Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-com TFTD (The World of Terrifying Silence mod) [Stream/Video]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Started to stream casually for fun. I have recorded/streamed two episodes so far, but then it hit me that maybe some Codexers want in on the action as aquanauts.
---

olIxtFk.gif

News from the front

The invasion is now 3 months old. X-com have two bases up and running to face the alien threat but the bank is worryingly showing empty. Financing will hit crisis level soon if X-com™ don't find a way out of this slump. All countries, syndicates and other ruling organisations [that controls this futuristic dystopia] have been pleased with X-com and financing have been increased accordingly, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Skirmishes that have taken place around the globe have mostly been against weird human mutant hybrids and human terrorists. Many are starting to wonder if this is actually the job of X-com, and not the job for local governments. Casualty rate have been very tolerable. Only one man have lost his life to the alien menace so far. He fell to what the X-com scientists are calling a "Gill man". He was shot with some kind of weapon projectile technology humanity have never seen before - it's called "shard pistol" (there is also a rifle kind). This weapon seem to have high penetration value since it easily cut through top of the line aquatic heavy armor like butter. It is considered very dangerous!

kZlbkT2.png

Ps. No schedule. No meta-gaming, it goes as it goes (with probably a lot of casualties) and no, I'm not a furry. It was either the cat, or anime avatar... or well nothing, so I went for the
cat.gif
And here is the mod link!

iVboT6e.png

X-com HQ command waiting for orders.

---------------------------

RNW60jG.png

If you wanna join just tell me here or on the stream.

M=Missions, K=Kills, W=Wounded

• Kutulu - [M14:K7:W3]
  • Cholo - [M3:K0:W0]
  • Cholo II - [M5:K4:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Cholo III - [M2:K2:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Cholo IV - [M1:K1:W0]
    npkwFez.png

• Cholo V - [M0:K0:W0]
  • Azira - [M3:K2:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Azira II - [M7:K3:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Azira III - [M5:K5:W0]
  • Comte - [M3:K0:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Comte II - [M9:K1:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Comte III - [M4:K1:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Comte IV - [M1:K1:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Comte V - [M0:K0:W0]
  • Helly - [M3:K1:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Helly II - [M10:K1:W1]
  • Strange Fellow - [M2:K1:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Strange Fellow II - [M8:K4:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Strange Fellow III - [M4:K3:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Strange Fellow IV - [M5:K1:W0]
  • Chaosdwarft - [M3:K1:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Chaosdwarft II - [M3:K0:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Chaosdwarft III - [M4:K1:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Chaosdwarft IV - [M3:K3:W0]
    npkwFez.png

• Chaosdwarft V - [M0:K0:W0]
  • Jinn - [M7:K7:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Jinn II - [M1:K2:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Jinn III - [M4:K3:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Jinn IV - [M1:K0:W0]
    npkwFez.png

• Jinn V - [M0:K0:W0]
  • Jonathan "Zee Cat - [M10:K6:W1]
  • Zombra - [M4:K3:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Zombra II - [M13:K5:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Zombra III - [M4:K2:W0]
  • Jimmious - [M9:K4:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Jimmious II - [M0:K0:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Jimmious III - [M0:K0:W0]
  • baud - [M6:K1:W1]
  • MediantSamuel - [M9:K21:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • MediantSamuel II - [M2:K0:W0]
  • Storyfag - [M4:K3:W0]
    npkwFez.png
  • Storyfag II - [M2:K1:W0]
  • normie - [M3:K0:W0]
  • MoistCloister - [M0:K0:W0]
  • Commissar Draco - [M0:K0:W0]
  • Demo.Graph - [M0:K0:W0]
  • Falksi - [M0:K0:W0]
Updated: 20-07-09

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Err, fighting the Aliens under the orders of ALIENMAN ?

Come on. Something there is definitely...

... fishy.

Dude, I wish I was fighting for the aliens. This last session... DISASTER was written all over it. It's so typical X-com, bring you in its warm embrace, then unleash hell on you in form of ship missions, night terror sites and aliens with massive armor that your puny weapons can't penetrate. Score is at rock bottom already, I hope I can recover!
----

olIxtFk.gif

News from the front

After a string of successful missions X-com has been hit with setback after setback. The first setback came in form of an alien ground attack in Panama, specifically the port. It was a disaster from the get go. X-com forces were forced to deploy from the air in total darkness. After flares was thrown out to light up the area, the X-com agents stepped right into an alien ambush. One soldier was instantly hit and killed. The commander decided early that there were no chance of success so the decision was made to retreat from the skirmish area - which in turn left the civilians in the hands of the aliens. 16 civilians was killed in the massacre. After this setback X-com had to defend a cruise ship from invading aliens (aka, the naga and some kind of [perplexing enough] human "zombies"). It started out with both sides taking equal casualties, but after a pitch battle X-com manage to come out on top. What they didn't realize at the time was that half of the alien crew was hidden below deck. When that came to light the commander decided to abort the mission and to sink the ship from air. Many civilians lives was lost in the battle. When the commander was asked about his opinion on the mission outcome he considered it a win. The third setback came in form of a routine investigation mission in the sea. There X-com stumbled upon a new kind of heavily armored alien that seemingly seemed to be immune to damage from X-com weaponry. After taking two casualties the commander decided to abort the mission.

What followed all this was a highly traitorous act! Euro-Syndicate decided to leave X-com and humanity behind and signed some kind of peace treatment with the aliens. What this entails the future will have to answer, but X-com have now no obligation to defend the Euro-Syndicate from the alien forces. But all is not lost! The best of X-com's scientists have researched a new kind of ammo for our troops under the sea! A heavy clip for the regular harpoon rifle that has a much higher penetration value. This should put the fear back into the aliens!
----

Recorded cam footage from the combat can be found here:

For when the X-com live feed is down.

WwPejzN.png

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Don't let me die, commander. Sign me up.

I'll be looking out for your streams!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Yeah, take me into the grinder.
Not going to watch a vidya LP, but heck, feel free to use my name as fodder for the fishmen.

Don't worry, will follow up with a news report after each stream and you can check your stats in the first post.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
dcu4hUL.png

Will start a stream in 20-30 minutes or so if nothing comes up. Good luck men, this is going to be rough! Will update this post with news from the front afterwards.
----

olIxtFk.gif

News from the front

The cult of Sirius attacked a cargo ship on the western coast of Africa, and once again X-com had to be called in since the local government forces were unable to contain the threat. X-com inserted at night and skillfully dispatched the enemy forces. A small amount of civilian causalities was reported - with one irregularity. One of the civilian corpses strangely showed wounds based on X-com weaponry. We reached out for a comment from the X-com commander but the commander hasn't responded yet.

On the 24th of May X-com got to test out their brand new sea & land based heavy transport; the Triton. They can now insert aquanauts with the protection of heavy armor. No longer does aquanauts have to be dropped from the air into dangerous missions with no shielding - so this is a real life changer for our boys and girls on the ground (and seafloor)! The mission itself was fairly routine. Something of a basic "bug hunt" like the aquanauts like to call it.

HPEjAlX.png

As we know X-com scientists are doing a great job and technology is rushing forward like there is no tomorrow - so it's no surprise that our boys in blue armor managed to shoot down their first USO. It was classified by X-com as "small", but regardless of size we have finally taken the fight to the aliens in the sea! The missions itself was described by our correspondent as "dark and spooky". X-com took home the price of an semi-intact USO and other technological wonders but it was not without a cost. One casualty was reported.
-----

Codex squad did great! Standouts were Zombra and Jonathan "Zee Cat that both manage to kill 3 aliens each. Unfortunately Strange Fellow got blown up by a grenade. He managed to kill one alien before his demise. We scraped up what was left of him and placed the remains in the cloning facility.

Also Kutulu was wounded for the second time. Not sure if lucky or unlucky :)

PYYWtvz.jpg

T8YUznL.jpg

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't really go for watching streams, but I was sitting here and figured I'd throw it on to see how things went. First thing I see:

yuge explosion

screams

"Oh, Strange Fellow, no!"

10/10

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
5jZ8swY.jpg

Time for another mission. I will be on in about 20 minutes. Good luck men! (News from the front afterwards).
----

olIxtFk.gif

News from the front

Not unexpectedly the aliens decided to attack another cruise-ship in the Atlantic. X-com was quick to respond, and according to the commander he considered his forces much more prepared than last time. But as many times before in military history being prepared is only half the battle. X-com carefully dropped in on the deck but quickly came under fire from aliens positioned above them. 3 casualties were reported from this initial skirmish. It was surely not a good sign, but the commander decided to press on. X-com managed to take control over the situation but the battle was far from over.

1MScDrP.png

Close encounter with an alien - maintain distance at all costs!

The aliens were scattered all over the ship going from cabin to cabin hunting down civilians and preparing ambushes for our men in blue armor, which unfortunately succeeded in many cases. Close quarter fighting has always been dangerous, and this incident proved no different. Many aquanauts from the squad called "Codex" had to give up their lives to protect the rest of us. X-com eventually managed to secure the upper deck, but once again too many casualties had been sustained to be able to clear the cargo area. They were forced to sink the ship from air. What later followed was plenty of underwater USO dog-fighting. X-com came out on top of all incidents, and in one occasion they even managed to capture an intact USO that had landed. Many artifacts were captured in these engagements which will help the fight against the aliens. New technology was deployed on these missions. A small light drone called Shrimp was one of these wonders. Very cute but also very useful with its hand held sonar and heavy armor. X-com had the interesting idea of giving the small drone a knife, which also turned out to be helpful since it actually manage to stab a couple of creepers. The main role will serve as scouting and catch enemy fire. A new alien life form was also discovered, some kind of large mutated polyp. It is considered very resilient and dangerous. It spits some kind of acid that explodes on impact, and it takes several heavy packages of explosives to kill it. X-com recommend all military personal to avoid it at all costs. They are painstakingly annoying to take out and provide very little in the way of resources.

Our scientists made huge progress after dissecting an alien corpse. They discovered a new type of material that our men can use as armor. Research is now underway to prototype an armor out of what they call "Aqua plastics". It is supposed to be harder and lighter than titanium.

gQRF2iV.png

Our boys in white researching new exciting stuff!

----

We started out with a horrible mission! Terror mission at sea, and in the mod it's no different than from the original. Which means it lands on hellish tier. Lots of Codexers died sadly, and the clone machine has been working overtime. Some notable deaths were Jinn and Zombra . Not that I don't mourn you other guys... since it creates an headache when it comes to the stats :P

06fMBAB.png

R.I.P

Everyone has been cloned, and what is interesting here is that the clone of Strange Fellow is performing much better. Probably some of that extra refined DNA doing its thing. Jonathan "Zee Cat got wounded but survived. He will be wounded for a long time, but overall his performance has been excellent. Jimmious also had his debut - with surviving 5 missions and scoring 3 kills. Impressive. Stats can be found on the first post.

Ujv5fxI.jpg

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I volunteer to be cannon fodder! Good luck commander

Edit: Thank you Zombra. In French it's the same spelling for cannon and canon and I never realized it was different in English

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
EprQuTv.png

More underwater horror incoming. Will be on in 30 minutes or so. News from the front will follow. Good luck everyone, let's let the cloning machine rest today.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
olIxtFk.gif

News from the front

The evil cult of Sirius decided to once again attack a cruise ship, this time in the Indian ocean. With local forces being held up with unrest by alien sympathizers it was up to X-com to try to free the civilian hostages and eliminate the threat.

Jg25wRo.png

A group of armed pirates (cult of Sirius) attacking a cargo ship with the intent of killings its crew

With the Triton landed on deck the terrorist tried to put up resistance but were swiftly shut down by expert veterans of X-com. Unfortunately they managed to murder 6 civilians - 4 crew members was saved from certain death. We are trying to understand why certain people among us decide to side with the aliens, but so far it's all a mystery. Could it be some kind of mincontrol? X-com has no answers either, except answering the call when needed. We are hoping this will come to an end soon since it takes valuable resources and time from our brave heroes in X-com already busy fighting the alien threat!

VZwCRQn.png

Do not listen to this man! He wants you dead or to become a slave to the aliens

The USO war has turned out to be more difficult than it initially seemed to be - like so much else when it comes to the alien conflict. The aliens have stepped up their production of USO fighters and seem to now be dedicated to hunt down all X-com crafts. While X-com can put up a fight, it is starting to take its toll. The drones and Seamaster ships equipped with D.U.P's are not strong enough to face the threat directly. Finances are also running low since more and more nations have signed the traitorous "peace deal" with the aliens. X-com scientists and technicians are scrambling to come up with new solutions but they are swamped in projects already - as the focus is on protection and weaponry for the on-the-ground troopers. The culprit for the increased activity of USO's is an alien base that was found in the sea west of Scotland. Conventional forces have tried to destroy it with submarines and airplanes, but it has been hard, having with no real effect. Euro-Syndicate is partly to blame for this, since the pact they made with the aliens they have been hindering Nato forces to take action. So why hasn't X-com decided to intervene? The answer is simple. They are not ready according to our insider. They, like the rest of us have no knowledge about its interior or outside defenses and have decided to wait for better information and equipment before acting.

Between routine missions like crashed USO fighters - X-com sonar picked up something very interesting. On the first of July they found an alien communications site in the Atlantic. Nobody knew at the time what this entailed, but at the risk of lives X-com decided to act and investigate. What the Triton discovered before landing was strange underwater pyramids with one pyramid larger than the others - what looked to indicate some kind of entry point to this mysterious facility. The usual chaos ensued when the aquanauts scrambled out of the craft with fighting going off to the left and right. While the skirmish went well initially new kind of aliens were spotted and engaged. A man sized bi-pedal sea-horse-like creature that can operate weapons normally, and some kind of floating brain. Both very resilient to any kind of damage. It took the men several grenades and weapon fire to bring them down - one aquanaut even rush forward and stabbed the floating brain with his knife finally killing it in desperation. With things not looking great considering the causalities already taken X-com decided at the time to press on regardless. They made it to some kind of elevator and went further down into the terrifying alien construction. In there they got overrun by floating tentacle creatures. Video footage (too upsetting to show here) show that when these tentacle things grab hold of you they quickly make their way into the brain of their victim and transforms them into a mindless husks - a zombie if you like. The few survivors retreated to the Triton and escaped. While the mission itself was a failure, the information provided was invaluable.

zkJhtkP.png

Camera footage from the Triton showing strange looking underwater pyramids

Some good news at least - X-com managed to detect and follow a medium sized USO. The Triton made fast pursuit and managed to kill all its crew and capture a lot of equipment - all very valuable both for the science team and the actual finances for X-com since the market screams for alien artifacts. Remember dear reader, while we are under attack and casualties mounting, we are still making progress, even if at this time it could be seen as small. But don't fret, we will make it through this!
---

Ooof. Rough month this. While having a few successful missions this campaign is starting to look grim. What is new here from the normal game is that enemy bases have fighters that search for any X-com crafts. While at the same time, X-com (at least at this current moment) have no good ships of her own. I think I have lost 3-4 fighters already and it's costing a lot. Finances is in the shitter currently!

When it comes to Codex squad, well what can I say. The alien pyramid base was brutal. I think it started fairly well, even if the aliens on the outside were really tough to kill. But the interior mission - oh Jesus. Tentacle creatures all over the place, and apparently they are immune to any kind of damage. Lots of you guys died, and some of you are already on the third clone :)

Standouts are MediantSamuel with 7 kills on 5 missions. A gascannon expert in the making!

OmgJ3cL.jpg

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
I survived!... by getting shot in the previous mission and thanks to that Hard Suit you gave me

Yeah, was a lucky call. I'm hoping to get everyone in aqua plastic armor but it takes forever to make.

Ready for battle!

I have to change your name to Storyman, hope that is okay. I don't mind the name, but Twitch/Youtube might.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
7yFrJb6.png

While I don't have too much hope for us, it's time to continue. Will be on in about 30 minutes. News report will follow as usual.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom