Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter campaign concludes, Augury of Chaos module released to backers

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Heroic Fantasy Games; Knights of the Chalice 2

Pierre Begue's Kickstarter campaign for Knights of the Chalice 2 successfully concluded yesterday, after 37 days of crunchy updates, combat videos and puzzle challenges. It managed to raise £38,034 from 838 backers, plus an additional $1,674 from our Codex fundraiser. Pierre wasted no time and sent out his backer surveys that same evening, allowing him to release the Augury of Chaos module to backers today. Kind of unexpected from a guy who literally took years to launch his Kickstarter in the first place. Here's the final update:

Hello everyone!!

What an incredible campaign for Knights of the Chalice 2!! ^^

Following a strong finish, the campaign raised 253% of its base goal. Thank you so much everyone for taking part in the campaign and for all your valiant and steadfast efforts in spreading the word to the four corners of the earth until the very last minute!!

Including pledges through Paypal and the RPG Codex fundraiser, we've raised a total of GBP 40,290, equivalent to USD 50,222.

Naturally, this allows us to reach the campaign's Fifth Stretch Goal! This means that the game will have a new Icon-Based Combat Actions Menu. In addition, the Sentient Sword Companion Kutrang will be added to the upcoming KotC 2 Adventure Modules!!

Puzzle Challenge: We Have A Winner!!

Guy Iluz, aka rpgguy, is the Grand Winner of the Kickstarter Puzzle Challenge!! He solved the last puzzle in record time and all of his answers were correct. So far, he's the only one to have found the complete solution! Congratulations Guy!! Thank you so much for the awesome support!!

Feel free to try solving the puzzles and send me the solution at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

The first two persons who send me the correct solution will be added to the Credits Screen of KotC 2 as Puzzle Challenge Winners. In any case, I will publish all of the solutions on the Facebook page in a week or so.

Direct Downloads of Knights of the Chalice 2!!

Yes!! I know you're waiting patiently for this one thing!! The KotC 2 Direct Download!!

Never fear! I will send out emails containing download details very soon! I just have to collect the emails from the Kickstarter, check payments, and do a small coding tweak on my website so that both the Windows and Mac OS versions will be made available to you.

A bit earlier, I sent out the Backer Survey to all of the KotC 2 backers. Please complete the survey if you haven't already done so, so that I will be able to send the download details to your email address.

Once you've started playing, please feel free to post bug reports and suggestions in this forum. If you're interested in using the editor to create new adventures, you can talk about this in this forum. Of course, you're also welcome to join the Discord server using the Discord Invite Link and discuss there.

That's it for today's update! Please be patient a bit longer, while I take care of the remaining things that I need to do before I can send out your download details!

Thank You Again, Intrepid Knights of the Kingdom!! ^^
The catch is that Augury of Chaos is only available as a direct download from the Heroic Fantasy Games website for now. According to Pierre, it will take a few months to become available on Steam as well. Right now it doesn't seem to be available for sale on the website either, so I guess it's a backer-exclusive. Note that if you're a backer and you didn't get an email from Pierre, you might still be able to access your game by asking to recover your password.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Seems like others are already in, I didnt get any email yet (Champion tier).
But it seems like BlueSalamander is in deep crunch right now so I guess slowdowns are to be expected.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah the game is not really in a playable state right now, feels like early access, many crashes to desktop, items and even characters disappearing but other than that if you ignore the bugs ( not possible ) it's a superb game.

Repressed Homosexual
The heroicfantasygames.com customer section is barely accessible right now due to everyone trying to get to their game and download it at the same time.

Dorateen

Arcane
Has anyone tried playing with the "thinking" AI turned off? Pierre said that the more advanced AI would cause slow downs, and someone else mentioned it could be linked to crashes.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has anyone tried playing with the "thinking" AI turned off? Pierre said that the more advanced AI would cause slow downs, and someone else mentioned it could be linked to crashes.
I haven't, but the game doesn't seem to crash during combat, except on killing boss enemies. Would it cause crashes outside of combat?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

The Ai thinking is turned off by default, probably no-one is playing with it on

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The module and the game are looking awesome for the small part I've played but unfortunately at this state the game can't be considered playable. Several spells, killing bosses and nearly every dialog/interaction has one or multiple options causing crashes; currently preventing me from progressing as what I'm assuming is the boss fight crashes whichever option I choose during the intro.
Not complaining as it's not entirely unexpected... Despite these glaring issues, the game is looking promissing. The things that work are great, and it really feels like playing a tabletop game. Looking forward to an updated version.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
The module and the game are looking awesome for the small part I've played but unfortunately at this state the game can't be considered playable. Several spells, killing bosses and nearly every dialog/interaction has one or multiple options causing crashes; currently preventing me from progressing as what I'm assuming is the boss fight crashes whichever option I choose during the intro.
Not complaining as it's not entirely unexpected... Despite these glaring issues, the game is looking promissing. The things that work are great, and it really feels like playing a tabletop game. Looking forward to an updated version.

There is a new version available the bugs are fixed there...

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
There is a new version available the bugs are fixed there...
Interesting, will check it out. Where are updates announced (for non-social-media users)? Can't see any info on the KotC website...

It was announced on the kickstarter and you should have gotten a mail update if you did not unsubscribe.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/2890077

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom