Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Got through the goblin fight, but then I saved and my mouse cursor went away so I reloaded and it reset the battle. Life is pain.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So how do you guys beat the minotaur wizard that surprises you when you open the first gate in the dungeon the bad guy teleports you to?
You dont fight him, theres an alcove on the side, with a tool, you can interact with the lever other side of the gate.

But the difficulty check for searching the alcove is 20 and I only reach 18.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Well, I got past the minotaur by lucking out with not getting most of my party stuck in his webbing, then casting grease below him and surrounding him, whenever he got prone and tried to get up my party unleashed AoOs on him. You really have to cheese these fights, lmao.

Also managed to beat the mimics and the... animated portcullis??!! It even falls prone if you grease it or try to knock it over. LOL!

This has to be the first CRPG featuring an animated portcullis.

rotgrub

Novice
No one answered my question about whether there's further development on this 1st module, but seeing a bunch of posts about crashes and problems. I'll just give this game a go later.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Mine is finally there aswell. Seems like us 25€ plebs got blessed now aswell. Should have stood more for market liberal values and pledged more.

On the other hand, seeing how things are unfolding currently maybe not :happytrollboy:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
So how do you guys beat the minotaur wizard that surprises you when you open the first gate in the dungeon the bad guy teleports you to?
You dont fight him, theres an alcove on the side, with a tool, you can interact with the lever other side of the gate.

So you fight a minotaur if you just try to muscle the portcullis open or what? I used the pole and there were just centipedes on the other side. Also, can you please confirm for me that you're supposed to lose all of your equipment when the dude teleports you and it's not just a bug for me? It makes the game so hard that I can't help but feel I've run into some kind of bug. What level are your guys? Three of mine are still level 2, and the other three are level 3. I have the XP, but not the gold to level up the rest. The encounters seem like my whole party should be maybe level 5.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

So you fight a minotaur if you just try to muscle the portcullis open or what? I used the pole and there were just centipedes on the other side. Also, can you please confirm for me that you're supposed to lose all of your equipment when the dude teleports you and it's not just a bug for me? It makes the game so hard that I can't help but feel I've run into some kind of bug. What level are your guys? Three of mine are still level 2, and the other three are level 3. I have the XP, but not the gold to level up the rest. The encounters seem like my whole party should be maybe level 5.

Yanos is telling you he is going to teleport you and take your equipment away and hide it in the sewers... so definitely intended.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Yanos is telling you he is going to teleport you and take your equipment away and hide it in the sewers... so definitely intended
I'd ask if Pierre even played his own game, but I assume that was him losing every battle in the combat videos. He must've used some kind of debug command to get past each one.

overly excitable young man

I still can't create any characters because my cursor cannot reach the bottom of the screen. It is blocked by the Windows task bar.
Try using SRWE or some other window resize utility.

Irqw7Gk.png
Nah really pls stop trolling. Why does this guy have a real title screen?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
The fights tend to be extremely tough, BUT they are manageable if you cheese it. Special attacks like trip are really useful against some enemies.

The Red Knight

Erudite
Nah really pls stop trolling. Why does this guy have a real title screen?

The pic is showcasing options for HHR to either change the window size to fit his resolution, or change its position (either via coordinates or by using align buttons) so the bottom becomes clickable. The fixed-spelling title screen is there just because I couldn't be bothered to replace it with the original yet.

Mortmal

Arcane
Kept loading saves until I could get out of the oubliette. How the fuck can you beat those centipedes with no equipment? They use this acid splash that does 20+ damage to four of my guys, and kills the casters during the surprise round. I'm trying to punch them to death, but it doesn't work so great.

Edit: Oh, if you reload enough, the centipedes might decide not to use that ability. But, seriously, it's a CR 6 encounter and I don't have enough gold to have more than three guys at level 3. The others are at level 2. With no weapons, it's a bit much.
Split the party and they never use the AOE attack.
What do you mean by split the party? Just leave a gap in the formation screen? You have to go down a 10' wide hallway, so it bunches my guys up even though I have a front row, a blank row, and a back row in the formation screen.
More than that , only keep 2 beefier one in front and move the other far away behind.

Noddy

Augur
Alright i'm not gonna lie i was planning to pirate it in a week or something.
I have finally cracked and donated to Pierre.
This is the first money i have spent on a game in about 10 years.
Time to stare at my email.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Dickie said:
What do you mean by split the party? Just leave a gap in the formation screen? You have to go down a 10' wide hallway, so it bunches my guys up even though I have a front row, a blank row, and a back row in the formation screen.
More than that , only keep 2 beefier one in front and move the other far away behind.
How do I move them further back? The acid splash happens during the centipedes' surprise round, so I can't do it during the fight. Is there a way to just split the party or something?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I have your configuration but it doesn't work, it says "Error, the graphics mode is not supported", and launches the old way with the disordered screen anyway.
Damn. Perhaps try this: on the executable for kotc2 right click > properties > compatibility > check high dpi scaling override and set it to Application. Also check run as administrator.

Haven't had time to play the game yet, but seeing how there are plenty of bugs to squash yet I might try modding some shit while I wait til those are fixed.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
OK, got to the centipedes fight (God knows why I bother). Very ingenious design here, encouraging you to make full use of such shrewd tactical manoeuvres as "have more than 20 HP on all of your characters". This kind of creative encounter design is exactly what makes the KotC franchise stand out from the crowd.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
OK, got to the centipedes fight (God knows why I bother). Very ingenious design here, encouraging you to make full use of such shrewd tactical manoeuvres as "have more than 20 HP on all of your characters". This kind of creative encounter design is exactly what makes the KotC franchise stand out from the crowd.
Did you beat it? It's the rare encounter where you don't do the normal strategy of reloading the game until your guys win initiative, since they get a surprise round to kill all your casters, anyway. Improved Initiative feat should be renamed to Reduce Reloading.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I looked at the character generation and broke out into hives. There's so many options. I am dizzy. I am going to need a few... days... to plan my party.

Maybe by then there'll be a patch. (haha there won't)

Mortmal

Arcane
Dickie said:
How do I move them further back? The acid splash happens during the centipedes' surprise round, so I can't do it during the fight. Is there a way to just split the party or something?
If it happens during surprise round you are fucked, and its pretty much the same in every single encounters... Right now i just finished mooncrypt , only thing to do is grabing the fire sword or fighting the crone champion , both fights are absolutely impossible, its as if i am missing whole part of a dungeon to level up or something. My party of level 7 and 6 shouldnt be facing a lvl 18 iron golem and 6 greater gelatinous cubes at the same time. Really dont know what to do now .

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
My party of level 7 and 6 shouldnt be facing a lvl 18 iron golem and 6 greater gelatinous cubes at the same time.
:what:

Damn, I think I might just pack it in. I'm not even sure I'm having fun with all the reloading from crashing and party wipes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom