Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - rebooted with even more edginess

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
shitty graffix. i thought this game was going to look good... what happened? looks like a PS3 game.

doesn't even look as good as Battlefield 1... epic fail womp womp ^_^
What alternate reality are you in? If nothing else it's an amazing looking game, especially so considering it runs at 60FPS on consoles. The materials on everything are ace.

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
95fc9881cf0cdf40d60c1d39cb0880d8.jpg

No problems with disgusting, warmongering propaganda as long as a "Stronk WoC" is included. That's the mindset of the "Modern Left" for you.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
As someone who has historically, HATED the CoD series... I'm actually quite impressed with what I've seen so far. This might be the first CoD title i buy.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So it's game about kwans training and arming ISIS? Can you burn prisoners in cages and buy little christian slavegirls?

Sodafish

Arcane
Because it's good

LOL no. Same old shit with another coat of polish on it. The anti-Russian propaganda in it is also off the fucking scale. They do everything but depict them eating babies.

MapMan

Arcane
Do not buy this game if you're doing it for the MP aspect. For me, it's absolutely unplayable at its current state. I thought the devs were just incompetent but turns out everything is on purpose:

So basically, they shortened the TTK so that bad players can sometimes get a kill when they find somebody with their back turned or out in the open. Then, they designed the maps to maximize the chances of that happening. Every corner you peek you have so many places that you can get shot at from that it's impossible to protect against it. It's a gamble and sometimes you are bound to lose. This left the players with no choice but to camp, as that is the most effective way to play the game. If you step outside your safe zone, you get blasted from 5 different directions. The game turned into Call of Claymore: Camper Warfare. I'm not even gonna get into numerous bugs and balancing. Long story short, you either play overpowered 2 shot shotgun or you play overpowered M4 - if not, you're gimping yourself. Have fun.

DemonKing

Arcane
COD games have always had people that prefer to camp than run and gun - this one is no different. There are some maps which need work but overall I like most of them. There are so many game modes that you can find something to suit any playstyle. I don't like Ground War for example which is a poor man's Battlefield where usually half the team snipes from a distance ignoring the objectives but get plenty of enjoyment out of the 1-life objective based modes like Cyber Attack and Search & Destroy.

DemonKing

Arcane
Did they redesign the campaign? In the original it was complete garbage.

The original is a masterpiece compared to this one. You're just going from one set piece to another none of which make much sense.

Only reason I finished it was to unlock some of the better multiplayer skins - thankfully it's short.

Do not buy this game if you're doing it for the MP aspect. For me, it's absolutely unplayable at its current state. I thought the devs were just incompetent but turns out everything is on purpose:

So basically, they shortened the TTK so that bad players can sometimes get a kill when they find somebody with their back turned or out in the open. Then, they designed the maps to maximize the chances of that happening. Every corner you peek you have so many places that you can get shot at from that it's impossible to protect against it. It's a gamble and sometimes you are bound to lose. This left the players with no choice but to camp, as that is the most effective way to play the game. If you step outside your safe zone, you get blasted from 5 different directions. The game turned into Call of Claymore: Camper Warfare. I'm not even gonna get into numerous bugs and balancing. Long story short, you either play overpowered 2 shot shotgun or you play overpowered M4 - if not, you're gimping yourself. Have fun.

This is how every CoD MP map has been designed since at least the original MW. It’s not a new mindset. Also 2 shot shotguns fucking suck, I don’t see how you can call it overpowered compared to laser fully automatic guns that 2-3 shot you. Hunt Showdown did shotguns the best. One shot at close range with severe damage falloff, and long reload. Two shot with damage falloff is already worthless in a game like CoD.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Yeah CoD seems to be really a hidden us government sponsored propaganda game.
So is GTA. The protagonists in every game since San Andreas do more work cleaning up corruption on behalf of good guy agents than they do jacking cars.

User was nabbed fit

The addition of juggernauts in Warzone has made for some interesting moments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom