Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rising video game prices in Poland

Gerrard

Arcane
So they cut car customization

I’m almost certain this is something you’ll get as a DLC; probably even for free (as per how they did with Twitcher3) so they can gloat about how good they are to their customers.
Yeah, and nobody will even mention that in Poland the game is 50% more expensive than W3 was at launch, because CDPR are the "good guys".

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

I’m almost certain this is something you’ll get as a DLC; probably even for free (as per how they did with Twitcher3) so they can gloat about how good they are to their customers.
Yeah, and nobody will even mention that in Poland the game is 50% more expensive than W3 was at launch, because CDPR are the "good guys".
Is it more expensive than other AAA games as well? It's been a while since Witcher 3, so maybe some of the price increase can be attributed to inflation.

Gerrard

Arcane

Is it more expensive than other AAA games as well? It's been a while since Witcher 3, so maybe some of the price increase can be attributed to inflation.
It's not, but neither was W3. The default price of a typical foreign AAA game didn't change since 2015 much, if at all, since the default $60 price didn't change either.

norolim

Arcane

It's not inflation. Publishers just decided people in Poland are now as rich as Zee Germans. Prices of games have increased significantly, since 2015. Witcher 3 could be preordered for 139,99 PLN. Cyberpunk is 199.00 on GOG, right now, and it's still cheaper than most foreign AAA games at release (250 PLN).

Calm

Novice
It’s not inflation. Publishers just decided people in Poland are now as rich as Zee Germans. Prices of games have increased significantly, since 2015. Witcher 3 could be preordered for 139,99 PLN. Cyberpunk is 199.00 on GOG, right now, and it's still cheaper than most foreign AAA games at release (250 PLN).

That seems still relatively cheap, since ~250 PLN is in line with what people in other countries are paying.

In my case I could buy it on steam for $99.99 or on GOG in AUD for ~$96.00 or in USD for ~$91.00, even though the conversion into AUD is much more favourable than USD.

Seems weird, but no surprise since Oceania has gotten reamed for a long time.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not inflation. Publishers just decided people in Poland are now as rich as Zee Germans. Prices of games have increased significantly, since 2015. Witcher 3 could be preordered for 139,99 PLN. Cyberpunk is 199.00 on GOG, right now, and it's still cheaper than most foreign AAA games at release (250 PLN).
199 PLN is still 45 EUR. Poorer countries than Poland have the game priced at 60 EUR.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
199 PLN is still 45 EUR. Poorer countries than Poland have the game priced at 60 EUR.

Just because other people have it worse, doesn't mean you have it good. "Kids in Africa" is not an argument.

Quit bitching. You are getting it cheaper than the standard price.

Poorer countries having it priced at the standard price is mentioned just as a curious fact.

AwesomeButton

Patron
No one is obliged to give a shit about the average salary anywhere.

Also, 200 PLN is what - eating at a good restaurant 3 times?

Readher

Savant
No one is obliged to give a shit about the average salary anywhere.

Also, 200 PLN is what - eating at a good restaurant 3 times?

Make that 10.

Why the fuck are the retarded Poles whining again?

I live in a much bigger dump and have to pay 60 EUR for new AAA releases.

And you're proud that you're taking it in the ass like good goyim instead of complaining?

AwesomeButton

Patron

It's the retarded zoomers. "I'm getting a price increase" - "You are still getting it discounted" - "Yeah but I should be getting a bigger discount" - "Why do you think you should?" - "Because I'm special"

And you're proud that you're taking it in the ass like good goyim instead of complaining?
Whining is the legitimate way of "fighting for your rights" to cheap stuff. Welcome to the 2020s folks.

Curratum

I'm proud enough of having a big enough brain to realize I live in a tiny, irrelevant market and no matter how much I complain, nobody would care.

Readher

Savant

It's the retarded zoomers. "I'm getting a price increase" - "You are still getting it discounted" - "Yeah but I should be getting a bigger discount" - "Why do you think you should?" - "Because I'm special"

Whining is the legitimate way of "fighting for your rights" to cheap stuff. Welcome to the 2020s folks.

If Russians can get games as cheap as 25% of what the USD price is, then I see no reason why other countries can't get lower prices appropriate to their lower income. It's just retarded publishers treating EU like a single country.

I'm proud enough of having a big enough brain to realize I live in a tiny, irrelevant market and no matter how much I complain, nobody would care.

Nice inferiority complex. No one will respect you if you don't respect yourself. The same goes for your country.

norolim

Arcane
Yeah, CDPR is giving us preferential pricing on their games, which is nice. As I said, most other AAA titles are 250 PLN (~$60) at release. My point was about this having nothing to do with inflation.

Who's whining, bitch? Almost everyone pays the same for games nowadays in Europe. Russians don't (if you consider them Europeans) and perhaps some of the Baltic States, Lithuania, Latvia... not sure.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Russians are governmentally challenged, Polonia is a prospering country by all accounts. Take advantage of this!
Why don't you do right like some other men do?

Curratum

Nice inferiority complex. No one will respect you if you don't respect yourself. The same goes for your country.

I understand why everyone I know who has met Poles irl hates them. You're seem to all be hilariously full of hot air, high and mighty with no real grounds for it and generally full of yourself, especially considering you come from a nation of potato farmers who have contributed nothing significant to the world.

Readher

Savant
Who's whining, bitch? Almost everyone pays the same for games nowadays in Europe. Russians don't (if you consider them Europeans) and perhaps some of the Baltic States, Lithuania, Latvia... not sure.

Baltic States all use Euro so they don't have any regional pricing. As far as the EU goes, Poland, Norway and the UK (not anymore I guess) are the only ones with prices that are a bit cheaper than EUR prices (usually around 5%).

I understand why everyone I know who has met Poles irl hates them. You're seem to all be hilariously full of hot air, high and mighty with no real grounds for it and generally full of yourself, especially considering you come from a nation of potato farmers who have contributed nothing significant to the world.

I don't need your opinion on my country, cuck. Keep drowning in your self-pity. I'd like to remind you that you're literally on a sub-forum dedicated to a Polish developer, in a thread about Polish-developed game and there's an ad for Polish publisher's store at the top of this very site.

Curratum

I don't need your opinion on my country, cuck. Keep drowning in your self-pity. I'd like to remind you that you're literally on a sub-forum dedicated to a Polish developer, in a thread about Polish-developed game and there's an ad for Polish publisher's store at the top of this very site.

There are ads on this site? I guess you're the cuck, buddyroo! :D

Readher

Savant
If Russians can get games as cheap as 25%
If you want to have games as cheap as Russians have, you should live in similarly shitty conditions with similarly laughable salaries.

Not to say that selling games at full price in Russia is pointless. People will pirate them instead.

Google says average salary in Russia is 43k Rubles gross, so ~37.5k Rubles net. That's ~2100 PLN. I'm on minimum wage right now and get 1920 PLN net. I don't see the disparity being big enough to warrant going from games being 25% of the USD price to 5% below the EUR price, which is already higher than the USD price.

norolim

Arcane
OK, Albanian.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Entertainment products in general are a luxury - something you could do without. In that sense, to be getting discounts on an entertainment product doesn't sound like a goal to be striving for.

Maybe it's just me being a one-percenter who doesn't get it ;)

I'm all for looking for the best deal, just not through a discount on the basis of "my government sucks, my country is poor, it's the communists fault, etc." Look for discounts, look for cheap second-hand steam keys or whatever. If you can find a better deal, by all means take it. But you really aren't so bad to deserve a country-wide discount on an entertainment product.

The reality is that from CDPR's perspective, they are most probably acting rational - they make projections on revenue in various markets and if they see they would be losing sales if they offer a 250 PLN price in Poland relative to what they would make at a 200 PLN price, they will go with whatever brings in the more revenue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom