Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wouldn't it be really funny if you just accidentally stumbled into some high-level dungeon because of your Codex instincts, and skipped the whole tutorial areas that were meant to prepare you?

I mean, how likely is it that this never came up in testing, hm?

:shredder:

Mortmal

Arcane
The fights tend to be extremely tough, BUT they are manageable if you cheese it. Special attacks like trip are really useful against some enemies.
Did you do the fights past mooncrypt ?

I just made it past all the mooncrypt encounters, now I have to deal with the fire cave above it.
ok i did it too, be sure to loot the chest and get the scrolls. Then after that and final fight tell me if you manage it.

Mortmal

Arcane
Wouldn't it be really funny if you just accidentally stumbled into some high-level dungeon because of your Codex instincts, and skipped the whole tutorial areas that were meant to prepare you?

Tutorial area is like one room , then hell is unleashed.. I suggest you dont spend too much time rolling characters, try first with anything, you will immediately understand some builds will never work there.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
is Half-salamander + storm warrior good combo? Eseentially you get

Fighter bab
Ranger number of feats
3d6 elemental damage free
10 tri-elemental resistance
perfect combat casting
Some wizard piercing feats
bonuses in water and forest/jungle
d10 hit dice

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Holy shit the fire cave is utter bullshit
no, it's easy,i kid you not i tanked with a barbarian and some fire resist item and paladin healing it with scrolls . Be carefull you still need ressources after that cave,n you wotn manage it if you dont loot the scroll in left room .

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron

"testing" :lol:

got my emailed link, am i ready? oh boy

Ragniz

Novice
I maxmaxed my party of 6 human females with Cheat Engine (all 18s)
How did you locate the address to change stats?
I just noticed I fucked up by leaving my whole party 1 dexterity short for combat reflexes and I don't want to spend a couple hours rolling stats and catching up

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bros help me. It won't let me launch my game.
xrzy6Fw.png

I tried running it as an admin and it still won't work..

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
While I wait for my email, all of these stories of pure incline and bug melange harkens me back to Grimoire 1.0, getting party wipes against ?BUGS?

Last edited:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
guys, guys

it's right there in the title: Augury of Chaos

the augury part is just marketing, as there are no guys observing the skies and making predictions about the future based on patters of birds flying (aside: man, what a great job! if only it was available today)

however, the CHAOS is there aplenty, for all to see and experience

a little (black) bird told me all Frenchmen called Charles are Lawful while all Pierres are Chaotic, and this raven archaeopteryx never lies: it is known

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Man, I keep feeling like I missed a door or something that leads to a level 3 dungeon. Maybe it's underwater if you can keep from getting swallowed by frogs. There should be at least a handful of easy encounters in a game.

The first two to three encounters trick you into thinking you got this, but you're level one where everything is dicey in 3e D&D. Every god damn fight is like the most fucked up encounters in the first game. Either they get a surprise round with attacks that one-shot your guys or they got 15+ guys screening for their wizards and priests who are summoning 60 HP ghouls to fight your level two guys.

It's not even about changing strategy. You just gotta reload until you get good initiative values and don't blow your first few key moves.

For some reason, I feel compelled to keep playing, though.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Full screen doesn't work, about 2/3rds of the game screen ends up taking like 1/6th of my computer screen.

In windowed mode, the bottom of the screen is blocked by the Windows task bar. So I can't click on confirm when I create a new character.

Help me.
Use the fix I posted a couple of pages back

I have your configuration but it doesn't work, it says "Error, the graphics mode is not supported", and launches the old way with the disordered screen anyway.

Edit your Kotc2fix file on your desktop to this:

ChangeScreenResolution.exe /w=1920 /h=1080 /d=0
call "C:\Knights of the Chalice 2\KotC2.exe"
ChangeScreenResolution.exe /w=3840 /h=2160 /d=0
exit

the last line should be your default resolution

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Doubled back and cleared the fight in the chapel, wasn't too hard this time knowing what I know now, but now I don't have enough cash to level everyone up. I'm not sure if I can take out the minotaur, might just use the pole and lever.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Get your token pack here

Made with public domain art by John Bauer, Ivan Bilibin, Frank Cadogan Cowper, Fedir Krychevsky, N.C. Wyeth, W. A. Bouguereau, Byam Shaw, Theodor Kittelsen, and Konstantin Vasiliev.
There's a 64 and a 256px folder, the latter in case it might be of use in the future. Take the files on the folder named 64 and paste them on C:\Knights of the Chalice 2\Graphics\Tokens\PlayerCharacter

They all have a golden border to distinguish them from NPCs, made using the site recommended by Dickie

edit with samples:
token-1.png
token-5.png
token-12.png

token-19.png
token-29.png
token-39.png

Last edited:

Lilliput McHammersmith

This looks nifty, is Knights of the Chalice I a good time?
Definitely. It looks a lot different than KOTC2 and also lacks the class building depth of KOTC2 but has the benefit of being out for 11 years and is much less buggy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom