Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Latro

Arcane
He keeps prying into people’s minds, and I really really like it. To me, it seems like this is sort of a lost art. The game is letting me actually role-play as a Psionicist.
All the extra non-combat options seems like a good boon for people wanting to mess around with module creation.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Also does anyone know if you can cast a Wand outside of combat? I can't seem to find a way, nor can I find a way to rest. No luck finding such things in the documentation either.

Bara

Arcane
Change what?

He's dropping the stat modifiers differences between sexs. I.e. Darven females will not have strength equivalent to males but higher constitution or some such.

Which is how it was in the 3.5 handbook so I guess he's just making it more inline with the rulebook? If people tell him to drop the -2 penalty to Half-orc intelligence and charisma then I'll be annoyed.

Bara

Arcane
Ah your right I saw that check box option comment now form that seven day old comment.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I still haven't gotten an official email yet, if it weren't for the password recovery I'd be suffering. Also, holy shit this thing is hard as fuck.

Bara

Arcane
I just wonder... with Pierre being busy with KoTC2 backer codes and the development of future modules.

When in the world is he going to be able to find the time to talk to gog to get KoTC 1 or 2 on there? :P

I already have a copy of the game but I wonder if that offer is still on the table even for gog.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I wasn't so sure about the token stuff before and how it'd translate, but it's actually pretty cool.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
As sad as I am to admit it - looks like KotC 2 is not playable yet.

At first it was getting stuck on character creation from time to time after reading descriptions with no UI elements working.
Then it was randomly crashing on every second interaction from "dialogues" but restarting helped.
And now it looks like my first run ended with an ambush from some Virakas who is crashing the game every time I kill him. I have a suspicion that there is some achievement linked to this fight and that is the reason.

Last edited:

MuckMan

Learned
So was anyone able to play for a good amount of time or is it in a bug-ridden limbo? How does it stack up to KotC? More of the same or ... well more "polished"?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Game lags like crazy. I think boasting about any 4GB RAM pc being able to handle it didn't take into account my special piece of shit.

Mortmal

Arcane
Game crashes when you try to jump over the pit and the mimics are impossible to kill.
I had a problem with that fight too, its an heavily scripted area. First you see the grey goblin by the gate, he offer you to take side for his tribe. Do not immediately answer yes, now theres different ways to cross the pit, the best is to pay 200 gold to the birdman, zero damage received that way. Once you are in the arena you can take side for one tribe or the other, green seems much stronger.If you said yes to the goblien by the gate, it doesnt offfer that choice so keep many saves. You can also do it solo , in theory ,but i dont think its possible. Then you'll trigger the longest battle in a CRPG ever which show you the extent of pierre madness, you'll know when you see it ...When it's done you get a level up and free rest at will. Then you can tackle the mimicks with ease .
I rerolled after them cause my party was getting completely obliterated in ambush agains. Trying with a full party of fighter type hybrid, Human samurai, human paladin, human death knight, half giant barbarian, dwarf champion. First fights are already much easier but now i am stuck on the big cultist fight first level. I noticed on the combat video he's doing it at level 3, my party is still 2.
Think its possible to miss things and be underleveled then the encounters become impossible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom