Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
If CDPR had any national pride then they would lower the price for polish GoG accounts and polish buyers on GoG to 99 PLN. And even that is too much for what over the years Poland has done for them. But yes CDPR would rather support people who are tearing down the monuments of great polish heroes and spit up on the polish people, because they are white. Their degeneracy will spiral them down the drain and CDPR should be rather respectful to their people, because of the way down they will meet again.

If Poland had any dignity they would lower potato prices for all europeans after what EU has done for them.

norolim

Arcane
I'm trying to analyse the reasons for the difficult situation in Greece since the 2009 crisis. TemplarGR, in comparison to other Greeks living in your country, would you say you are of average intelligence or slightly above average?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I would actually be okay with CP2077 turning out to be a GTA with better combat, rpg elements and meaningful C&C.
GTA5 was a great game when it came to storytelling and immershun. And that is coming from someone who quit GTA4 halfway in, because it was boring as hell and that cliche player character was so unlikeable I wanted to kill myself all the time. And the cousin.

GTA is the Schindler's List Citizen Kane gold standard for open world games with cars. Nothing wrong "copying" that. :obviously:

Machocruz

Arcane
Sci-fi GTA is a fine idea -a Syndicate sequel should have went that route with your squad of Terminators in a large future metropolis- but they didn't need to use Cyberpunk for that. They're shorting the license. At this budget range, that was inevitable. It would take a lot to have a campaign that would also accommodate the Cop, Fixer, Media, etc. I bet Shadowrun on Genesis will windup having the more detailed customization/weapon/implant system. What a shame.

PrettyDeadman

I would actually be okay with CP2077 turning out to be a GTA with better combat, rpg elements and meaningful C&C.
GTA5 was a great game when it came to storytelling and immershun. And that is coming from someone who quit GTA4 halfway in, because it was boring as hell and that cliche player character was so unlikeable I wanted to kill myself all the time. And the cousin.

GTA is the Schindler's List Citizen Kane gold standard for open world games with cars. Nothing wrong "copying" that. :obviously:
DEUS EX AUTO 6: POTATO L.A.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This is nothing like GTA beyond superficial similarities like being open world with usable vehicles and a crime system.

Maybe the online experience will be dumbed down into something akin to GTA but the single player is clearly an RPG.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Imagine what a state Greece is in these days when even Polacks are busting their balls and making fun of them. :)

And just so this post isn't completely off-topic: The melee combat looks extremely clunky and the animations of the enemies (twin martial artists) piss poor. Chronicles of Riddick game back on the original Xbox had better looking fist-fighting for fucks sake. :lol:

Then again, maybe their animation department has gone and put the effort into entirely different kind of "fisting"...

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Cyber shit is real folks.

Dj3C7JDUwAANiO5

Cyberpunk is REAL without CDPRED already.

Is that Putin's new secret "Matryoshka" cyborg with Steven Seagal hiding inside?

It wiould have to be about 2x bigger for present-day Seagal to fit inside.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man, I really don't like the male voice actor... sounds like he is trying too hard to sound like some kind of western character. It's gonna grate on me something hard.

How the dialogue comes off to me.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, I really don't like the male voice actor... sounds like he is trying too hard to sound like some kind of western character. It's gonna grate on me something hard.

How the dialogue comes off to me.
Something to keep in mind about this game, in my advice - embrace the jank, because it's coming, and it won't be gone by December :)

Yosharian

Arcane
Is there any hook to this game besides being a cybernetically enhanced gangbanger? The trailers have left me empty-handed on the story front. :|
The story that you've seen only the first hour of?

I don't mind a critical viewpoint but come on

Gargaune

Magister
You know, whenever I look at these gameplay trailers the only thing that really worries me is the gunplay. It looks a little... floaty. A bit flimsy. Kind of spongy. You get the idea, I hope it doesn't feel that way when playing.

For instance, Fallout 4's shooting is okay... once you mod the everloving shit out of its damage scaling. What I want, what I always want from my shooty-shoot is STALKER, visceral pew-pew with a helping of ballistics, where it only takes a few rounds in either direction. Since that's probably not on the menu, I'll happily settle for something like DX4, its firefights aren't mindblowing but they're pretty solid.

It's so bizarre they fucked this up when there are multiple Deus Ex games out there to serve as an example for how to do cyborg progression in ways that actually change gameplay instead of just percentage shit.
I don't know if the new Deus Ex games are a good example. I only seriously played the original.
Yeah, I don't remember how well DX3 pulled it off anymore, but I'm rolling through Mankind Divided right now and your augmentations selection certainly expands your toolbox. Though in DX4 both skills and augs have been rolled into the latter and we've only been shown CBP's passives, let's see how their implants turn out.

Either way, I'm not a fan of this bullshit school of "invest 3 points in Athletics and unlock the Twisted perk: every time you kill an enemy while it's raining, you have a 69% increased chance to lick your own asshole for 10 seconds." As usual, Deus Ex got it right twenty years ago already - pump your passive Pistol skill, enjoy your improved aiming, recoil and reloading. Clean and effective, JC's firearms training didn't give him some magical, bullet-enhancing hardon every time he brained some poor motherfucker. It's a shame more games don't copy a proven formula.

What I didn't fully realize, is just how much goodwill CD Projekt has on a lot of gaming and computer enthusiast forums. I checked a couple of the forums I used to frequent and they are just loaded with excuses and good vibes, regardless of the second delay...

I haven't followed Cyberpunk all that closely, but is there a general consensus on the Codex, regarding the delays (new consoles, bugs or some other cause)? Also, on a scale of shit to absolute shit, what are current expectations for Cyberpunk? I saw where wall running has been nixed, cutting features at this point doesn't appear all too promising.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
What I didn't fully realize, is just how much goodwill CD Projekt has on a lot of gaming and computer enthusiast forums. I checked a couple of the forums I used to frequent and they are just loaded with excuses and good vibes, regardless of the second delay...

I haven't followed Cyberpunk all that closely, but is there a general consensus on the Codex, regarding the delays (new consoles, bugs or some other cause)? Also, on a scale of shit to absolute shit, what are current expectations for Cyberpunk? I saw where wall running has been nixed, cutting features at this point doesn't appear all too promising.
Delays are a good thing. I don't see why anyone would complain about delays unless they are retarded. I don't think it's going to be a bad game but I don't think it's going to be great either. It will however be the most degenerate game ever made. Even more degenerate than The Last of Us 2.

Harthwain

Magister
As usual, Deus Ex got it right twenty years ago already - pump your passive Pistol skill, enjoy your improved aiming, recoil and reloading. Clean and effective, JC's firearms training didn't give him some magical, bullet-enhancing hardon every time he brained some poor motherfucker. It's a shame more games don't copy a proven formula.
It's even more sad in this case, because in a way Cyberpunk 2020 shares Deus Ex's formula. All you really need to change is replacing the big circle with a natural sway, so you can't land your shots with pinpoint accuracy from get-go.

Zer0wing

Cipher
All you really need to change is replacing the big circle with a natural sway, so you can't land your shots with pinpoint accuracy from get-go.
Fuck sprays, this is not CS 1.6 and not early 00s. Ballistix should be real and spread should be actual spread coming from lack of experience.

mk0

Learned

It's legit criticism, compare any of the three CP2077 trailers to let's say the DX:HR E3 trailer.

Cyberpunk 2077:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution:

Which trailer do you think does the best job at informing you the audience about the overall vision of the game?

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Is there any hook to this game besides being a cybernetically enhanced gangbanger? The trailers have left me empty-handed on the story front. :|

The hook, by definition, is something that should be able to be conveyed to the viewer in a trailer and/or promo of some kind. So yeah, saying that the hook seems lacking is totally valid, even at this point. Maybe there's a great story, but CDP aren't selling it yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom