Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prisonscape Alpha - thread

GarlandExCon

Arcane
RG7dhNQ.png

Any comments on this character screen? I added the party to the bottom part. There are currently 10 skills in the game, so unfortunately I couldn't fit them in the middle part. The right section is used for description of skills, stats and party members.

I was thinking that after NPC joins the party, they would disappear from the map and the interaction would happen through this screen. They could still give you "hustles" (quests) and you could initiate normal dialogue with them, you'd just do it from this screen. This could maybe create this illusion of hanging around together, but still being individuals with their own motivations and opinions on things.

I'm not kidding when I say that kinda looks like me lol

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Yeah, that seems like an overkill for the skills, compared to other parts of the UI.
Do you really need these four heads in the character UI anyway? Can't you have them discretely show in some corner on the main exploration window and talk to them there?

I thought about adding the party to this screen, because otherwise there would be too much space for just the skills.

By the way, we'll do a live streaming session of the game and at the same time discuss life in real prison. It's like a game session/podcast. It would also be nice to have a chat with a hardcore RPG expert, so if you're interested in joining us (Saturday 4PM Greenwich time), please let me know.

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
Yeah, that seems like an overkill for the skills, compared to other parts of the UI.
Do you really need these four heads in the character UI anyway? Can't you have them discretely show in some corner on the main exploration window and talk to them there?

I thought about adding the party to this screen, because otherwise there would be too much space for just the skills.

By the way, we'll do a live streaming session of the game and at the same time discuss life in real prison. It's like a game session/podcast. It would also be nice to have a chat with a hardcore RPG expert, so if you're interested in joining us (Saturday 4PM Greenwich time), please let me know.
Hey, sorry for not replying, I'm finishing my dissertation, so it slipped my mind completely. I wouldn't have been able to participate - and wouldn't exactly call myself a "hardcore RPG expert" anyway.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
We've been working hard lately! Alpha 12 release is close, and we also started working on a new cover image:

Y1hyMTb.jpg

The guy looks like a manlet/mongol hybrid, but we're working on that. This is just a very early concept image. We got the inspiration from Hindu god of war, Durga (with a little genderbendering, isn't that the fashionable thing to do these days?).

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Alpha 12 is about to be released, probably next week. Development has been a bit slow this week, as I had my first baby on Wednesday.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Alpha 12 released!

NOTE: Release notes might contain spoilers!

Features

Implement random encounters and loot
Implement combat resolution
Add skill training to level up
Implement trading via NPC

Tasks

Remove weekly menu
Give combat abilities to player after level up
Remove quest objectives from journal
Add reputation increase/decrease to dialogue
Add possibility to give multiple items to NPC and player
Calculate player health after level up
Design with job rewards
Create more NPC animations

Editor

Add texture file generation option
Add atlas generation option
Add camera center option to combat levels

Smerlus

Educated
I thought it looked pretty creative. I could see some people getting aroused by the cum gutters

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Prisonscape Alpha 13 is out!

https://www.prisonscape.com/blog/?p=826

NOTE: Release notes might contain spoilers!

Features

Implement POI, door and container logic
Implement levers

Tasks

Allow player to decrease alert level
Add new debug console commands
Implement NPC min and max health
Implement helper function for removing all items from inventory
Add restoreHealth() to dialogue options and PlayerAPI
Add experience values to NPCs
Complete Riot quest pipeline
Add NPC faiths/resolutions
Complete Sewers quest pipeline

Editor

Change level image export dimensions to 32×32
Add “Exit” option under File menu

Skdursh

Savant
How does someone even get access to this game anyway? I can't find a download link or even anywhere on the site to actually buy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom