Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Lilliput McHammersmith

Man, if you side with the Grey Goblins you get approximately 60k in gold rewards. I was able to level up my party multiple times. Too bad two of them are dead....

But how the hell can you survive all that crap?

EDIT: Oh wait you lost two people, death at this point is unacceptable.
At one point I had a Raise Dead scroll. I’ve been all over the map looking for one, but I’m tempted to just drop a couple of them using the editor...

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess I could try the battle again on the grey side, use my last campfire with the rats and try some of those scrolls I've got and just hope to God I win AND the battle doesn't fuck up.

This game is a complete mess, why can't I stop playing it?!

Mortmal

Arcane
What's the most obvious tactic versus a big spellcasting efreet? You surround her and try to beat her down in melee, right?

WRONG

SHE HAS A FUCKING WHIRLWIND ATTACK TOO WITH WHICH SHE JUST KNOCKED OUT MY ENTIRE PARTY IN A SINGLE MOVE

OH AND I CAN'T TRIP HER EITHER BECAUSE HER SIZE IS TOO BIG FOR THAT HAHA

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Stay far away and use the scrolls found in the lava room chest, huge ice elemental, cone of cold etc...

Lilliput McHammersmith

I guess I could try the battle again on the grey side, use my last campfire with the rats and try some of those scrolls I've got and just hope to God I win AND the battle doesn't fuck up.

This game is a complete mess, why can't I stop playing it?!
Also the Grey Goblins have free unlimited rests in their lair.

cruelio

Savant
Uhh... my game isn't saving or recognizing my custom characters? Or recognizing that I deleted all the premade ones? If I start a game with all customs, I can't see them in the formation screen and the game choices don't recognize the races/abilities I have in the party. Nice game! Maybe I'll uninstall and reinstall in the default location?
UPDATE: nope! installing the game in the default directory still does not let me use custom characters! What a fucking turd this game is!

cruelio

Savant
This dumbshit Pierre released this game with this awesome bug and is now just going to fuck off travelling for a while. Indie devs have come a long way to replicate the experience of buying an Obsidian or Bethesda or Paradox game on release.

cruelio

Savant
"My sincere apologies for the bugs! I will fix them all as soon as I can. It's a complex game and this is only the first version, so I don't think it's right to expect a perfect bug-free game right from day one. When I played through the entire game on Vista and Win 10, I had no issues. I can't fix problems if I don't know about them."

Wow! How weird that this statement didn't make it into the Kickstarter description, and only now we find out Pierre doesn't think we're entitled to a game that you can MAKE CUSTOM PARTY MEMBERS FOR on a 1.00 release! Time to figure out if there's a way to get a refund for a kickstarter.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
"My sincere apologies for the bugs! I will fix them all as soon as I can. It's a complex game and this is only the first version, so I don't think it's right to expect a perfect bug-free game right from day one. When I played through the entire game on Vista and Win 10, I had no issues. I can't fix problems if I don't know about them."

Wow! How weird that this statement didn't make it into the Kickstarter description, and only now we find out Pierre doesn't think we're entitled to a game that you can MAKE CUSTOM PARTY MEMBERS FOR on a 1.00 release! Time to figure out if there's a way to get a refund for a kickstarter.

Eh, quit your bitching. Most Kickstarters don't let you see jack for at least a year or several after they finish. This one basically has a beta release ready to go. If you figured it'd be polished and amazing on day one launching from a team of one with a budget of not starving to death due to roots, I don't know what you're smoking. If you just wanted a preorder, you should've waited for it to hit a store front.

cruelio

Savant

Eh, quit your bitching. Most Kickstarters don't let you see jack for at least a year or several after they finish. This one basically has a beta release ready to go. If you figured it'd be polished and amazing on day one launching from a team of one with a budget of not starving to death due to roots, I don't know what you're smoking. If you just wanted a preorder, you should've waited for it to hit a store front.
That would have been great if that's what the Kickstarter says. Instead it says this: "Risks & Challenges: "KotC 2 Augury of Chaos already exists as a full game for Windows and Mac OS, so there isn't any risk in that respect." Pretty far cry from "making games is hard! you can't expect no bugs on release!" If these weren't game breaking bugs I'd be more lenient, but... they are. And they're apparent by just playing the game.

mediocrepoet

Patron

That would have been great if that's what the Kickstarter says. Instead it says this: "Risks & Challenges: "KotC 2 Augury of Chaos already exists as a full game for Windows and Mac OS, so there isn't any risk in that respect." Pretty far cry from "making games is hard! you can't expect no bugs on release!" If these weren't game breaking bugs I'd be more lenient, but... they are. And they're apparent by just playing the game.

It exists as a full game. You apparently played it. It's why you're complaining. It didn't say it would be bug free, etc. Yes, they're major bugs and balance issues to put it mildly, but to figure it'd be some pristine release with no one else to test is just retarded.

Lilliput McHammersmith

So much anger. Dude pretty much everyone in this thread has made custom characters and has been playing. Yes, there are tons of bugs, but your anger seems a bit misplaced.

cruelio

Savant

It exists as a full game. You apparently played it. It's why you're complaining. It didn't say it would be bug free, etc. Yes, they're major bugs and balance issues to put it mildly, but to figure it'd be some pristine release with no one else to test is just retarded.
It's not a full game. Because I can't use any custom party members. And even if I were to play with premades, I can't do things like "cast out of combat" or "transition scenes" without dodging crashes.

How cucked are you to excuse this?

mediocrepoet

Patron

It's not a full game. Because I can't use any custom party members. And even if I were to play with premades, I can't do things like "cast out of combat" or "transition scenes" without dodging crashes.

Didn't have the same issues with chargen or the game retaining characters. Made a party. Saw some bugs. Did things other than play a game I didn't figure would be in a good state for months. How moronic are you to figure everyone has the same issues? At this point, I assume at least part of what you're experiencing is PEBKAC and that you should probably log off the internet before you drown in your own tears.

cruelio

Savant

Didn't have the same issues with chargen or the game retaining characters. Made a party. Saw some bugs. Did things other than play a game I didn't figure would be in a good state for months. How moronic are you to figure everyone has the same issues? At this point, I assume at least part of what you're experiencing is PEBKAC and that you should probably log off the internet before you drown in your own tears.
Go to the kickstarter and read this very thread and find plenty of people having the same issues. It's 2020 and cucks still post "Works on My Machine (TM)" to feel good about getting ripped off. Pathetic.

curds

Magister
While I think cruelio's tone is over the top, I do agree with him. We were led to believe that Pierre had a finished product already. This is barely an alpha IMO, for me personally the game is unplayable as I can't load saves without crashing. Yes bugs should be expected on release, but KotC2 is a mess right now.

mediocrepoet

Patron
While I think cruelio's tone is over the top, I do agree with him. We were led to believe that Pierre had a finished product already. This is barely an alpha IMO, for me personally the game is unplayable as I can't load saves without crashing. Yes bugs should be expected on release, but KotC2 is a mess right now.

I agree with the last part of the statement.
The rest, I'm inclined to believe that given that everyone's issues are slightly different, it actually does work on his system. The problem is that he can only have so many computers. I suspect he has two, since he listed two OSes he tested on. Naturally, this doesn't expand well on public release.

Other than that, some of the balance issues may be at least partially due to the homebrew munchkin rule structure he set up (classes, abilities, etc.), and workable by using some of the more broken classes and abilities as others figure out what they are.

I guess I just can't get bent out of shape over not spending my weekend playing one game over another, or doing something else. Besides, I supported a project based on the strength of KotC which was a far less ambitious game and ended on version 1.36 over a long period of time. What I've seen so far from KotC2 looks promising. I'm not disappointed yet, I probably just won't spend much time on it until some of the larger issues get sorted out. There's no point in doing so since the issues have already been reported multiple times, so he's aware of them.

It's summer, go outside. Buy something on the Steam sale. Play your backlog of other Kickstarted whatever. Meh.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

Go to the kickstarter and read this very thread and find plenty of people having the same issues. It's 2020 and cucks still post "Works on My Machine (TM)" to feel good about getting ripped off. Pathetic.

PM me somewhere I send you money and I will buy your copy of the game and gift it to a man, you sniveling cunt.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Reading these last pages, I have gone from being gutted at not receiving my email with the download link, to downloading it and being afraid to even unzip the file.

Pierre, you absolute madlad.
Hey! He actually sent out mails or PMs to everyone but you. He tried to, but he hasn't got your mail. I'm serious, by the way.

I've just added your details into the customer database (also added everyone else from the Codex, except Shackleton because I don't have his email address).
You should contact him. I resolved my issues via PM, here.

I phrased my post a bit ambiguously. I have the email and DL link now, but as I backed on Codex it took a bit longer than the Kickstarter backers. Not sure why Pierre thinks he's not got my email, he's set me up and emailed me ok yesterday morning.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Has anyone gotten it to install on any version of macOS post-Sierra? I had it install on Yosemite, but basically nothing else runs on Yosemite

almondblight

Arcane
Has anyone gotten it to install on any version of macOS post-Sierra? I had it install on Yosemite, but basically nothing else runs on Yosemite

Pierre mentioned he was going to work on a 64 bit version that could run on modern versions of macOS. But judging by the KS comments I wouldn't try installing it on any Mac until the bugs are ironed out, since it looks like it screws up system libraries.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Since saving custom characters certainly has something to do with saving data to the hard disk we can make some guesses as to what is the cause.

- when I started the game the firewall prevented it from running because it isn't signed or whatever, make sure your antivirus/firewall/other security program doesn't prevent the game from writing data to HD
- could be a permission issue as in the folder you installed it to has no write permissions (for your user), to make sure install the game to a custom folder (in my case C:\Games\Knights of the Chalice 2) and make sure in the folder properties that the folder isn't read-only. You could also make your current user the owner of that folder to circumvent most of the win10 related permission crap. Another try might be to run Kotc2.exe as administrator.

overly excitable young man

Damn are you guys far up Pierres ass.
If you have PCs with AC 30 and 4 attacks on low level and still getting destroyed this might be a sign that there's more wrong with the game than just bugs.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
That's why everyone has been bringing up the ballinse issues as well, illiterate shitbrain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom