Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Mortmal

Arcane
Is it possible to win the huge fight with yanos instead of being sent to sewers ? Difficulty is absurd there.Trying to do it , only way to get some success is to roll better initiative and use the confusion scroll, but thats not nearly enough.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck. I started a new game because that battle crashed 5 times in a row after killing the main dude, and now it crashes every time I try to use skills with the locked chest or the puzzle door in that second room or go to the room where the ritual is happening and try to interact with that. If I do the puzzle door and go into that room, it crashes when I get close to the secret door. I really wish I knew a fix.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
I have a hunch that the game requires some ancient and outdated libraries to function properly. I doubt Pierre would release a broken game after a month of pretending it was perfectly fine. It's more likely that he's never tested it on anything other than his weird-ass biopunk PC from hell.

Haha yeah, right ;)

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Besides, we havent seen or heard from him since he went to bed thursday night. I still havent received my email, and if i didnt read about a workaround here i would not even be able to try it out in all of its buggy glory

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Besides, we havent seen or heard from him since he went to bed thursday night. I still havent received my email, and if i didnt read about a workaround here i would not even be able to try it out in all of its buggy glory

What's weird is he must of imported all the KS email addresses shortly after the KS finished, but he can't automate the delivery of emails with a randomly generated password and a URL?

The latter isn't exactly difficult.

The Red Knight

Erudite
There's a typo in the title but mods can fix it
rwLBsez.png

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:what:

How is something that looks like this 600 mb? Knights of the Chalice was 8.

KOTC was full pixel-art. That takes very little space. The maps were tile-based as well.
This on the other hand has high-resolution images, which crappy as they are still take a lot of space.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I just got the mail too, I will probably wait only a few days before playing in case the early bug complains get addressed in the mean time.

Lilliput McHammersmith

So was anyone able to play for a good amount of time or is it in a bug-ridden limbo? How does it stack up to KotC? More of the same or ... well more "polished"?
It’s fairly buggy right now. I have had crashes in multiple places. I keep going into the Pool to try and kill everything in there (but I keep dying lol), and roughly 70% of the time, it crashes on loading the pool. It crashes fairly often on getting sent to the sewers, and crashed on me multiple times when transitioning from the first sewer section with the slimes to the second.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Quick loading sets my gold to 0. I wouldn't have noticed if It didn't cost a ton of gold to level up which is very weird, who the hell are you paying gold to level up in the middle of a dungeon?

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I don't think there's any action left in the game that hasn't made the game crash at least once. Using spells, talking to dudes, using skills in dialogues, using items, moving outside of combat, killing a dude in combat, loading a map area, opening the help, and trading items have all caused crashes for me. About half of them were repeatable to the point I had to start a new game because I could no longer progress. I'm on my sixth new game already. Maybe it's the characters I made. I've used the same guys every time.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Quick loading sets my gold to 0. I wouldn't have noticed if It didn't cost a tons of gold to level up which is very weird, who the hell are you paying gold to level up in the middle of a dungeon?
Haha. I checked after you said this and all my gold is gone, too. weeeee

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Has anybody managed to make any progress? If so, what OS are you using and did you have to do any kind of tweaks? I just got stumped again. I've heard something about sewers in this thread, but I can't even get that far. I tried running as administrator and a whole bunch of compatibility settings, but I've had no luck.

On the bright side, I've fucked with that portcullis at the beginning enough times that I finally failed the strength check, and you get to fight an extra centipede. That let my guys get to level 2 with just one fight and a bunch of skill usage.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Can anyone please run pngcrunch on similar on the assets, see if they're any wins. I can do it if anyone hooks me up with them.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just to make sure, can someone try playing it on a Win95/98 VM? Maybe it'll be more stable if you play on what the developer used.

daedalus0

Novice
Also does anyone know if you can cast a Wand outside of combat? I can't seem to find a way, nor can I find a way to rest. No luck finding such things in the documentation either.

You have to equip the wand in the weapon slot. Then it shows up with the 'use item or ability' button. There are campfires later in the game for resting.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom