Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Well I solved all the puzzles and sent it, no idea if I am the first though... ( took me an hour since he posted the last one, big fail )

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Nothing more satisfying than reaching the resting spot barely alive and with spells depleted.

Just sent my solution. Hope I got it right, last one seemed rather elaborate. Has he answered your email?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/2881208

Update #31: Recap of Twitter RPG Questions! Only 14 Hours To Go!!

Recap of RPG Questions On Twitter

During the campaign, I've been asking a number of RPG questions on Twitter. Here's a selection of these questions together with the answers I've received. Feel free to reply to them in the comments. :)

1) What are your favourite RPG antagonists: Dragons, Slavers, Mind-Flayers, Mad Wizards, Mad Kings, Dark Elves, Giants, Orcs, Liches, Vampires, Necromancers, Demons, Devils, Evil Clerics, Evil Armies, Constructs, Celestials, Yourself From Previous Lives, Evil Gods?

The most popular answer was 'Mad Wizards'. The other answers were Undead creatures, Cults and Evil Organisations posing as benevolent, Mad Kings, Traitorous Friends, and Evil Armies.

2) What is most important in an NPC that can join your party? Banter? Interesting combat mechanics? Usefulness in party? Appearance? Personality? Race/class variety? Romance/friendship? Raw power?

Indie Game Picks replied: For me it is a combination of personality / banter that doesn't create an unviable party mechanics wise. For example, in Baldur's Gate 2 I went with the Mage / Thief Jan Jansen instead of an extra tank or healer just because I loved his banter, and I ended up with four spellcasters.

3) What do you like the most about RPG towns? Lots of quests? Merchants offering unique items? The atmosphere of a bustling city? Tavern drinking contests? Different environments for fights? Characters to talk to?

The answers were great encounters combined with story, the opportunity to sell your items, and the opportunity to buy exciting new items.

4) What do you like the most about a party? Creating all the characters yourself? Creating only one & recruiting interesting NPCs? Trying out cool class / race combos? Having 6 or 8 characters?

Indie Game Picks replied: It depends on the premise. If the story wants a "party" as in Icewind Dale and Wasteland 2, then I will create all the character, but if the game is story heavy / character based I will always create only the main character and try to enjoy all the sides the game has to offer (Baldur's Gate). I always appreciate having more slots, because I want the most possible companions with me.

Bulgozor replied: I hate that choice. On the one hand you can make whatever combination of race / class you like, on the other, you are stuck with pre-made developer choice and not much flexibility, but having a companion with banter, actual "soul" and interesting plot is great.

Probably the best choice would be choosing every characters class from a pool of similar classes when you meet them. For example, you meet Guradul, a big Half-Orc. When he joins you, you could choose his class and kit from this pool: Fighter, Barbarian, Storm Warrior or Gladiator.

This way his dialogue and character doesn't change (like it would if you were choosing between Paladin, Sorcerer and Rogue), you can build a party however you like, and you still have party banters and companion quests. Unfortunately I never saw something like this in a good RPG.

Galdred replied: For me, it is creating a single character myself, and finding tough characters to recruit. Tough means that they have access to unique abilities or stats. I couldn't care less about having "conversation" with them.

Angelo replied: First time playing, I don't know the game, I don't know which skills, features, etc are important or not. So I prefer not having to make that decision my first playthrough.

5) Do you like playing Evil characters? Do you need Evil dialogue options? How important is the Evil playing style for you?

Ipsus301 replied: I like having an Evil path available especially if it is more than just kicking cats to be bad, i.e., chaotic evil, but also allows a more powermongering path. For example, helping the good faction by doing bad things. :)
6) When it comes to RPG player freedom, what is most important to you: Great linear storytelling with limited choices, or Branching scenarios giving your choices more impact?

Paquo Castor replied: I really like reactivity. Like additional dialogs due to player race.

MadQuills replied: Linear storytelling. Branching consequences are meaningless if none of the options are satisfying or lead to a good narrative conclusion.

7) What's your favourite D&D and KotC 2 Character Class? And is a Bard or a Rogue essential for your party?

NoBudgetGames replied: The Paladin. I love cool Plate Armour, casting divine spells and having no weapon restrictions. Also high Charisma which gives the option of diplomacy. A classic hero class :)

Wayne replied: I love Psychic Warriors. A self-buffed Mantis or Half-Giant Psychic Warrior charging across the field of battle is horrifying. Unless you're the one controlling them... then it's really cool. :D

Rogues are pretty essential if there are traps only they can find / disarm. I actually dislike that because it feels like I have to take a Rogue along. If a party can survive without one, then I won't take up a roster slot with a Rogue. I'd rather have a Death Knight.

I replied: KotC 2 will give lots of options to the player. Traps shouldn't force you to have a Rogue. A Wizard might melt the lock, a Barbarian might just take the damage, a Bard might seduce the owner and have them open the chest, and so on.

Paquo Castor replied: Bards and Rogues are often nice to have. I love martial types and my favourite class is Fighter, because of the feats. But Gladiator seems nice, because of the combat manoeuvres. Samurai seems cool too, but would be hard to fit in.

Indie Game Picks replied: I love Bards, though I have to admit, they are pretty hard to play in 3.5.

Galdred replied: Mage Knights. I have been missing this archetype from most games. To me, there is nothing cooler than casting with one hand and slashing with the other one.

I Love RPGs replied: Monks. Punching and kicking your foes, getting up close and personal!

8) Do you use the D&D combat manoeuvres like Bull Rush, Grapple, Feint, Disarm, Trip and Sunder often, or do you prefer to just kill the enemy with maximum damage?

Wayne replied: I definitely enjoy the trip and grapple feat trees. Get far enough along, and you don't have to decide between tripping someone or attacking for damage - you will do both! :)

Paquo Castor replied: Combat manoeuvres are great spice for fighters.

Ontopoly replied: I just like hitting things with the biggest sword I can find.

9) What's your favourite RPG art style, pixel art or 3d-realism? Which CRPG has your favourite art style: Dark Sun, Ultima 7, Fallout, Diablo, BG 2, Pillars of Eternity, ToEE, Neverwinter Nights 2?

The answers contained eight votes for Ultima VII, seven votes for Temple of Elemental Evil, four votes for Pillars of Eternity, four votes for Dark Sun Shattered Lands, four votes for Fallout, four votes for Baldur's Gate, four votes for Ultima VI, three votes for Diablo and two votes for Arcanum.

10) How many times are you willing to replay a battle before you get frustrated and give up? Are you disappointed if you win on the first try?

Wayne replied: I'll replay a battle 2-3 times after I lost. If that's not enough then I'll likely never win with my current party, and I'll just start again or trade out members before trying once more. I'm not disappointed if I win the first time. I like squeaking by, though!

Tomas replied: Depends on difficulty - on normal once or twice is ok. On hardest anything goes :)

Nathan replied: Honestly the old Gold Box games sometimes almost required reloading to prepare for a combat. I get curb-stomped by a set encounter, then I reload with Bless, Prayer, Haste etc and I win. I think my record for reloading for a encounter was five or six times.

I replied: I think it's a great feeling when you finally beat an encounter after trying out several buff spells and different tactics and reloading several times!

FalconianP replied: If we're talking major combats, my favorite is when I beat it on the first go but I was holding my breath for half of it. As for how many times, I dunno, depends on my mood. Anywhere from a couple to "until it's done, no matter the cost".

I replied: Coming out victorious after a battle where your party barely managed to survive seems to be the most entertaining scenario!

11) What are your favourite D&D and KotC 2 Cleric Domains and domain synergies?

Wayne replied: Hunting and Flux both look helpful and powerful. I’m planning on a Bishop, so I’ll have lots of other domains to play with too. Turning and Healing are both going to be in my build too.

I replied: I love the Reach domain in KotC 2 for Bishops. Flux is awesome as well. Justice is very good, too. All the summoning domains are great. Curing domain is very very helpful (move-action cure spells + turn undead to cure). Magic and Mysticism are great too as well!

12) Which KotC 2 fighter / spellcaster hybrid classes interest you the most? Paladin? Ranger? Rogue? Psy War? Storm War? Champion? Bard? Mage Knight?

The answers included Psychic Warrior, Mage Knight and Bard.

13) What KotC 2 Race & Class combo interests you for a Pure Warrior Character? Fighter? Barbarian? Gladiator? Death Knight? Monk? Samurai? No pure warrior?

The answers included Mantis Monk, Human Death Knight with Feint feats, Half-Giant Gladiator and Mul Gladiator.

14) Which Race / Subrace in KotC 2 is most interesting? Mantis? Centaur? Drake? Half-Giant? Kobold? Half-Salamander? Just plain Human? What monster should be playable?

Wayne replied: A Half-Salamander looks very interesting. Dual-wielding builds, Monks or Archers mean a lot of elemental damage in addition to their regular weapon damage. Playable monsters, I always thought it'd be fun to play one of the Fae - a Nymph or Satyr!

GloriousCompanions replied: I always liked Kobolds, they seem pretty cool.

Marco Polo Studios replied: Mantis sounds the most interesting to me.

TerraRandoma replied: I'll take Centaur, thank you very much! :)

15) What are your favourite D&D and KotC 2 Feats for Warriors? Cleave? Whirlwind Attack? Wade In? Two-Weapon Fighting?

The answers included the Cleave chain, Improved Critical, Whirlwind Attack and Monkey Grip.

16) What's your favourite KotC 2 Spellcaster Class? Which Caster Class is most powerful?

Wayne replied: Druid is great. But with the transformation option of Wizards, for pure effectiveness I think they’d be hard to beat.

I replied: I agree, but I think that the Warlock and Sorcerer are pretty close to the Wizard for pure effectiveness. Sorcerers have the transformation option and powerful Cleric spells.

The Warlock is probably more powerful in situations where the Wizard would run out of spell slots, while the Warlock could keep going with his Power Points. I also think that the Psychic Healer, Cleric, Druid, Psionicist, Champion and Storm Warrior are great, too.

Tomas replied: Good ole Wizard.

Graywalkers replied: Any that have access to Accelerated Spell. Very powerful to cast 2 spells per round!

17) What are your favourite D&D dungeon monsters? jellies? mimics? minotaurs? beholders? gorgons? giants? dragons? orcs? goblins? gnolls?

Wayne replied: I love taking the regular cannon-fodder monsters and adding class levels. "It's just a Goblin" turns into a party screaming as it cackles and casts Fireball.

Dominik replied the Illithids, while Punnypunypony replied the Bugbears.

Stretch Goals & Social Goals Report And Links
The number of backers has just reached 801! Thank You, Brave Knights!! :)

This means that KotC 2 will have one extra Hand-Drawn Splash Screen.

I expect that we will reach the Fifth Stretch Goal. I will announce it when the final amount is confirmed. The Fifth Stretch Goal includes the Sentient Sword Companion and the Iconised Combat Actions Menu. The Sixth Stretch Goal includes the Spell Weaver Character Class.

The campaign will end in around 14 hours, so please Keep Spreading The Word! ^^

All of the following links can be used to Further Increase Awareness of the Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter campaign among CRPG lovers:

Please feel free to download the updated promo pack for KotC 2 if you would like to promote the campaign with images, text or animated GIFs.

You can also join our mailing list by registering on the HeroicFantasyGames.com forums. Finally, you can join us on Discord by following the Discord Invite Link! :)

Only 14 Hours To Go! Hang On For The Final Sprint!! ^^
The Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter ends in about 14 hours! The Final Hours Are Upon Us!! :D

Tomorrow, I will prepare the KS Backer Survey which is required for me to get the emails of backers.

Please Keep Spreading the Word while there is still a bit of time left to Repel the Forces of Chaos!! Thank You, Fearless Knights of the Kingdom!! :)

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
So, with the Kickstart ending very soon, will we actually be playing the game sometime tomorrow or Friday? Would be a great holiday weekend treat!

HeroicFantasyGames.Com:
I'll send the emails containing the download details as soon as possible.
However, I will need to collect the email addresses of backers first.
Kickstarter does not provide the email addresses automatically, so I will have to do a backer survey. I will also need to confirm that pledge payments have gone through.
To sum up, some time will be needed for processing, but I'll send out the emails as soon as possible!

BlueSalamander

Heroic Fantasy Games
Developer
Hello, will KOTC 2 run on 32 bit machines?
Yes, it will run. :)

Just sent my solution. Hope I got it right, last one seemed rather elaborate. Has he answered your email?
Don't worry, I will reply your emails soon. Thank you guys, you rock!! :cool:

Less Than 13 Hours to Go Now! Incline Is Close At Hand! :D

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Pierre mon ami, I congratulate you on overcoming your chrometophobia. Buy yourself a tasty non-root dinner, you have deserved it!

:martini:

P.S. hope you don't entirely disappear from the forums like you did the last time. Also hope you listen to our constructive criticisms and well-meaning advices. Despite using you as the butt of the joke, I think most people here wish you success in all aspects of life. Cheers.

Noddy

Augur
P.S. hope you don't entirely disappear from the forums like you did the last time. Also hope you listen to our constructive criticisms and well-meaning advices. Despite using you as the butt of the joke, I think most people here wish you success in all aspects of life. Cheers.

Want the complete opposite tbh
Watching Pierre have to pretend have to care about the retarded opinions of his baby has been the worst part of KS.

A-bloo bloo i want shitty pixelated sprites instead of A E S T H I C tokens.
A-bloo bloo i have ADD and need my UI to have pretty flashing lights, please get rid of your perfectly functional one.
A-bloo bloo the game goes too fast, please slow it down and make it more annoying.

Even saw someone complain about the French girl's voice. This is the level of idiocy were on. That French girl is the greatest choice for a VA in history. Instantly got my dick in the mood to slay something if you know what i mean. And some FUCK called her annoying. FUCKING CUNT.

And look what happens when the festering sub-human masses attempt to worm their way into gameplay. Look at the state of that feat list they're foisting upon poor innocent Pierre.
Dex to damage? A feat designed by manlets and women in a delusional attempt to rewrite physics. In my KOTC? Sickening.
Vital Strike? Pointless paizo trash. It's only purpose can be to give me arthritus from repeatedly scrolling past it.
Power attack? POWERAFUCKINGATTACK? The shittest game ruining feat in all of D20? Nooooooo you can't just let fighter's fall behind wizards noooooooo. FUCKING GARBAGE. There's a reason it's been kept out of KOTC for this long.

I hope based Pierre just takes the money and does whatever the fuck he feels like.
Adds some cool new classes and magic shit, makes some nice modules.
Tells all the the turbonerd autists to suck his mighty dick.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Want the complete opposite tbh
Watching Pierre have to pretend have to care about the retarded opinions of his baby has been the worst part of KS.

A-bloo bloo i want shitty pixelated sprites instead of A E S T H I C tokens.
A-bloo bloo i have ADD and need my UI to have pretty flashing lights, please get rid of your perfectly functional one.
A-bloo bloo the game goes too fast, please slow it down and make it more annoying.

Even saw someone complain about the French girl's voice. This is the level of idiocy were on. That French girl is the greatest choice for a VA in history. Instantly got my dick in the mood to slay something if you know what i mean. And some FUCK called her annoying. FUCKING CUNT.

And look what happens when the festering sub-human masses attempt to worm their way into gameplay. Look at the state of that feat list they're foisting upon poor innocent Pierre.
Dex to damage? A feat designed by manlets and women in a delusional attempt to rewrite physics. In my KOTC? Sickening.
Vital Strike? Pointless paizo trash. It's only purpose can be to give me arthritus from repeatedly scrolling past it.
Power attack? POWERAFUCKINGATTACK? The shittest game ruining feat in all of D20? Nooooooo you can't just let fighter's fall behind wizards noooooooo. FUCKING GARBAGE. There's a reason it's been kept out of KOTC for this long.

I hope based Pierre just takes the money and does whatever the fuck he feels like.
Adds some cool new classes and magic shit, makes some nice modules.
Tells all the the turbonerd autists to suck his mighty dick.

Cleve's alt spotted!
Sorry bro, it was way too obvious...

Mortmal

Arcane
Two hours to go. I'm ready for this to be injected directly into my bloodstream.
Dont do that! An injection of pure rpg and you will overdose. Same as for cocain , look at darkunderlord , he took his big batch of cocain pure and now he's not doing any work on the dex...Oh wait he never did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom