Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Dexter

Arcane

I've been playing through the Street Fighter V campaign and story missions lately, and I can't say I minded much since most characters still look like women:
zgaUB3O.jpg
K2jo7Xw.jpg
Z0CtoJs.jpg
X3rK28t.jpg
PBuiuzv.jpg
oEfPvpJ.jpg
g0d1MEo.jpg
Y478wJL.jpg
Bx8JR9j.jpg
nbwxO6U.jpg
O5TabN4.jpg

Although those hands, those hands kind of freaked me out, what's up with that?
1rwWZz0.jpg
b6rHALT.jpg

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
this shit is selling like hot cakes ...

The thing is just because you want something to be a certain way, doesn't mean it is a certain way. You posting a pic of a bunch of unsold TLOU 2 boxes does not warp the reality that it is the highest selling debut on PS4 ever. So this 'Get Woke Go Broke' meme that people like to harp on about is basically horseshit.

These Woke AF corporations are raking in money from soy infused manlets, normies, and all other associated faggotry out there. I use to think people would push back against this fire hose of propaganda but it is clear that your average consoomer is a total fucking retard either oblivious to it all, too lazy to care, or in full support. I.E. Enjoy your pozzed clown world cuz it ain't going anywhere.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Sony doesn't care if sales dropped. Most AAA titles try to front load their sales... It's probably already the best selling first party sony game ever on the PS4.

What this does for the future of the ip is another thing. After lost legacy, retiring Drake, and how this PR dumpster fire, naughty dog is better off just working on a new ip, preferably something non controversial

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
this shit is selling like hot cakes ...

The thing is just because you want something to be a certain way, doesn't mean it is a certain way. You posting a pic of a bunch of unsold TLOU 2 boxes does not warp the reality that it is the highest selling debut on PS4 ever. So this 'Get Woke Go Broke' meme that people like to harp on about is basically horseshit.

These Woke AF corporations are raking in money from soy infused manlets, normies, and all other associated faggotry out there. I use to think people would push back against this fire hose of propaganda but it is clear that your average consoomer is a total fucking retard either oblivious to it all, too lazy to care, or in full support. I.E. Enjoy your pozzed clown world cuz it ain't going anywhere.

TLou2 sold well based on Tlou1's reputation ... which lasted one week or so until people realized the truth about the game.

The sales are fucked, the franchise's future is obliterated, Naughty Dog's reputation is tarnished and Sony made enemies from most streamers and youtubers alike.

One week after release you can buy the game on ebay for 30$.

I don't deny the fact that Sony will probably double down with their pozzed retardation but even they cannot continue with this shit forever.

Also they will probably lose money with this game: you have no idea how expensive are 7 years of AAA development.

In other words "Get Woke Go Broke" is almost a perfect match for what happened with Tlou2.

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
You posting a pic of a bunch of unsold TLOU 2 boxes does not warp the reality that it is the highest selling debut on PS4 ever.

Oh sure, just like all those "best selling ever" that about 6 months down the line end up on a report saying they underperformed.
We all knew it wouldnt sell at release, its a sequel to one of the best selling PS3/PS4 titles but that was at release, now we are looking at week 2 numbers and that tell the story of the game reception after being stripped from hype and the mental gymnastics to make it a "success" are entirely obvious, some even gone to change the chart to be about revenue because its at full price without much competition but fallen to DS releases on the sale chart, all so its a "success" ... oh and those "highest selling debut"? See that picture? those are counted as "sold" because shipped to retailers are units sold to retailers, not customers ... I mean I can have the highest grossing movie ever as long I pay for all the theaters booking and all the tickets, such a success ...

Lambach

Arcane
You posting a pic of a bunch of unsold TLOU 2 boxes does not warp the reality that it is the highest selling debut on PS4 ever.

It's too early to tell for TLoU 2, but IIRC Sony was also bragging about Death Stranding breaking some oddly specific records shortly after release and they're only now sorta-kinda tacitly admitting it was a flop. Not an outright trainwreck, but significantly below expectations.

I remember Square Enix stating that Tomb Raider (2013) underperformed upon initial release, but a year or so later they stated that continued sales ended up making it very profitable. There's definitely some truth to the notion that opening sales contribute massively to the overall sales figures due to marketing-driven hype or the traditional practice of simply wanting to CONSUME new content as soon as it's available, but it's my understanding that Tomb Raider isn't some sort of crazy outlier. Opening week full-price sales might cover costs of development, but if you want something to be profitable? People need to be willing to purchase it later too, something demonstrated by Skyrim or GTA5 and their many profitable re-releases let alone the simple promise of sales over time. TLOU2 coming out right before the PS5 is likely seen as a great opportunity internally at Sony to double-dip with a quick and cheap re-release, but I can't imagine it's going to make them the return on investment they were expecting.

TL;DR get woke make shitty game, go broke

Olinser

Savant
Sony doesn't care if sales dropped. Most AAA titles try to front load their sales... It's probably already the best selling first party sony game ever on the PS4.

What this does for the future of the ip is another thing. After lost legacy, retiring Drake, and how this PR dumpster fire, naughty dog is better off just working on a new ip, preferably something non controversial

LUL, already best selling? You are legitimately disconnected from reality, it's not even close. It sold 4 million its first week, and dropped 80% week 2. The best selling PS4 titles are all significantly over 10 million.

Uncharted 4 has sold 16 million. This trashfire is going to get nowhere NEAR that.

Deleted member 7219

LUL, already best selling? You are legitimately disconnected from reality, it's not even close. It sold 4 million its first week, and dropped 80% week 2. The best selling PS4 titles are all significantly over 10 million.

Uncharted 4 has sold 16 million. This trashfire is going to get nowhere NEAR that.

I hope you're right - that would say something, at least. Maybe tell publishers not to go woke with established franchises? But nah, I don't think Druckmann is going anywhere and I don't think TLOU2 will be seen as a failure.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Maybe tell publishers not to go woke with established franchises?

That won't work because they know no one will want to buy their propaganda without the hype of previous good games in a franchise to get the sales.

mastroego

Arcane
If the goal is the agenda, fewer units sold can be accepted, hell even accounted for beforehand.
See, even if it goes down this way, a few millions copies WILL still have been sold, buyers will at least play it once because they poured money into it, and at least a few of the minds that'll have been reached will be corrupted for good.

Onto the next successful franchise, with even more outraging jumps of wokeness for the coming title.

Terenty

Liturgist
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but Uncharted 4 saw almost the same drop in sales, like 78% or smth and look how it sold eventually. Too early to celebrate

Kem0sabe

Arcane

It sold 4 million in 3 days... Only monster hunter, rdr2 and GTA have performed better in that time-frame, and those were all multiplatform. Not counting Nintendo games, especially that farming thing that moves ridiculous numbers.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but Uncharted 4 saw almost the same drop in sales, like 78% or smth and look how it sold eventually. Too early to celebrate
Normalfags will learn eventually. They are just slow.

Olinser

Savant
So after 89 pages of commentary, is it good?

Pretty tempted to give it a go, never played the first though.

The gameplay is decent but repetitive. Graphics are fantastic. The story is a trashfire.

If you haven't play the first, get that instead. Even sequel defenders acknowledge that the first is the superior game.

DeepOcean

Arcane

It sold 4 million in 3 days... Only monster hunter, rdr2 and GTA have performed better in that time-frame, and those were all multiplatform. Not counting Nintendo games, especially that farming thing that moves ridiculous numbers.
First week sales only mean something depending of the size of drop off on the second week. If your game sells 4 million copies on the first week but drop off 80% on the second week, you will take a long time to beat the 10 million minimum. EA, for example, only considers 8 million copies plus as successful games and that is their barely minimum, Sony must be the same as I doubt their costs are much lower. While a drop off is normal, the size of it matters and by what I heard, from the few places where there is info on that, the drop off was massive, the biggest drop off of a Sony title. However, the deciding factor will be the US, if the drop off is massive on the US, the game was a flop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom