Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Minsc, who is the best melee fighter
Shar-Teel can be dualled to Thief at lvl 7, so Minsc's advantages pale in comparison.
Also minsc can’t use one quick slot.
Why would you ever want something else than Boo in your quick slot?
i would fill all my companions' quick slots with Boos as if they were tribbles if I could!

Cael

Arcane
savescumming is a plague. CRPGs should only be iron man mode

And 2 pages earlier:
It's a single player game, who gives a fuck if he cheats?

Consistency? What's that? :lol:
Cuckmaker lovers are basically dramaqueens who hate it when people play the game in any way other than what they dictate is the "correct" method of playing. Hence, their love of numbers bloat while claiming that 3.5 ruined DnD because of numbers bloat.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
And 2 pages earlier:

Consistency? What's that? :lol:

Oh but i am consistent my dear sperg. It is you who doesn't understand. I am not against savescumming that OTHERS do. I am against savescumming that I personally am forced to do. I don't consider savescumming to be cheating, i consider it to be tedious. I couldn't give a single flying fuck that others are savescumming, the only reason it bothers me is when developers design videogames that are meant to be savescummed. Because that ruins my personal fun.

See? 2 different things, i am not inconsistent at all. You can cheat all you want in your single player vidya game, as long as cheating is optional so i have the choice not to do it. Making games ultra-retarded hard and annoying without meta knowledge and savescumming, is retarded.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
As I've said - whatever floats your boat.
There's always an easy mode for you to not feel too bad about yourself to not waste your time.

PS: Don't play Desperados 3.

Ulysa

Scholar
Minsc, who is the best melee fighter
Shar-Teel can be dualled to Thief at lvl 7, so Minsc's advantages pale in comparison.
Also minsc can’t use one quick slot.
Why would you ever want something else than Boo in your quick slot?
i would fill all my companions' quick slots with Boos as if they were tribbles if I could!
Being able to stop clicking Boo once you started is the real final boss fight.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And I swear, 3 is a cursed number in gaming.
3 is the number of decline.

Diablo 3, Dark souls 3, Sacred 3, Fallout 3(...) Now i understand why Valve will never launch HL3.

Just kidding. I really wish that Baldur's Gate 3 was named something else like Baldur's Gate Infinity since it has no relation to Bhaalspawn saga

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, after 134,000 XP and just in time for Durlag's Tower.
You can dual her earlier, or just go alone with her to collect experience for faster leveling. Thieves have a very low experience requirement, so she'll get her fighter abilities pretty fast. My point is that I'd vote her the best fighter due to that alone, Minsc is one dimensional. In the EE, it's Dorn who is the best but that's different.

Drakortha

Liturgist
So are they going to put the effort in and include a day/night cycle or are they going to half ass it for the 3rd time?

Sorry but isn't possible. Day/Night cycle is too complex for Larian.

Then I have nothing but contempt for this developer and anything they produce from here on out. They can take their flammable puddles and gas clouds and go fuck themselves.

hell bovine

Arcane
Nearly all Baldur's Gate companions were far from optimized, I’m not sure what the fury is about. They were obviously attempting to make plausible characters, not murder munchkins.
Most evil companions in BG1 were ridiculously good, the cherry on top was Edwin who was a better mage than the PC. From the good companions, Coran had an illegal dex score of 20.

Thats pretty cool actually, since the good ones were extremely weak. Viconia is stronger than most good companions in BG 1+2 even with her shitty CON. Only real good powerhouse is Aerie with her potent mage/cleric multiclass.
Viconia is overrated. In the unmodded game magic resistance isn't worth much, because mage ai is so very bad. And with SCS, she just doesn't have enough staying power against the improved targetting.
In BG1, Quayle is the one with the biggest potential of all clerics (because wands & arcane buffs), in BG2 it's a contest between Aerie and Jaheira.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It depends on what you are using Viconia for. If it's for healing, Faldorn is actually the best for that because she gets 5th lvl spells and Call Woodland Beings. Insect Plague and Iron Skins are nothing to sneeze at either.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I bet you don't save scum because Skyrim saves for you.

Skyrim is not a game where you need to savescum. There are no unfair situations unless you go looking for them, like going to hit a giant when you are lvl 5 or something. Bethesda handled level scaling really well with Skyrim. You can go almost anywhere you please and typically stand a fighting chance except a few places. So you just enjoy exploring and you don't go in a marathon of trial and error, venturing into new maps and getting your ass kicked to figure out in which strict order the developers meant the game to be explored.

The mere fact that so-called prestigious monocled codexers don't understand good RPG design is a testament to their stupidity, really. Of all the things you could criticize Skyrim for, this is not it.

User0001

Savant
I bet you don't save scum because Skyrim saves for you.

Skyrim is not a game where you need to savescum. There are no unfair situations unless you go looking for them, like going to hit a giant when you are lvl 5 or something. Bethesda handled level scaling really well with Skyrim. You can go almost anywhere you please and typically stand a fighting chance except a few places. So you just enjoy exploring and you don't go in a marathon of trial and error, venturing into new maps and getting your ass kicked to figure out in which strict order the developers meant the game to be explored.

The mere fact that so-called prestigious monocled codexers don't understand good RPG design is a testament to their stupidity, really. Of all the things you could criticize Skyrim for, this is not it.

WTF! If there is no threat of death, then this statement
CRPGs should only be iron man mode,

has no legitimacy ... I thought you were cool for a second :mad:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Bethesda handled level scaling really well with Skyrim.

Level scaling on skyrim is just less atrocious than on Oblivion where on higher levels, common bandits sleeping on the poorest places of the empire has glass and daedric armor and can soak 50+ hits from a fully maximized warrior with a daedric ace.

And level scaling is not a part of a "good rpg design", it removes all tension on low level and all sense of progression on high level.

And thanks to this retarded level scaling, you see some people complaining "i saw a lot of corpses, blood, and decided to not enter a dangerous cave but also fight a feared wryvn at lv 2 on kingmaker and got my ass kicked, the game is bad. I demand to only encounter enemies from my level and press A for awesome". M&M VII was my first RPG and there are a quest on Emerald Island to get a item from a dragon cave. The idea of fighting that dragon as a low level never even passed to my mind. I saw him, picked the item and run. Even a children can understand that you should't fight everything with hit points.

I never had any marathon of trial and error in any Infinity Engine game, except when i decided to solo then on hardest difficulty.

Keep in mind that BG3 will be 5e and lv cap = 10. The difference between lv 1 to 10 on 5e is extremely smaller than on 2e.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Apparently seeing a giant, intimidating creature you have never seen before in a secluded nook in the forest, poking it with your limp dick, and then getting killed for your stupidity in Gothic would be "unfair".

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It depends on what you are using Viconia for. If it's for healing, Faldorn is actually the best for that because she gets 5th lvl spells and Call Woodland Beings. Insect Plague and Iron Skins are nothing to sneeze at either.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Using healing in a BG game lol nigga chill. There is like 5 battles in the games that last long enough for you to need healing. Healing is useless for most of the game,it waste time that your cleric could use for doing damage. Also most healing spells are garbage,even a generic health potion is better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom