Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Iron Danger - tactical combat RPG with simultaneous turns and time manipulation

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Another negative thing about the game is the lack of save,it is checkpoint based and i kind off feel that checkpoints are at the level's start/end. That could be pretty shit because levels could run for around half an hour,some times a whole one. That is not a problem in the sense of dying,since you can't really die because of the time mechanic,but it is shit if you have to do something else and have to leave the pc.

I am curious,am i the only codexer that plays this game???

Harthwain

Magister
I am watching it on YouTube to see how much the game opens up (ability-wise) after the tutorial. Given it's 15 hours long, I'd expect more options given to the player for better replayability.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Another negative thing about the game is the lack of save,it is checkpoint based and i kind off feel that checkpoints are at the level's start/end. That could be pretty shit because levels could run for around half an hour,some times a whole one. That is not a problem in the sense of dying,since you can't really die because of the time mechanic,but it is shit if you have to do something else and have to leave the pc.

I am curious,am i the only codexer that plays this game???
I really want to give it a try, but I'm already set on what I'm going to play for at least a couple of months. Also, 25€ seems a bit much to me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am watching it on YouTube to see how much the game opens up (ability-wise) after the tutorial. Given it's 15 hours long, I'd expect more options given to the player for better replayability.
Yeah,you could even say that it is too much. Also i have no idea how you get upgrade points,it seems like they are given to you at certain points. So the main character could end up with 18 magic abilities and 3 combat ones,yet i got very few upgrade points for her,also most of her abilities are useless after the fire one.

Salvo

Arcane
I don't really think the RPG tag suits this game, it's more of an action adventure or a puzzle game like fantadomat said above. So far I'm having fun, but I see it becoming tedious really quickly, since there's only so much you can do...

The time rewind mechanic is fun and well implemented though, that's a big plus.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't really think the RPG tag suits this game, it's more of an action adventure or a puzzle game like fantadomat said above. So far I'm having fun, but I see it becoming tedious really quickly, since there's only so much you can do...

The time rewind mechanic is fun and well implemented though, that's a big plus.
Combat is great,especially when you fight 10ish enemies,you could do all kind of combos and everything becomes a glorious mess :). The game is good for....say two hour sessions,otherwise it becomes repetitive. In those short sessions,the game is a blast tho. As for the rpg part...yeah,it does have some rpg elements but generally lack the feel of an RPG. But in the end i don't really care in which subforum is,it is fine in rpg part,it could do with some attention,as it is a good game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some reviews: http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/123568-iron-danger-released-reviews.html

WCCFTech 6/10:

Iron Danger is a compelling real-time tactics game that's held together by its core feature and a few interesting characters. Sadly, the story is bland other than a few interesting characters and while the core gameplay elements result in a strong tactical game, the controls frequently frustrate and impede the fun you can have.

ScreenRant 3.5/5:

When things come together, though, Iron Danger is a gem. Your control of the flow of events in a battlefield is unprecedented, and when your characters' timelines sync up just right for you to pull off a powerful combo it's a great feeling. Iron Danger is not a perfect game, far from it. The camera sucks and the encounters are hit or miss. But when they hit, they hit hard, and the power trip of feeling like a time-bending mastermind is a hard one to deny. If that's the sort of thing that appeals to you, Iron Danger isn't hard to recommend.

PC Invasion 9/10:

Iron Danger is a fun game that takes us to fantasy Finland and lets us play with time. This is a surprisingly good combination before you take interactive environments and the vibrant art style into account. If you want to play a fantasy RPG that’s lighter on the RP and heavier on G(ameplay), try this one out.

RPG Site 6/10:

Iron Danger is a unique tactical game unlike most others out there. Clocking in at around 12 hours long, it doesn't overstay its welcome. It's an interesting take on a tactical style, but I don't think it will leave a lasting impression on me.

GodisaGeek 6.5/10:

Iron Danger as an experience relies so heavily on the time-travel combat mechanic that it doesn’t really present you with much besides that. Everything else is a little bit bare bones.

Gaming Trend 75/100:

Iron Danger is an interesting story of a young woman who obtains magical powers from a shard impaling her. The tactical combat and ARPG mechanics make for clever gameplay and a lack of grinding, although some fights are frustrating. The story itself is good, but the ending drags it down a lot by leaving you unsatisfied and wanting more.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/899310/view/2209522021985347464

First major patch now available. Also: Free Demo out now!

Hi all!

It’s nearly a month since Iron Danger came out and we are happy to provide you with the first patch for the game, including lots of fixes and extra polish. Thanks for helping us to spot some of the issues by reporting them. The exact content for the patch can be found at the end of this post.

Other really exciting news is that we have decided to have a free demo of the game available! If you are still unsure if Iron Danger is the game for you or you have just been saving your money to get a game bit later, you can grab the demo and give it a go. All your progress in the demo will be transferred to the full game as well.

And when you have decided that you really want to buy the game, now it is the perfect time to do it in a style!

Our Supporter Bundle is in -34% sale, which means that you’ll get it for less than the normal price for only the game. The Supporter Bundle includes some really cool things, such as the Iron Danger graphic novel and highly praised game soundtrack.

So no need to keep on waiting, just jump in and get your bundle at https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13860/Iron_Danger_Supporter_Bundle/

--------

Iron Danger - patch update v1.01.08 release notes

Common changes, apply to all the places where such an element is in use
BUGFIX: Fixed angle of water decal. Caused some minor visual glitches.
BUGFIX: Removed dissolve shader from temple stair material so that see through effect BUGFIX: does not break stairs
BUGFIX: Improvement on pier object material to not get drilled holes by obstructed camera view
BUGFIX: Automaton movement was jerky when he tried to watch characters and walk at the same time
BUGFIX: AI - You could get different rewind results by casting fireball to an unaware enemy and rewinding backwards and not casting the fireball. Enemy still spotted you like you would have cast the fireball.
BUGFIX: Achievement trigger for getting shards was broken. Fixed so that you'll retroactively get achievements for all shards you have not received achievement when collecting one shard.
PERFORMANCE: Performance optimizations to character animations (CPU)
PERFORMANCE: Performance optimizations in player character pathfinding when there were element effects on screen. You could sometimes get bad performance spikes when hovering inside such areas.
PERFORMANCE: Performance optimizations in NPC pathfinding for distant NPCs
IMPROVEMENT: Adjusted path finding evaluations for element effects, allowing both characters and NPCs to try more often to find a way through hazardous elements if no other route is found.
IMPROVEMENT: Automaton no longer can use interactable props, like eat Roosterfish for healing
BUGFIX: Enemies could sometimes stay hidden inside ground even though they were actively fighting against the player characters.
BUGFIX: Topi's roundhouse kick upgrade was showing wrong duration for both basic kick and roundhouse kick in the upgrade screen
BUGFIX: Troll hunter achievement was not awarded if the player rewound the game just after killing a troll.
BUGFIX: Fixed small scaling issues with enemies in several levels. Earlier this was the source of some visual glitches in enemy indicators.
BUGFIX: Keyu Shaman had the wrong portrait artwork.
BUGFIX: Lead actress’ name had typo in it
BUGFIX: Action toolbar's item usage tooltips did not have "cancel" text translated to all languages
BUGFIX: Charge, Bull Rush and Dodge sometimes showed their targeting visuals in wrong place if there was no valid direction to use them
BUGFIX: Element tooltip background box was not always scaled correctly
IMPROVEMENT: Camera cone is bigger for dissolve effect (seeing better through trees, walls etc)
FEATURE: Added tutorial page to journal
IMPROVEMENT: Changed some examinable mundane items to not have examinable highlights and texts (such as baskets etc).
IMPROVEMENT: Changed roofs to hide in between camera and character
IMPROVEMENT: Some parts of credits texts reformatted
IMPROVEMENT: Changed block, wide block and block arrows to have constant duration in all difficulty levels.
IMPROVEMENT: Finishing blow and the Finisher skills:
Can now also be used against swamped and frozen enemies
Targeting improved so that if a character was prone, swamped or frozen when action started, they'd receive the damage even though they'd lose status effect before dealing the damage. Also, not allowed to target characters without such status effects anymore.
IMPROVEMENT: Minor tweak to reduce the amount of situations where the enemy is able to just get a bit out of reach when you are attacking.
IMPROVEMENT: Disabled interactable props no longer show prediction of their usage (such as some levers in Sunken Temple)

Level-specific changes. Warning, may contain mild spoilers!

Chapter 1
Part 4
BUGFIX: Sometimes bandit camp conversation happened only after combat. If we end up into combat before it, the conversation is now never shown.
IMPROVEMENT: Added some extra stealth grass around bandit camp to give additional variety if entering camp from different direction

Part 7
BUGFIX: Fireweed was missing from minimap
BUGFIX: Some small fences and railings blocked fireballs, arrows etc. Fixed to be able to shoot through them.
IMPROVEMENT: Fine tuning the first bandit discussion

Chapter 2
Part 5
BUGFIX: Enemy guard conversation was triggered multiple times when rewinding

Part 7
BUGFIX: Removed interaction from lock runes as you are not meant to interact with them in this level

Chapter 3
Part 3
BUGFIX: Missing Voice-overs in one conversation.
BUGFIX: It was possible to get stuck behind broken pillar

Part 4
BUGFIX: Automaton power plates could be activated multiple times and also receive same conversation all over again
BUGFIX: It was possible to get stuck behind broken pillar
PERFORMANCE: Performance improvements on level specific trigger handling
BUGFIX: Rewinding in specific spot could break the camera

Part 5
BUGFIX: Conversation was playing multiple times

[Part 7
BUGFIX: Rewinding Angksuw conversation could break the camera

Chapter 5
Part 3
[BUGFIX]Level start conversation only played after combat
[BUGFIX]Character shadows had a noisy visual glitch on them

Part 4
BUGFIX: In one room, the barrel blocked movement so that you could not enter through the door.

Part 7
BUGFIX: Rewinding in shard chamber could break the end of the level

Chapter 6
Part 3
BUGFIX: Player was able to walk through and inside big decoration pipes
BUGFIX: Automaton light was very strong, sometimes hindering playability

Part 4
BUGFIX: Player was able to walk through and inside big decoration pipes
BUGFIX: It was possible to sneak behind the last troll and enter the temple without entering into combat with it.

Part 6
BUGFIX: It was possible to walk on the water in one spot

Chapter 7
Part 4
IMPROVEMENT: Reduced light intensity from bear tank front light

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game has a pretty dope soundtrack.

Demo was decent, but not sure how long it will take for this combat system to get old, and the game does not have much besides that and some nice voice acting (and OST). Also, I read opinions that there is a dip in quality later on (?).

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Got it on sale, the game is kind of limited in scope, linear romp with very small amount of character customisation, but also pretty fun, however it crashes all the time for me, so probably I'll hit the refund button tomorrow, especially seeing as people with similar problems didn't get any answers from the devs(who asked them for logs earlier).

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Still alive and is currently up to something

We are working on something really-really (and we really mean really) cool and have opened a few positions to welcome new adventurers to join our party for the great journey.
Check out the open positions at actionsquadstudios.com/jobs
#gamedev #jobs #vfx #programming

275920515-3148293032166031-8247244434167744094-n.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom