reflets d'Acide, another web audio series parodizing tabletop rpgs, written almost entirely in alexandrines, with 1h30min long episodes and dozens of characters.
To this day I'm still amazed by Reflets d'Acide's writing. Albeit the author' style was a little heavy to my own tastes. I know some posters would have deemed it resolutely pretentious.
But I can appreciate a man's pretentions when they're properly showcased.

baud

Arcane
Patron
A blast from the past, although I've never really listened past the first season, I have good memories of naheulbeuk.
I was however an avid fan of Reflets d'Acide, another web audio series parodizing tabletop rpgs, written almost entirely in alexandrines, with 1h30min long episodes and dozens of characters.
To this day I'm still amazed by Reflets d'Acide's writing. Albeit the author' style was a little heavy to my own tastes. I know some posters would have deemed it resolutely pretentious.
But I can appreciate a man's pretentions when they're properly showcased.

I remember hearing about Reflets d'Acide and how it's supposed to be better than Naheulbeuk, I listened too some of it, I agree that it's more clever than Naheulbeuk (but still in the same genre), but I just listened a few episodes, as it was way too long and I was never a fan of the web audio format

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/970830/view/2887325180071915579
Close up on The Barbarian
9df8dc2c4341a8410f5d7c236915910491b8c74f.jpg

Howdy, adventurers!

Our Close up series continues! Today, it’s time for for the brawn of the group to shine - The Barbarian.

The Barbarian is probably the most combat-oriented character of the party: he literally lives to fight. Nothing makes him feel better than waving his oversized sword in the general direction of enemies’ limbs, and it shows! He is as physically strong as humans get, and is rather competent when it comes to using this strength to fight his foes and protect his friends.
Outside of combat, though? He might be the dumbest one of the group, has no understanding of social interactions nor magic, and considers the less physical members of the party as weak and cowardly. Does it really matter though? He’s loyal, he has a big sword and he sure knows how to use it.

On the battlefield, in addition to his weapons, he can push his enemies’ away by kicking them and support his allies by screaming very loudly or slapping them in the face.
Trust us, it looks cooler than it sounds:

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos is a wacky tactical RPG featuring a group of less-than-qualified adventurers exploring a dangerous, but very weird dungeon. Take advantage of each character’s strengths and weaknesses and lead the party to their goal! Add The Amulet of Chaos to your Steam wishlist now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom