Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh, that's good, if you return after the pool fight to drink from it, then dive back in, there's 3 more giant frogs...

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also:
You could try Aberration domain cleric, apparently the summon is OP, especially if you take augment summoning and summoning mastery feats. Makes the pool fight much more beatable.

Noddy

Augur
Err lads i think i might, maybe, possibly have fixed of it.
I put the latest 32-bit version of msvcp90.dll in my install and have succefully left the underwater cave 5 times in a row without it crashing. It took me literraly 10 tries the first time.
Might be luck. Gonna go experiment.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do some people really fail that easy battle in the western room with the 20 cultists? Just cast sleep Deep Slumber. :smug:

Edit: "Your vision darkens as your party is teleported... crash."

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Reading these last pages, I have gone from being gutted at not receiving my email with the download link, to downloading it and being afraid to even unzip the file.

Pierre, you absolute madlad.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Jasede did you get the new quest after killing the shark shaman? Can you please update if you find the secret treasure in the sewers and what it contains?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Anyone here with hacking experience wanna join me to mod the inventory and char screens? I can do all the design part but have no idea how to crack it open.

Do some people really fail that easy battle in the western room with the 20 cultists? Just cast sleep Deep Slumber. :smug:

Edit: "Your vision darkens as your party is teleported... crash."
I found Web to be far more useful since the most important foes in there pass the check against sleep 99% of the time. What makes the real difference is whether you get to kill the fucker that can summon the tentacle-rape-monster before he does.

Fucking game's worse than crack, I wanna put it down for a couple of weeks until its issues are sorted out but I keep opening it back again.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I am not sure where I can see my quests, but I did decode the scroll and will look for the treasure.
Can someone tell me what you get through the Small Stature/Shrink check? I don't have any small races and no arcane casters so I couldn't explore down there, in the pool.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I only had crashes twice: once when trying to open the first portcullis right after creating my characters and starting the module. Then when I try to use healing spells out of combat as the first action after loading (it works without a crash if I do other things beforehand).

Latro

Arcane
Not so sure how I feel about Samurais yet.
I have a half-giant samurai mopping up everything. Fighter doesn't seem too hot to me, I made a Centaur fighter to charge people for fun, but even with Max Dex + Improved Init. he only gets to do it 1/3rd of the time, and he misses the charge too :D

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I am running

Dwarf Samurai
Centaur Fighter
Mantis Gladiator
Half-Salamander Monk
Elf Rogue
Human Cleric

I have to agree that the Centaur charge isn't worth it. I might restart and replace the Centaur Fighter with a Wizard of some kind.

Latro

Arcane
I am running

Dwarf Samurai
Centaur Fighter
Mantis Gladiator
Half-Salamander Monk
Elf Rogue
Human Cleric

I have to agree that the Centaur charge isn't worth it. I might restart and replace the Centaur Fighter with a Wizard of some kind.
Rogue also seems lackluster, I might replace fighter + rogue with gladiator and ranger.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I am not sure where I can see my quests, but I did decode the scroll and will look for the treasure.
Can someone tell me what you get through the Small Stature/Shrink check? I don't have any small races and no arcane casters so I couldn't explore down there, in the pool.
I'm trying to get down there with a small guy, but it keeps crashing. Out of 20 attempts to go in the pool across my plays, I think 3 have succeeded without crashing.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Kill the ratmen and take their (awesome) loot or be friendly and get 2 rest spots? :thinking:

Edit: what the fuck are these fights

Last edited:

cruelio

Savant
Oh this is one of those CRPGs that comes with premade characters I would never use unless someone held a gun to my head. Okay I'll spend two minutes deleting them because there's a ton for some reason and you can't select or delete them all at once. Okay finished making a character but it's late, time for bed. Okay back up lets finish making my party. Oh. All the premades I deleted are back. And the character I spent ten minutes rolling die for is gone. Nice game, Pierre! I'd ask for a refund, but I'm afraid you'd give it to me in roots.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I'm trying to get down there with a small guy, but it keeps crashing. Out of 20 attempts to go in the pool across my plays, I think 3 have succeeded without crashing.
Got it finally.
A choice between a Trident, Cuirass, or Diamond.

I took the (+1 shocking) Trident and it had a simple riddle to solve that made it do damage as if one size category larger (2d6) and add +5 HP.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
WHAT THE FUCK PIERRE

I finally finished the fire cave fight. It was tough. Managed to luck out by casting web on the salamander, running away, defeating the fire elemental with my hasted gladiator first, then letting the salamander approach us, and I finished it off with 10 HP remaining on both chars.

Then I get the stuff I need, and when I wanna climb back down the ladder... MY LEAD CHARACTER HAS TO TAKE FALL DAMAGE

WHAT THE FUCK
AFTER A TOUGH FIGHT THAT DRAINS MOST OF YOUR HEALTH, IN A CAVE WHERE EVERY SINGLE TURN DEALS HEAT DAMAGE, YOU GOTTA TAKE MORE DAMAGE WHEN YOU GET OUT

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
How in the everliving fuck am I going to defeat 5 mimics, an iron golem and an animated portcullis? Oh, or I can go fight 40 goblins that throw webs and fireballs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom