Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Forgive me, but isn't situation when you can beat first fight in game only with cheats is sign that game completely broken right now? Or your party composition was shit and you hoped to "cheeze" your way through? Or maybe I don't understand something?
You get scrolls that really help with that fight if you have arcane casters on the team and one of them can use one of the scrolls before they all die.

I had my wizard use a scroll of Deep Slumber and a good chunk of the guys went to sleep. A lot of the other guys wasted their turns waking them up. Then, I used my normal Sleep spell to keep putting 1-3 guys per sleep per turn with the wizard and using a lot of Grease with my psion to hold everything down while the gladiator and polearm-wielding death knight cleaned up. Had my cleric using buffs and an occasional heal and the bard singing songs and killing dudes with his sword.

Lilliput McHammersmith

So how do you guys beat the minotaur wizard that surprises you when you open the first gate in the dungeon the bad guy teleports you to?
I have no idea. It’s him that made me restart the game with a totally different party. He absolutely raped my first party. They were all close to death from the slime fight and then yeah, he wrecked us.

I rolled a new party with a Mantis Rogue because there is a rogue check to disarm the traps on the door, and I have a Hill Giant so I’m hoping that we can either avoid the Minotaur or at least not be surprised by him.

Mortmal

Arcane
So how do you guys beat the minotaur wizard that surprises you when you open the first gate in the dungeon the bad guy teleports you to?
You dont fight him, theres an alcove on the side, with a tool, you can interact with the lever other side of the gate.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Forgive me, but isn't situation when you can beat first fight in game only with cheats is sign that game completely broken right now? Or your party composition was shit and you hoped to "cheeze" your way through? Or maybe I don't understand something?
You get scrolls that really help with that fight if you have arcane casters on the team and one of them can use one of the scrolls before they all die.

I had my wizard use a scroll of Deep Slumber and a good chunk of the guys went to sleep. A lot of the other guys wasted their turns waking them up. Then, I used my normal Sleep spell to keep putting 1-3 guys per sleep per turn with the wizard and using a lot of Grease with my psion to hold everything down while the gladiator and polearm-wielding death knight cleaned up. Had my cleric using buffs and an occasional heal and the bard singing songs and killing dudes with his sword.
Oh, I also wanted to add that about half the enemies in the fight can be killed by a single attack from a fighter-type, and the rest take maybe 2-3 hits. It's nothing like the optional fight in KotC 1. You do need your guys to win initiative, though, or it'll be a total party wipe before you move.

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Out of curiosity, is it a bug or intentional that you lose all your equipment when you get teleported? I thought all that nice equipment was too good to be true, but losing everything seems kinda rough.

That's the furthest I've gotten. Killed the slimes that ambush you, but trying to leave through the hole they made crashes the game.

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity
Great game, but I am unable to save the game. Nice to have used the better part of the afternoon creating a party only for getting the characters killed and starting all over.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Where the heck did you get a polearm?

You can get your equipment back later. Unfortunately my Mantis druid cant put back his leather armor on.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Where the heck did you get a polearm?
My Death Knight started with one. It's not magical, but it's still maybe the best weapon I've got. Maybe it's based on the weapon groups you select? Not sure.

The Red Knight

Erudite
I still can't create any characters because my cursor cannot reach the bottom of the screen. It is blocked by the Windows task bar.
Try using SRWE or some other window resize utility.

Irqw7Gk.png

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Full screen doesn't work, about 2/3rds of the game screen ends up taking like 1/6th of my computer screen.

In windowed mode, the bottom of the screen is blocked by the Windows task bar. So I can't click on confirm when I create a new character.

Help me.
Use the fix I posted a couple of pages back

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Kept loading saves until I could get out of the oubliette. How the fuck can you beat those centipedes with no equipment? They use this acid splash that does 20+ damage to four of my guys, and kills the casters during the surprise round. I'm trying to punch them to death, but it doesn't work so great.

Edit: Oh, if you reload enough, the centipedes might decide not to use that ability. But, seriously, it's a CR 6 encounter and I don't have enough gold to have more than three guys at level 3. The others are at level 2. With no weapons, it's a bit much.

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
Full screen doesn't work, about 2/3rds of the game screen ends up taking like 1/6th of my computer screen.

In windowed mode, the bottom of the screen is blocked by the Windows task bar. So I can't click on confirm when I create a new character.

Help me.
Use the fix I posted a couple of pages back

I have your configuration but it doesn't work, it says "Error, the graphics mode is not supported", and launches the old way with the disordered screen anyway.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Kept loading saves until I could get out of the oubliette. How the fuck can you beat those centipedes with no equipment? They use this acid splash that does 20+ damage to four of my guys, and kills the casters during the surprise round. I'm trying to punch them to death, but it doesn't work so great.

Edit: Oh, if you reload enough, the centipedes might decide not to use that ability.

Centipedes? I fought slimes

Dickie

Arcane
Patron

Edit: Oh, if you reload enough, the centipedes might decide not to use that ability.

Centipedes? I fought slimes
I got teleported into the oubliette, fought some slimes, then took their hole out into a hallway. In the hallway, past a portcullis, I had to fight 6 centipedes that surprised my party.

Haha. This game is so fucked up. Now, I can't equip more than one weapon with my mantis. I feel like somebody earlier in the thread that I missed some XP or gold, at least, somewhere. Maybe because I couldn't to the pool fight due to it crashing every time I tried to go in there. Fighting groups of level 5 enemies when your party is level 2.5 and you got almost no equipment and can't rest is just too fucked up.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I got teleported into the oubliette, fought some slimes, then took their hole out into a hallway. In the hallway, past a portcullis, I had to fight 6 centipedes that surprised my party.
Not a minotaur?

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Not a minotaur?
Haven't seen any minotaurs. Past the centipedes, I can fight some goblins or some mimics. Did I take a wrong turn? I can't go back. The mimics just swallow all my guys during a surprise round and the goblins throw fireballs until all my guys die.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I can't even get that far due to crashes.

:imokay:
Dude, I've started a new game like eight times now to get that far. I wince every time I kill somebody in battle, choose a skill option in a dialogue, or try to equip a weapon because I'm expecting it to crash.

Mortmal

Arcane

Edit: Oh, if you reload enough, the centipedes might decide not to use that ability. But, seriously, it's a CR 6 encounter and I don't have enough gold to have more than three guys at level 3. The others are at level 2. With no weapons, it's a bit much.
Split the party and they never use the AOE attack.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron

Split the party and they never use the AOE attack.
What do you mean by split the party? Just leave a gap in the formation screen? You have to go down a 10' wide hallway, so it bunches my guys up even though I have a front row, a blank row, and a back row in the formation screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom