Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

The one that sounds like it may have been a Silent Hill game? May have been. But if he was actually going to do a movie, it could have been that given everything going on now.

nil

Cipher
Htaed Gnidnarts 2. It's gonna be just like Death Stranding but with all words written backwards.

Kojima surprises his fans with his genius again!
"The "mirror" is a tool for beauty but also discovery. When you look at them, you see your whole but different. This is my goal for Htaed Gnidnarts 2! To look at the concept of "game", but different. Please look forward to it!"

"Htaed Gnidnarts 2 will be the first game in the new genre I created "Mirror stealth". In a stealth game you avoid being seen, but in a Mirror stealth game, instead of being "seen" you "show", but the enemy "knows" instead of "sees", so you "avoid". Naturally it will still be a stranding game too."

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyone with comfortable access to evidence about this game underperforming? I need it for scientific purposes.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm playing this right now, just burned mom. Anything I should know before going in? Do I have to do all the inevitable side quests for some true ending or anything like that?

Anything you wish you had known before you started?

Terenty

Liturgist
I'm playing this right now, just burned mom. Anything I should know before going in? Do I have to do all the inevitable side quests for some true ending or anything like that?

The most important thing is to go in options and turn off Ordarek locator animations and other misc animations that play out during your visits to destribution centers. They become very annoying in the long run.

Another thing, a lot of people have problems with the first two chapters saying its very boring etc(although i thought it was a good tutorial), so you need to play at least till chapter 3 where the game truly opens up to know whether you like it or not.

You dont need to do side quest in order to progress afaik.

Venser

Erudite

Not really. I just recommend using the auto arrange option in the inventory as it will optimally arrange your cargo so you'll have better balance and stumble less.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
With the PC version imminent I finally watched 30 minutes or so of unedited game footage... wow, doesn't look like it's for me at all. Great looking world though, in that haunting and desolate way.

Will save my jew dollars for Horizon.

Jinn

Arcane
Seems like a really interesting game to me. It's clearly not just a walking simulator, like it was labelled as and lambasted for on its initial release. Just like any other good game, there are mechanics that need to be understood and mastered in order to play well/finish the game.

Wacky Kojimbo storyline and Yoji Shinkawa art direction seem to be just the icing on the cake of what appears to be an interesting new form of gameplay.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Seems like a really interesting game to me. It's clearly not just a walking simulator, like it was labelled as and lambasted for on its initial release. Just like any other good game, there are mechanics that need to be understood and mastered in order to play well/finish the game.

Wacky Kojimbo storyline and Yoji Shinkawa art direction seem to be just the icing on the cake of what appears to be an interesting new form of gameplay.
It looks similar to Metal Gear Survive in a lot of ways. I think both games were based on the same Kojima's blueprint when he still was working at Konami.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom