Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Slavery in RPGs

Drikaukal

What games do you know that depict slavery in any form, with the protagonist or some companion being a slave(s), or with you interacting with slaves? Did you think it was well depicted?
(Lets try to keep the political war to a minimun. I know, it wont happen.)

Wunderbar

Arcane
Fallout 2.
There are slavers faction. You can fight them, you can join them, you can sell your companion into slavery. You can even sell your spouse.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I liked this one:

Any game where you've got gladiators is a game that involves slavery.

Fallout 2.
My GOD this answer has been OVERDONE a gazillion times. It's like the only game you ever played or something? Are you even bringing anything to the conversation? It's like barging in with a fart. Get out of here.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Dak'kon in PS:T and Gar in Arcanum.

Also:

01.jpg

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Morrowind, with "beast races" (Khajit and Argonians) being slave meterial for the Dark Elves.
I thought it was done quite well, and the "It has no master?" line is quite memorable,

Wunderbar

Arcane
Fallout 2.
My GOD this answer has been OVERDONE a gazillion times. It's like the only game you ever played or something? Are you even bringing anything to the conversation? It's like barging in with a fart. Get out of here.
fallout 2, morrowind, kenshi, pst, dark sun shattered lands - there aren't many rpgs with slavery, and if OP was aware of them he would've mentioned something like "i know about these games so don't post about them". OP did not mention these games, so fuck off.

overly excitable young man

In Gothic 3 the Orcs enslaved the vast majority of the humans in Myrtana.
You can work for the Orcs and kill or bring back freed slaves.

Everytime when Drow are around there ought to be slaves like in BG 2 or Hordes of the Underdark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drikaukal

Fallout 2.
fallout 2, morrowind, kenshi, pst, dark sun shattered lands - there aren't many rpgs with slavery, and if OP was aware of them he would've mentioned something like "i know about these games so don't post about them". OP did not mention these games, so fuck off.
I am aware of some of them, like Fallout 2 and Morrowind. But its always nice to see the chat.

Erikkolai

Learned
In Risen 2 there's a bunch of black slaves working the fields of a sugar plantation (owned by the all-white Inquisition) on Tacarigua. The slaves are mostly portrayed as uncivilized savages.

Piranha Bytes has always been pretty chad about realism.

:edgy:

overly excitable young man

In Risen 2 there's a bunch of black slaves working the fields of a sugar plantation (owned by the all-white Inquisition) on Tacarigua. The slaves are mostly portrayed as uncivilized savages.

Piranha Bytes has always been pretty chad about realism.

:edgy:
Also has freed slaves that you can kill and bring their heads to the governor.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
There's this one :
You're playing as a slave who needs money to buy his freedom.

I only played some demo a long time ago, at least the 3D ASCII art was changed for something else recently, not that it looks any decent now but it used to look even worse. It's obviously inspired by Fallout but whether it is any good is a different question.

I had at least two major problems when playing the demo. First the combat was terrible, some very bad real-time move freely but wait cooldown to use ability, no idea if it's any different now. Secondly I thought that it's one of those games which can't choose between being a classic roguelike and a classic RPG, permadeath is optional which is common but in general you know what is the default option, in this game I had no idea, and I don't know how much randomized the world is.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Age of Fear again, some heroes can unlock the enslave perk (in AoF 1 & 3 at least), which can turn a unit down to 1 HP to your side and add it to your army after the battle.

Unit get en slave trait, reducing its max morale unless it belongs to your faction (no penalties then).

Civilization III had slavers units capable of capturing enemies non-combat units.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom