Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just got my official email, not that it really matters as I'd already done the password recovery method.

I guess Pierre is still working through the list.

Mortmal

Arcane
Has anybody managed to make any progress? If so, what OS are you using and did you have to do any kind of tweaks? I just got stumped again. I've heard something about sewers in this thread, but I can't even get that far. I tried running as administrator and a whole bunch of compatibility settings, but I've had no luck.

On the bright side, I've fucked with that portcullis at the beginning enough times that I finally failed the strength check, and you get to fight an extra centipede. That let my guys get to level 2 with just one fight and a bunch of skill usage.
Well i am making progress now, but i get same crashes too, diving in the pool is crash most of the times, it even depends which character you send. I am at level 5 now , cultist fight took me ages and its especially unfair as it send you to the lower sewer without equipement.Only reward is 1000xp more.It's not unplayable by any mean , just extremely unfair.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Has anybody managed to make any progress? If so, what OS are you using and did you have to do any kind of tweaks? I just got stumped again. I've heard something about sewers in this thread, but I can't even get that far. I tried running as administrator and a whole bunch of compatibility settings, but I've had no luck.

On the bright side, I've fucked with that portcullis at the beginning enough times that I finally failed the strength check, and you get to fight an extra centipede. That let my guys get to level 2 with just one fight and a bunch of skill usage.
Well i am making progress now, but i get same crashes too, diving in the pool is crash most of the times, it even depends which character you send. I am at level 5 now , cultist fight took me ages and its especially unfair as it send you to the lower sewer without equipement.Only reward is 1000xp more.It's not unplayable by any mean , just extremely unfair.
Hahaha I think most fights are extremely unfair. The pool fight in particular, since you can only have two characters, and the one Sharkman casts quicksand 85% of the time which means game over

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are people actually beating the fight where the cultist leader teleports away, or do you just agree to work for him? I don't see how it's possible, but then I didn't see how the second fight of the game was possible with my first party so it could just be a failure of munchkinism.

Not that I'll be playing any more for the foreseeable future, this thing crashes if you breathe too heavily.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Hahaha I think most fights are extremely unfair. The pool fight in particular, since you can only have two characters, and the one Sharkman casts quicksand 85% of the time which means game over
Man, I can't even use a potion of water breathing or the game crashes. I tried once without it, and you can guess how that went.

Mortmal

Arcane
Are people actually beating the fight where the cultist leader teleports away, or do you just agree to work for him? I don't see how it's possible, but then I didn't see how the second fight of the game was possible with my first party so it could just be a failure of munchkinism.

Not that I'll be playing any more for the foreseeable future, this thing crashes if you breathe too heavily.
Id di it with a party of melee , paladin, barbarian, fighter (centaur) ,gladiator (mantis) one rogue one bard . Rogue has improved iniative, dex 20 etc . First turns, use the confusion scroll with the rogue, kill the hag at the bottom first, then kill casters , get lucky and fight is won.Outcome is same , he telports you away without your equipement.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Id di it with a party of melee , paladin, barbarian, fighter (centaur) ,gladiator (mantis) one rogue one bard . Rogue has improved iniative, dex 20 etc . First turns, use the confusion scroll with the rogue, kill the hag at the bottom first, then kill casters , get lucky and fight is won.Outcome is same , he telports you away without your equipement.

So do you have to do the pool fight before he teleports you? can you go back to the pool fight after the boss fight?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
I maxmaxed my party of 6 human females with Cheat Engine (all 18s) and yet the first proper battle still kicked my ass 10 times. I only won it when I used the web scroll to entangle almost all the enemies, then use my cleric's once-a-day blinding light ability to blind them all. And even then it was still tough.

Remember that final optional post-game encounter of KotC1 that really fucking raped you?

The first encounter in KotC2 is like that.

Yeah, this is the good shit.

Not to mention the ridiculous amount of class/race choices during dialog events. I don't think I've seen an RPG before that gave you that many choices based on party composition.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I maxmaxed my party of 6 human females with Cheat Engine (all 18s) and yet the first proper battle still kicked my ass 10 times. I only won it when I used the web scroll to entangle almost all the enemies, then use my cleric's once-a-day blinding light ability to blind them all. And even then it was still tough.

Remember that final optional post-game encounter of KotC1 that really fucking raped you?

Not to mention the ridiculous amount of class/race choices during dialog events. I don't think I've seen an RPG before that gave you that many choices based on party composition.

All these posts are making it really tempting to bite the bullet and play, but it really sounds as though I should wait a little bit for some fixes.

Repressed Homosexual
Full screen doesn't work, about 2/3rds of the game screen ends up taking like 1/6th of my computer screen.

In windowed mode, the bottom of the screen is blocked by the Windows task bar. So I can't click on confirm when I create a new character.

Help me.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Sounds like fucking incline mate

Repressed Homosexual
If someone wants quality turn-based combat while waiting for Pierre to fix his game, I recommend the genesis version of Langrisser 2 with the fan translation. I'm very close to the end now.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite

Forgive me, but isn't situation when you can beat first fight in game only with cheats is sign that game completely broken right now? Or your party composition was shit and you hoped to "cheeze" your way through? Or maybe I don't understand something?
I mean, I can be considered guilty of min maxing sometimes, but 18s on all stats on first walkthrough...Honestly, I was expected more that fantadomat would do that (and complain that game is easy).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Honestly, I was expected more that fantadomat would do that (and complain that game is easy).

Me and fanta are brothers in spirit :obviously:

And no, it's not a sign of the game being broken, the fight is actually doable if you use the scrolls you find rather than going "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I'll keep all these consumables for a later fight" and never using them.

The minotaur fight just after that, however... that's really unfair because you have NO equipment and that minotaur is both a spellcaster AND really strong in melee.

Mortmal

Arcane

So do you have to do the pool fight before he teleports you? can you go back to the pool fight after the boss fight?
I think so, i found no way yet to get back up. Just noticed a new pleasantry from pierre, vampires drain levels...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
So how do you guys beat the minotaur wizard that surprises you when you open the first gate in the dungeon the bad guy teleports you to?

rotgrub

Novice
Whoa, I backed the KS and had no idea I'd be getting a download now! Can someone fill me in on what the development timeline of this game is? I thought the videos and updates were all about a game still in development.
I see we have the 1st of several modules now, and the expected fulfillment of the 2nd is in January 2022. Will there be more development of the 1st module/base game between now and then? I'm not inclined to play a game that is still being improved/developed, finish it, and then have to wait more than a year for the next part to come around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom