Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rising video game prices in Poland

Readher

Savant
I don't need your opinion on my country, cuck. Keep drowning in your self-pity. I'd like to remind you that you're literally on a sub-forum dedicated to a Polish developer, in a thread about Polish-developed game and there's an ad for Polish publisher's store at the top of this very site.

There are ads on this site? I guess you're the cuck, buddyroo! :D

They're unintrusive so I disable my ad blocker to support a place I like, faggot. It doesn't cost me anything to do so and my experience is not dimnished in any way.

Wunderbar

Arcane
If Russians can get games as cheap as 25% of what the USD price is, then I see no reason why other countries can't get lower prices appropriate to their lower income. It's just retarded publishers treating EU like a single country.
1syKE4b.png

also this 43K rub seems like an inflated number.

Readher

Savant
Entertainment products in general are a luxury - something you could do without. In that sense, to be getting discounts on an entertainment product doesn't sound like a goal to be striving for.

Maybe it's just me being a one-percenter who doesn't get it ;)

I'm all for looking for the best deal, just not through a discount on the basis of "my government sucks, my country is poor, it's the communists fault, etc." Look for discounts, look for cheap second-hand steam keys or whatever. If you can find a better deal, by all means take it. But you really aren't so bad to deserve a country-wide discount on an entertainment product.

The reality is that from CDPR's perspective, they are most probably acting rational - they make projections on the basis of markets and if they see they would be losing sales if they offer a 250 PLN price in Poland relative to what they would make at a 200 PLN price, they will go with whatever brings in the more revenue.

If games were $60 + tax if applicable in every country in the word, then I wouldn't complain. Fair is fair. But if countries like Russia, Brazil, Mexico, etc. can get lower prices (often much, much lower), then there's no reason why other countries that earn less than Western/South-East Asian ones can't get them either beyond publisher laziness.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If games were $60 + tax if applicable in every country in the word, then I wouldn't complain. Fair is fair. But if countries like Russia, Brazil, Mexico, etc. can get lower prices (often much, much lower), then there's no reason why other countries that earn less than Western/South-East Asian ones can't get them either beyond publisher laziness.
To me this sounds like you want to live in the first world but have third world prices.

Readher

Savant
If Russians can get games as cheap as 25% of what the USD price is, then I see no reason why other countries can't get lower prices appropriate to their lower income. It's just retarded publishers treating EU like a single country.
1syKE4b.png

also this 43K rub seems like an inflated number.

I never met a single person earning more than ~5000 PLN gross in Poland, but ok. Keep in mind, 5000 PLN gross will give you 3600 PLN net ($900 USD). Those statistics are complete bollocks, vast majority of people earn between 3000 and 3500 PLN gross in the cities and 2600-3000 PLN gross in the countryside.

To me this sounds like you want to live in the first world but have third world prices.

No? Either games can have regional pricing or not. If they can, then I want to be suspect to that pricing as well since I earn much less than people in the West do. If they can't, then I want regional pricing for Russia and other countries that get it removed. Simple as that.

Codex Year of the Donut
It's called a VPN

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Why the fuck are the retarded Poles whining again?

I live in a much bigger dump and have to pay 60 EUR for new AAA releases.

And you're proud that you're taking it in the ass like good goyim instead of complaining?

Conplaiming for what?
Videogames are a luxury, not essential items.
If you don't like that price then just buy a key from a russian reseller.

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
It's called a VPN
Why the fuck are the retarded Poles whining again?

I live in a much bigger dump and have to pay 60 EUR for new AAA releases.

And you're proud that you're taking it in the ass like good goyim instead of complaining?

Conplaiming for what?
Videogames are a luxury, not essential items.
If you don't like that price then just buy a key from a russian resseler.

You stuck in 2010 or what? Using VPN on the likes of Steam to activate region-locked keys or buy games from different country's store is the easiest way to get your account deleted. Completely against the TOS.

And it seems like they're only luxury items for select countries, since how hard it hits your pocket depends heavily depending on where you live. I doubt you'd hear anyone in the US calling games "luxury" items. It's as basic as it gets.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No? Either games can have regional pricing or not. If they can, then I want to be suspect to that pricing as well since I earn much less than people in the West do. If they can't, then I want regional pricing for Russia and other countries that get it removed. Simple as that.
But, you are "in the West". Just in the cheaper neighborhood.

Codex Year of the Donut
regional pricing has absolutely nothing to do with the income of individuals, it's about how rampant piracy is
are we really going to pretend that russians actually pay for digital products?

norolim

Arcane
Readher, take it easy, mate. If we vote right, by the time CDPR release their next AAA game (after CP2077), average wages in Poland will be higher than in France. Mark my words.

Btw, Infinitron splits this into "Whiny Polacks beg for free games" in 3, 2, 1...

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
2600 PLN gross in the countryside.

That's like what around 580 euro?
The vast majority of our population earns that figure.

You stuck in 2010 or what? Using VPN on the likes of Steam to activate region-locked keys or buy games from different country's store is the easiest way to get your account deleted. Completely against the TOS.

You're the one that's stuck on 2010 buddy.
What is this pussy shit, "Nooo, Steam will ban me".
And here I thought polacks were supposed to be an hardy, no nonsense people...

Most of my games are from resellers (specially russians) and I haven't got even a single VAC ban. Fuck, I bought Tekken 7 for 9 euros four months ago, and that makes it my 8th russian key.

You're actually reminding me of a friend of mine back when we were both kids.
He would want a game very much, so I would tell him I could download it or sometimes I had it in my hard drive, but he would be like: "Noooo! Pirated games are illegal and have viruses." :lol:

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Average salary, PPP

All the yellow-colored EU countries are paying 60 EUR, as far as I'm aware at least. Poland seems well-off by comparison.
sICMQBI.png

Readher

Savant
Readher, take it easy, mate. If we vote right, by the time CDPR release their next AAA game (after CP2077), average wages in Poland will be higher than in France. Mark my words.

Btw, Infinitron splits this into "Whiny Polacks beg for free games" in 3, 2, 1...

At this rate I'll probably die before CDPR releases their next game. They should merge with Atlus and Square Enix to make the ultimate game that takes whole generation (as in human generation) to develop.

compvet24

Educated
This is all implying that Eastern Europeans won't just pirate the game no matter any discounts :smug:

AwesomeButton

Patron
In Moscow, yes. Outside of Moscow it's more like 20-25 grands. That's how much - 1100-1400 złotych? Sorry kids, we're not eating this week, but we gonna play some awesome CP77 instead!
Sounds plausible.

I remember some kind of dumb joke about the Russian slapping his wife "We're out of vodka, and she's off to the shop buying bread!"

norolim

Arcane
cdpr came to be due to releasing good games for pirated games price tag - at times when you were getting pirated copies from physical sellers.
If not for flooding market with affordable fallouts, gothics, arcanums, and so on - there would be no witcher, no cyberpunk(yet to be seen if we get it) and most of all, no potato infested rpgcodex as we know it.

In parallel universe without cdpr, Darth Roxor is playing sims
I know you're trolling, but I'll bite. Before CDP, everyone in Poland was playing this:

YaEtzch.gif

bHpm5qOfNm-Pr8mtTfN2vY0CYBf9qCbQSJJWL3DOdJ3A7ek9NZjzHTESyabNwfpuN95a9Uz87K3_Z3GrjZEab2no3DZhio5NYLzk_siZjoxQQW3yb86rhe418pMrrCcDfgo

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom