Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What about them?

Two shitty provinces in northern Scotland with 3 development each. Starts as vassal of Scotland and either get integrated or eaten by Anglos. I wonder if somebody manage to play/win with them.
Yeah, get support for your independence from Denmark and/or (preferably) England. Take as many provinces in the peace deal as you can (particularly the two centers of trade in lower Scotland) and focus on building your economy and what have you. Then either keep your alliance with England (if you can) and maybe expand into Ireland or focus on allying with England's rivals (particularly France) as a deterrent from invasions and maybe invade 'em when the situation is ripe for conquest.
Waiting for support indep is boring,just develop the land for the first year or two,make 2-5 heavies and go over limit and kill the scots. It is preaty easy start,you don't have major power to contend with and once you eat the scots the rest is smooth sailing. The english could muster early game around 20-30ish on normal,which you could slap around. Just eat all of ireland before beating the shit out of the english curs. If you are afraid of coalitions,just occupy all of ireland before peaceing out. After you beat england for 100 warscore just go bankrupt and chill. Oh also focus on mil for that tech advantage.
Good luck fighting France (which guarantees and often allies Scotland). By being allied to England, you can get them out of the war by granting them English land on the continent in a separate peace deal.

Also, 5555th post, so see y'all later. :salute:
Challenge accepted......and finished.:smug:
njO8ES4.png

The start was hard but a bit fun,not like most Balkan nations,but still ok. You had to resart a few times so they get alliance with france before the eng war. The worst is if they allie a bunch of irish. I also had a shit luck of winning the war,and then my ruler dying and getting under PU with scot because the cucks put their relative on the throne before the war lol.

Tigranes

Arcane
Savescumming great power alliances at the start massively changes the trajectory of everything, though. I think it was me playing Granada or something years ago where it was the difference between a pretty easy blobbing run and 50-100 years of absolute pain / game overs.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Savescumming great power alliances at the start massively changes the trajectory of everything, though. I think it was me playing Granada or something years ago where it was the difference between a pretty easy blobbing run and 50-100 years of absolute pain / game overs.
At this point i don't bother with alliances because i don't want to wait the 5 year truce.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
In my game, Britain got into a war of succession over Sweden with Austria and Russia, so I decided it is the perfect time to purge the English from North America with Spain and Commonwealth helping me.

Invading Britain is probably still off limits. If Spain sent its main fleet, we could defeat the English one together, but it doesn't look like he wants to.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
After almost 300 years of rivalry, London is Le French now. The only one who can be dangerous to me now is Spain - and I pissed them off by breaking the Treaty of Tortillias.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
New dev diary,

Good afternoon! I am once again eschewing the traditional Swedish summer vacation, this time because I’d prefer to wait until I can safely travel rather than taking a dull staycation in my Stockholm apartment. What that means for you lovely people is that you get summer content dev diaries! Let’s get right into it!

dd_indochina-png.597891

Those of you who know me even slightly will be aware that I love all things South-East Asia (SEA). After 2.5 years on the project, I finally have the opportunity to create the SEA map rework of my dreams. Shown above is Mainland SEA. Burma/Myanmar is excluded from the map rework as I feel that the treatment I gave it during the development of Dharma still holds up. There will certainly be new content for nations in that region however, including what another dev fondly described as the “Shan mission stick” when we played MP this weekend.

The country setup has not been radically altered. The only new additions to the 1444 setup are the tribes inhabiting what is today the Central Highlands of Vietnam. I have, however, added many new provinces and increased the total development of the region significantly. According to the logs, the indo_china_region now contains 64 provinces with 542 total development. Note that these numbers, like all numbers presented in dev diaries, are not final. I’m especially satisfied with how Lan Na fits into its 5-province state, bordered on its west by impassable terrain. Speaking of impassable terrain, the Annamite Range now separates Vietnam from much of Laos, making Dai Viet a drastically more defensible nation.

A design goal for Mainland SEA nations in the 1.31 update is to emphasize vassal play and the development of capital super-cities. We’ll talk about various ways that this will be achieved another time, but one prerequisite for the goal is having nations to vassalize:

dd_releasables-png.597892

Several releasable nations now have cores on territory held in 1444 by Lan Xang and Dai Viet. These nations actually already exist in the game files, but are very rarely seen in 1.30 due to their lack of cores. Unfortunately there aren’t really any sensible ways that I’ve found to divide Ayutthaya or Khmer, though in Ayutthaya’s case Sukhothai can still serve as a vassal to which you can feed your Thai provinces.

dd_culture-png.597893

I’ve also taken a look at culture groups in the region. Central Thai and Northern Thai are now simply “Thai”, which belongs to the Siamese culture group that it shares with Lao and Shan. Countries in this culture group are able to form Siam, though Ayutthaya can only do so via its new mission tree. The “Indochinese” culture group is admittedly fairly arbitrary, but does serve to encompass regions of “natural” Vietnamese expansion on their “nam tiến” (southward advance). Cham has been moved to this group to reflect that we no longer equate culture and language.

dd_siam-png.597894

Next week we’ll take a similar look at Maritime SEA - modern Indonesia and Malaysia. In terms of scripted content you can expect plenty of historical events, mission trees, disasters, government reforms, estate privileges, and more from the 1.31 update. We’ll get to these in later weeks, but for now that’s all I have to say. Until next time, have a good week!

People were talking about SEA and Africa needing some love. Glad to see at least one is getting it. A looot broken up here.

fgKCiXh.png

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
After going full Napoleon and invading Russia (with the help of Poland, Lithuanian Hitmen and China) now I'm getting ready to remove kebab from Europe. It is time.

And yeah, I managed to beat Spain and Portugal together in a sort of 7-front colonial world war. Took Spain's Ivory Coast real estate and am now dominating in trade income.

It's weird grabbing territory from Russia though. I took a chunk in Europe and a chunk in the Far East.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I wouldn't call it quick, have a few hundred hours in it now. And yeah, I already have other colonies of course, most of North America, Caribbean, Brazil, Australia and several trade companies.

Controlling American trade and the India route around Africa seems pretty straight forward. Asian mainland trade I am only looking into right now - not even sure if it is worth it. Unless you play an Asian country of course.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I guess you've just had a lot of time for it.

edit: regarding 1.31,

[Siam] will share a mission tree with Ayutthaya, which will have the largest mission tree in Mainland SEA.

Đại Việt also confirmed, along with changes to Buddhism to give you more ways to influence your karma.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
One thing I found just recently is that when allies start a war, they will give provinces to you that you designate as critical.

Makes it much better to participate in their wars.

At this point, I am so overpowered that it is not even funny. The only issue is getting enough admin points to both core the provinces and advance tech.

Though admittedly France is pretty much the strongest starting nation.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So it seems like there is a natural limit to how big you can get? With too many territories, corruption goes up and with over 10% you risk a revolution. I created a couple client states, but that is limited to Europe only.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So it seems like there is a natural limit to how big you can get? With too many territories, corruption goes up and with over 10% you risk a revolution. I created a couple client states, but that is limited to Europe only.
Doesn't corruption increase only by uncored provinces? It's there to limit your rate of expansion, but not your absolute size. You can even spend money to reduce it faster, and lategame you should be swimming in cash.

So does anyone knows how to start mods with the nu retarded launcher?
Just scroll down on the mod list and activate the mods you want? I'm not sure what's tripping you up.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So what’s the consensus on Emperor then? Worth buying now, or should I wait three years and buy it for pennies?
Why the fuck would you buy any of Paradox's DLC? You know you can easily set it up so you can play with them if you've just bought the base game, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom