Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A blue dragonborn warlock with celestial pact and who casts resist, max CON and high CHA + toughtness can survive this Eite Kobold Shamans? I din't played HC because my internet ****. but really wanna see how deep i can go.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
They just posted the DDO Chronicle. If you reply in the thread to the question they ask in the chronicle you have a chance to win 500 ddo points for free. The question for the thread is normally posted below the Guild Hall section in the DDO Chronicle.

Reinhardt

Arcane
A blue dragonborn warlock with celestial pact and who casts resist, max CON and high CHA + toughtness can survive this Eite Kobold Shamans? I din't played HC because my internet ****. but really wanna see how deep i can go.
Problem with them is not that they are scary. Problem is that you don't expect this death.
Fact that you already played to much higher levels and don't know answer for your question is clear illustration - you just never bothered before. They are weak and easy like all xaurips. And then you are ded.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Problem with them is not that they are scary. Problem is that you don't expect this death.
Fact that you already played to much higher levels and don't know answer for your question is clear illustration - you just never bothered before. They are weak and easy like all xaurips. And then you are ded.

You are right.

Anyway, reached lv 5. I an not enjoying this gameplay. I mean, i always pick pact bonus but was trying to min/max my survivability, picking every spell which can increase my survivability, resist energy and summon for tier 1, will pick protect from energy and summon monster III for tier 2 and will pick stoneskin and displacement for tier 3. Once i got with less than half of hp on a elite, i decided to no longer play elite.

And an spending more time planning and reading the wikia than playing the game. When my internet has a little of instability, i an running to a safe place and logging out, so i an playing extremely cautious and doing the same quest until i get only 20% XP.

jungl

Augur
I played game 6 years ago its nothing like dungeon and dragons. CC is king. Trip disables a enemy for 30 seconds. Bard class makes everything other then bosses useless. How armor class is handled is trash. If you can't get a reasonable score you need 18 con minimum whether you a fighter sorcerer etc.

What they should of done for harder difficulties in this game is changed the game into a turn based mode where enemies have initiative and made the game actually tactical. But then you would have all the 8 dex character one shotted by casters and flanked to death by martials. Speed runners getting swarmed and gang raped while their party struggles to catch up.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I stopped playing HC and even deleted my character. I was doing the same mission until end, avoiding anything above hard, and playing like the overly cautious hero. Maybe i can reach lv 20 but i will not have any fun, it is feeling more like a boring consequenceless work rather than a fun thing.

About warlocks, one disappointment that i have is that the melee warlock uses auras instead of Eldritch Glaive. Eldrtich Glaive would be so cool...

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I just find it too stressfull that I could lose hours of time invested in a character in just a few seconds. I'm just sticking to my regular server right now, but after a bit I may hop on my hardcore character and see how far I can make it without playing it super safe.

Speaking of Hardcore saw this earlier:
(Hardcore): Death has claimed another!
Meteorthroww was slain by falling at level 20!
:negative:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Love the Final Fantasy reference in that name. I'm just amazed there are people who can get to level 20 on hardcore. Truly the best players, or people with lots of friends for groups.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Or just extremely cautious and pacient people... If you do the same mission 666 times on normal, eventually, you will level up.

_V_

Scholar
I'm rather astonished, that people (almost) reach lvl 20 on hardcore playing cautiously in the time I need to get from lvl 4 to lvl 8 with a regular character... And I was playing quite a lot...

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
They might be playing with a dedicated group of friends, so they can level up faster doing higher difficulty content. I know before hardcore season 3 started there where a group of four guys that told me they were training and planning for hardcore.

Sykar

Arcane
Bought those adventure packs for 99 points. Finally I can do some quests and not repeat the handful of free to play ones over and over which gets worse the higher level you are. Not even sure if I want to buy the expansions now.

Drelkag

Novice
What content is considered required outside of the expansions on sale? Looking to jump in but not sure how much I want to invest so early.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ok, i started cute human paladin girl on Argonessen. Lvl 2 right now. My patreon - Hempereh Prohtec.

Well, techinically i'm lvl 3, but i don't want to up until i finish first tier of borderlands quests.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
What content is considered required outside of the expansions on sale? Looking to jump in but not sure how much I want to invest so early.
With all the free quests from the coupon code and the two expansions at 99points each you pretty much have 90% of all the game's content. The only thing you need to get is Epic Destinies for when you get past Level 20 and into epic levels. You should be able to purchase Epic Destinies just from the free DDO points you earn from quest favor.
The only thing missing are the last two expansions, but those aren't required. And if you find yourself enjoying the game and getting far enough to reach max level you could ether farm DDO points from quest favor if you have lots of time or wait until they are on sale dirt cheap during Black Friday.
Also, all content including the latest two expansions are available to everyone until August 31, so you can try out the expansion content from Sharn and Ravenloft.

Drelkag

Novice
Thanks for the info. Went ahead and became a VIP just for Half Orc and got the two expansions with my coin allotment.

Was surprised to see the servers are pretty much split equally pop wise outside of Thelanis and the German speaking server.

Yf0qLuZ.png

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Thanks for the info. Went ahead and became a VIP just for Half Orc and got the two expansions with my coin allotment.
If your going half-orc, I recommend going Barbarian and focusing on the Frenzied Berserker and Occult Slayer enhancement trees. Make sure you take the two-handed fighting style feats as you level up. With the new strike-through mechanic for two handed weapons you will be decimating hordes of enemies.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Reached epic level on DDO
kuWQ3gJ.png

Loved DDO WLK, i only miss a invocation called Eldritch Glaive. For those who doesn't know, it was a melee form for eldritch blast which required MELEE touch attack. Since it is a spell leads to attack of opportunity among other problems BUT the trade-off is that you can attack multiple times per round. Was a very high damage/high risky melee invocation. Mainly at higher levels. Melee warlocks are possible on DDO, but are about using eldritch auras and weapons, not eldritch glaive.

Warlocks also combine the at will eldritch power forms from 3.5e with the spell casting capabilities of 2e. And WLK unique spells are deadlier than even P&P. Black Tentacles deals d4 damage and if the enemy fail a save, another d4 + grapple the enemy. It like 5 times per second.In total, it is 5 * d8 * caster level damage.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Only two lvl 3 normal quests left... I'm almost lvl 8...

Maybe i'll go and burn all my platinum on bags so i could continue to sit on lvl 6 until i finish lvl 4 normal, lvl 3 hard and lvl 2 reaper...

Or i could just level up and run everyhing with exp penalty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom