Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is this, an interface for ants?

Lilliput McHammersmith

Guys, I had my doubts about the tokens but it actually isn't bad at all. I am loving this right now. It's a lot of fun so far. My Psychic Warrior Drake is freaking sweet.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Looks like the SJWs already arrived to shit on KotC2's monocled design decisions:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

tl;dr: someone who claims not to be a rabid progressive gets overly emotional about KotC2 giving different stat bonuses to male and female characters, and when I defend the game's decision he calls me a retarded troglodyte.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Now i will spend the entire weekend rolling muh chars.

BlueSalamander why not enable point buy, give us a choice?
That's why I keep checking in here. Roll 50 times or so trying to get my cleric to have 16+ charisma and 14+ strength, but it's just not happening, so I take a break for a minute. I don't know if it's a bug or what. Max strength for halflings is 16, so it should be possible.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Dammit. Finally rolled the stats I wanted and then I lost power for an instant while picking out spells, and my computer rebooted...

Mortmal

Arcane
Seems casting mage armor crash the game, both in and out of combat, blur crash it out of combat... Found quite a few masty bugs too,first time i launched the game 3 characters only were activating.Else the game is great as expected.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Looks like the SJWs already arrived to shit on KotC2's monocled design decisions:
Well, is it really necessary to determine max attributes based on race? If I want a halfling barbarian, I'm gimping myself by not making it a half-giant. I know halflings get more dex, but don't you see that's part of the problem? You know who has high dex? Rogues, or as some would call them: thieves. Do little people not suffer enough injustice? Dragons exist.

btw the game doesn't have a resolution setting that I can find, but instead it seems to use your desktop resolution, and the ui and text look a lot more readable if you run it at a lower resolution (1280x720 looks good to me).

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Hark, hark! Come and get:

AdolfSatan's
SMALL UI FIX

So, the issue with the game is that the menus have been designed on the very bizarre resolution of 1000x730, and while the game scales to your native res, the ui does not. Best possible solution right now is to make a compromise and get everything to run at that.
What this fix does is resize your screen, launch kotc2, then back to native after you close it.

It's set to run on standard installation directories and a 1920x1080 res. If you've got any other configurations, right click kotc2res.bat > edit with notepad and adjust accordingly, it's just 4 lines, super-easy to understand, no programming knowledge required. If something doesn't run, right click > properties > compatibility tab > check admin rights box

UPDATED LINK 2022
ChangeScreenResolution.exe goes to C:\Windows
kotc2res.bat goes to C:\Knights of the Chalice 2
KotC2fix is a shortcut, place on desktop or wherever

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm working on it.
Everybody who backed with at least 25$ (minimum pledge for digital download was 20 british pounds which equals roughly 25$) tell me the email address you want the download link sent to (if that email differs from the one in your user profile) and your pledge tier (privately).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom