Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Kipeci

Arcane
A.

This room is disgusting, cleaning her filthy mind is the best we can do to help her. :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Closing votes and I believe C takes it. Update might take another day or so, but should be out before the weekend is over.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
After thinking about it for a while, I won't be making a full update from the previous choice. The plan was for you to pick which subsequent place to investigate but there's barely enough content leading up to that choice, for certain reasons. I should've incorporated these choices into the previous update from the start, sorry about that. At any rate, please select from the following.

The other places that you can investigate are as follows:

A. The study

B. The kitchen

C. The attic

Since there's no content here to speak of, let's close the votes in 24 hours and try to get an update out sooner.

Also this choice will be the last one for the dream arc. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
C, the attic sounds suitably mysterious.

treave, I hope you're not taking my lack of engagement and DISCUSS as a lack of interest, because it's certainly not that. I'm simply out of my depth and hence I'm keeping my mouth (mostly) shut.
:hmmm:

I hope she doesn't die, then, because of our non-intervention.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No, by lack of content I meant I don't want to put out an update that's just a few sentences of fluff followed by "and this is where you go next", because there's actually not that much to do in this side-quest anyway. The timer for the dream quest runs out with the next update :M:M

Tigranes

Arcane
The AttiC. If this is how it ends, let's see what she's got hidden away in her proverbial closet. In the dreamscape this is where she will stuff away those disavowed thoughts and memories.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The timer for the dream quest runs out with the next update
Well, isn't that ominous.

So we went into a dream and then spent our time making friends with old maids, doing housework, and now presumably searching the attic, without meeting the person of the dream once?

And here I thought we could get a badass dream sequence out of it. Why, Codex? :negative:

Should have bursted through the glass and made a spectacle of ourselves like Lambchop suggested.:M

C. The attic

Fine then. Let's see what skeletons lie in the closet of Sophie's mind. Can we find the source of her revulsion, perhaps? Get a glimpse at a half-forgotten memory? Find out about her being another adopted elf?

Wrinkly really is a voyeuristic pervert. And this better be worth it!

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

C, the attic of course. It's where the things you don't want to think about are. The study will likely jut have everything she's learned information-wise.
Meh, we should have gone where Sophie was. Oh well. I blame the Codex for not alerting me of the update.

Also, allow me to exclaim my shock that beating up and or murdering an old woman was not the correct choice.

Maybe we can salvage this by digging up some of Sophie's secret memories...

I still say this would have been more fun with Doggo's spear though.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Also, allow me to exclaim my shock that beating up and or murdering an old woman was not the correct choice.
But Lambchop, how would you know that unless you try?
thinking.png

...I am curious what were the possible branches/resolutions for this quest. We kinda blew through it without understanding what we were even supposed to do here.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

...I am curious what were the possible branches/resolutions for this quest. We kinda blew through it without understanding what we were even supposed to do here.
Probably:

1) Utterly screw up and fry her brain
2) utterly screw up and make her hate us
3) challenge sir faggot in her mind to a fight and win her heart
4) gain some personally insight into her (she’s a kid, so I’m not hopeful that there will be any great revelation here, but may as well try)

Dramatic entrance at the start would have been best, yeah. Or at least sneaking in and going to the main hall. *sigh*

Regardless, it may not even have been necessary to come here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom