Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been playing CRPGs for over 20 years now. I've played most of the 80s and 90s classics, as well as plenty of newer games from the 00s and 10s. I've played niche and mainstream games. Indies and AAAs. Even some horribly balanced shovelwares.

In all those years and across the hundreds of games I played, none has been as hard as KotC 2.
Yeah, I was thinking this yesterday. This is the only RPG I've ever played that was so hard that I figured I was doing something fundamentally wrong. Four out of five times, it's not even close. It's just a total massacre before my guys get off more than a single attack.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
In the fire area now where I have to fight a big fire elemental and a salamander with only two characters, my gladiator and my wizard. Theoretically it's doable if I use the proper spells, and my gladiator hits often and does decent damage too.

But then the salamander shoots a fireball that deals 40 damage to each of my characters, and both he and the elemental are immune so he can just blast it right into melee, and both of my characters only have 50 HP.

All the encounters have that feeling of "if I do it right, it's possible!" but then the enemies just use a big FUCK YOU spell that insta-wins the fight for them and you gotta reload.

I can't even imagine playing this on ironman. It's madness.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
And it's not just that the enemies have high HP and spells with the potential to instakill you. The environment is also designed to work against you. Every turn your characters take 1-2 points of damage due to the heat, and there's a pool of lava in the middle that will do 15 damage to your characters if they step in, while the enemies are immune to fire damage and will of course try to drag you into it...

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
DO NOT USE Quick save / Quick load at all until it's patched - you will lose all your gold
I think it was his plan to punish save-scummers by leaving them unable to level up their guys. You do this shit in one go or you don't do it at all.

Mortmal

Arcane
And it's not just that the enemies have high HP and spells with the potential to instakill you. The environment is also designed to work against you. Every turn your characters take 1-2 points of damage due to the heat, and there's a pool of lava in the middle that will do 15 damage to your characters if they step in, while the enemies are immune to fire damage and will of course try to drag you into it...
Theres some fire resist items to find around, then again i put them on a +100hp barbarian . I dont think its possible to bring casters in this game .You seen nothing yet , this fight is easy.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I used these for tokens:
https://imgur.com/gallery/Nukv6 ( you have to change their size to 64*64 but that should be really easy )

I'm intrested in felipepepe's tokens
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14jxVJhOwNH12AYa8ANq21aW39N5Ta13r/view?usp=sharing

Replaced all class illustrations and added 36 tokens:

66iH5dE.jpg

Still not 100% satisfied, need to add more portraits for non-human races. Really hard to find good mantis or salamander stuff...
I'm making a codexer version, but I'll need a couple days.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
HeroicFantasyGames.ComCreatorabout 4 hours ago
Hello everyone! :)

Apart from a few people with pledges that are still being processed, everyone should have received their email with the download details by now. You can also have your password be sent to you by going to http://heroicfantasygames.com/DigiVendorPro/download.php?page=resend_password&goresend=1 and pasting your email address there.

My sincere apologies for the bugs! I will fix them all as soon as I can. It's a complex game and this is only the first version, so I don't think it's right to expect a perfect bug-free game right from day one. When I played through the entire game on Vista and Win 10, I had no issues. I can't fix problems if I don't know about them.

Anyway, you can visit the Discord channel to help rank the bugs in priority order, that will help.

A few tips to avoid certain bugs: please play in windowed mode and don't cast spells out of combat (though you can set the automatic casting of out-of-combat spells in the character sheets).

I'll be travelling on 6 and 7 July, so I should be able to start work on a new version of the game from 8 July. I will also try to compile a 64-bit Mac OS version soon.

I'm going to be busy with travel stuff now. Thank you everyone! :)

benzine

Novice

It's not even heat damage, it's force damage :hmmm:

benzine

Novice
My sincere apologies for the bugs! I will fix them all as soon as I can. It's a complex game and this is only the first version, so I don't think it's right to expect a perfect bug-free game right from day one. When I played through the entire game on Vista and Win 10, I had no issues. I can't fix problems if I don't know about them.
[/QUOTE]

:what::deathclaw:
How the hell did he beat the game? We are talking about crashing on basic stuff, like casting out of combat.

Mortmal

Arcane
That chapter 3 fight... 31+ enemies without counting summons , each of them are cr 7 to cr 12 . EACH of them !
My party is 5 adventurers of level 8 . Half of those enemies can cast AOE spells quicksands , fireballs etc... Pierre got some explaining to do seriously.Last time he DM for someone , the group probably put him in a bag and throw him in a river, and now hes back to avenge himself against the world.
yeah you got earthquake and such spells in a crate before but you'll be obliterated before using them.
I'd like to show a screenshot but nohing work for kotc 2.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hello everyone! :)

Apart from a few people with pledges that are still being processed, everyone should have received their email with the download details by now. You can also have your password be sent to you by going to http://heroicfantasygames.com/DigiVendorPro/download.php?page=resend_password&goresend=1 and pasting your email address there.

Anyway, you can visit the Discord channel to help rank the bugs in priority order, that will help.

A few tips to avoid certain bugs: please play in windowed mode and don't cast spells out of combat (though you can set the automatic casting of out-of-combat spells in the character sheets).

I'll be travelling on 6 and 7 July, so I should be able to start work on a new version of the game from 8 July. I will also try to compile a 64-bit Mac OS version soon.

I'm going to be busy with travel stuff now. Thank you everyone! :)
Putting that moolah to good use, I see.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
How the hell did he beat the game? We are talking about crashing on basic stuff, like casting out of combat.
Hell, even stuff like killing enemies or clicking options in dialogues often crashes the game for me. I tried loading the game and putting it in windowed mode as he suggested, and I still can't use a potion of water breathing without it crashing.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
OK so for those of you who needs/wants cheats! yes if you don't like cheats stop reading!
Note that I am not responsible if this fucks your savegame game. ( might need to reinstall if you fuck with it too much )

load your save game, press alt+a ( this will open the module editor )
Press V ( this will open the creature editor )
Pick the option at the bottom right "load creature file"
Press backspace twice to go to your main KOTC folder, then pick the "Saves" folder ( double click ) and then your save folder ( probably the first on the list ) inside you'll find savechar.cml , double click it.
You will now find all your characters and you have the options to edit them (edit selected creature ) change whatever you like - hp, ability scores, feats, spells, level up - whatever. You can even add more companions.
When your done , click save creature file AND MAKE SURE YOU PICK YOUR SAVEGAME FILE AGAIN OR YOU WILL FUCK THE GAME ( press parent directory button twice, saves, yoursave folder, savechar.cml double click confirm )
Press cancel and alt+a again.

Good luck.

benzine

Novice
Hell, even stuff like killing enemies or clicking options in dialogues often crashes the game for me. I tried loading the game and putting it in windowed mode as he suggested, and I still can't use a potion of water breathing without it crashing.

Only advice I can give you is to use the editor :shredder:
Take out whatever checks that's glitching out and then you can proceed :avatard:

Mortmal

Arcane
Windows 10 too and i get ton of area transition crashes,spells out of combat crashes systematically, i am not sure he's completely honest there. Now i am quite disapointed tbh. I launched the module in the editor in case i missed something, but no, theres no other way through.This wont win rpg of the year in this state.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
So fun fact, I decided to check what is inside the pool room and gave my death knight 300 hp , and 18 in all stats so he could clear the room easily. Apparently that wasn't enough cause he still died, I'm going to try with 1000hp now.

Mortmal

Arcane
So fun fact, I decided to check what is inside the pool room and gave my death knight 300 hp , and 18 in all stats so he could clear the room easily. Apparently that wasn't enough cause he still died, I'm going to try with 1000hp now.
Just launch it in editor, theres nothingmore inside just a bit of treasure.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
When I played through the entire game on Vista and Win 10, I had no issues.

Vista and Win 10.

Vista.

I'm still on Windows 7 and refuse to switch to 10, but Vista?

I would understand if he tested on XP even, for backward compatibility with old systems since some people still use XP.

But Vista?

Vista is the one system nobody uses. It's either XP, 7, 8 or 10. Nobody uses Vista. Nobody liked it when it came out, and nobody likes it now.

Never fucking change, Pierre :salute:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
EDIT: Got my link :)

i still haven't gotten my email download link yet... i've gotten all of the previous kickstarter updates so i know it works, but last one was in july 2nd and nothing after.

any way i can contact pierre?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom