Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

Hi all, Jamor here. We're busy putting finishing touches on 1.5 Menander, and we want to release it in the best possible condition with a full team around to give it the necessary post launch support. In order to let my team get a bit of a break before coming back and finishing the thing, we will be pausing dev diaries for now. The team will take summer vacation at various points over July. You can expect a resumption of communication in August, so until then, have fun and stay safe out there.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
2) It will remain supported for more years, i suspect that Imperator won't see much support in the future. Because it's a flop.
I agree, but I have to say I am also surprised they actually bothered to patch and support it as much as they did so far.
If I had a blunder like that on my hands, I'd drop it like a hot potato, apologize for failing and promise to do better next time.
But they actually stuck with trying to fix it for months with at least some people working on it - so... who knows, really.

thesecret1

Arcane
If I had a blunder like that on my hands, I'd drop it like a hot potato, apologize for failing and promise to do better next time.
They already did that with EU:Rome, so I imagine their pride prevents them from admitting that the "next time" actually turned out as bad or even worse than the original attempt :lol:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What does support for a game like Imperator matter? As I said early on, they're doing the Stellaris thing of patching shit without actually improving anything.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Revisiting this for the last few days and found playing Monarchy makes the game actually enjoyable. Would recommend avoiding any republic or staying on tribe for long. Missions are working wonders for giving you direction and goals, they should work exclusively on making more of them, longer chains and with much more branching paths.
Game is very easy and diplomacy painfully basic. Flavor is missing for 90% of the cultures. Best feature in the game is the provincial government and building your cities. Should use these systems in future games with little more depth, same with the trading (it's ok, but can be better and more integrated into the building part, like for example you need 2 supplies of wood and 1 stone for building a 1 city, marble for metropolis etc. , stuff like that).
Wars have very strong EU feel and that is terrible as it's not saved by the diplomacy game, feels nothing like ancient warfare, it's just copy-pasted in I:R from EU.
Really hope they cut the pointless inclusion of every 1 province god know if ever existed tribe. Focus on 15-20 major ones and consolidate them. Do we really need 6 suebian, 10 asturian or 100 gaul tribes.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
They've made some slight improvements. But it ultimately ended up exactly the way I predicted: Changes for the sake of changing things and hiding inherent flaws under MORE BUTTONS. Just like Stellaris. Just like HoI4.

Mortmal

Arcane
You still play celts , like you play a minor power in africa, theres not enough asymetrical balance , its not likely going to change . Most fleshed out are greeks and roman and even there not so much difference . For 25 euros DLC you only get minor things in paradox games now, they are usually broken and untested . So for their least played game, i dont see any culture packs coming.

Master Librarian

Educated
I had fun doing runs as Agathocles of Syracuse and Sparta, like 3 months ago or so, but the problem is the game is still far too homogenized and flavorless for you to ever pick it up after a game or two. You've done one run - you've basically done them all.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You still play celts , like you play a minor power in africa, theres not enough asymetrical balance , its not likely going to change . Most fleshed out are greeks and roman and even there not so much difference . For 25 euros DLC you only get minor things in paradox games now, they are usually broken and untested . So for their least played game, i dont see any culture packs coming.
Sitting an intern down to read Wikipedia and write a few events probably costs them nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom