Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civvie thread (classic FPS reviews/commentary on youtube)

lightbane

Arcane
I thought Youtubers only got money from ads. Just use an ad blocker? Letting Civvie have some money you're not even giving him does absolutely nothing at all, anyway, so who the fuck cares. Every corporation in existence supports the white genocide rapetrain, you're going to end up inadvertently supporting them with your money whether you like it or not. But some weird gamer? What difference does it make if he gets a couple of extra views?

I know, but I can ignore Civvie or pirate his videos, something not so easily done with the corps' case.

Zlaja

Arcane
Letting Civvie have some money you're not even giving him does absolutely nothing at all, anyway, so who the fuck cares

He's donating some of that money to bail funds. The same funds that put violent rioters back onto the streets. That makes him an accomplice.

nil

Cipher
Letting Civvie have some money you're not even giving him does absolutely nothing at all, anyway, so who the fuck cares

He's donating some of that money to bail funds. The same funds that put violent rioters back onto the streets. That makes him an accomplice.
I'm not an american, am I getting this right:

It's okay to deny people money if you don't agree with what they are gonna spend it on? (But fuck cancel culture, I assume.)
Only rich criminals should be out on bail, the poor ones (who are unable to pay their own bail) should be kept in cells (on your tax money) until their trial?
You don't want these violent protesters out on bail, even though their sentence would be much higher if they committed any more crimes (and I assume the sate/whatever would then get to keep the bail money)?

Also, if one of these violent criminals did do what you are hoping for, and murdered this youtuber guy, would that be like, bittersweet for you? "I'm so happy that this guy had his skull cracked in, but I'm sad there are people who would do something like this. Why can't they all be as civilized as me?"

Zlaja

Arcane
It's okay to deny people money if you don't agree with what they are gonna spend it on? (But fuck cancel culture, I assume.)

Did you see anyone advocate for him getting banned on youtube or getting his content demonetized on the plattform? Because that is what 'canceling him' would truly mean. Nice try.

Only rich criminals should be out on bail, the poor ones (who are unable to pay their own bail) should be kept in cells (on your tax money) until their trial

He's donating to the fund because he symphatizes with the rioters. He's actions are not motivated by a desire to just help some random non-rich people get out on bail.

You don't want these violent protesters out on bail, even though their sentence would be much higher if they committed any more crimes

LOL, most of these fucks won't get sentenced to jail no matter what. Prosecutors in most places will simply let them off the hook. Especially in Minnesota where he's donating.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I can handle people being leftists but donating to free rioters, looters and murderers is beyond the pale. Based status: revoked.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I'm not an american, am I getting this right:

Only rich criminals should be out on bail, the poor ones (who are unable to pay their own bail) should be kept in cells (on your tax money) until their trial?
You don't want these violent protesters out on bail, even though their sentence would be much higher if they committed any more crimes (and I assume the sate/whatever would then get to keep the bail money)?

Also, if one of these violent criminals did do what you are hoping for, and murdered this youtuber guy, would that be like, bittersweet for you? "I'm so happy that this guy had his skull cracked in, but I'm sad there are people who would do something like this. Why can't they all be as civilized as me?"

Found the Marxist.

It's ok to free nigger murders because it's unfair that rich people can afford to pay for their own bails. Tell me how communism isn't kindergarden mentality on steroids.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
All this racism shit is part of the Capitalist strategy to divide and conquer. Teach poor white people and poor black people to fight each other and keep class warfare dormant for another 100 years.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm shocked that Civvie is a BLM supporter.

When he mentioned to give money to a bail fund, I was thinking it was for the cops who killed George Floyd's bails.

Oh well, all the better.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That's not the point paying for someone's bail as non-family means you support the crime committed by that person.

I wonder if Civvie thinks the rioters would spare his house if they ever showed up there. Would he act like this guy?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Civvie is great. You people are nuts.

Donating money to fund and enable rioters and looters is objectively not "great". Denying him views is legitimate since giving him views would mean supporting rioters and looters.

It's actually pretty clear-cut in this specific case, which is welcome. No need to muddle through rhetorical rationalization.

Boleskine

Arcane
Is Civvie on decline now?

In this latest video he's triggered (at 3:00) by the plot synopsis of Kindergarten Cop 2.

oRCPxAn.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom