Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I watched it. It looks like the average Ubusoft turd. Bonus points for the male/female choice being completely cosmetic (the SJW/Ubisoft/Canadian idea of gender equality) and for the classic "wolves attack you on the road and take you off the horse" and "everyone in the middle ages used to shoot flaming arrows at night" moments.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Checks in to see if there's any worthwhile information - no, it's just the same opinionated circle-jerk from the people who claimed AC2 was "immersive and historically accurate".

The game with the line, and I quote verbatim: "It's-a-me! Mario!".

You're like hysterical headless chickens having a seizure. How about, when you evidently don't know shit about what you're talking about, you just don't post.

I mean look at this drivel:

I watched it. It looks like the average Ubusoft turd. Bonus points for the male/female choice being completely cosmetic (the SJW/Ubisoft/Canadian idea of gender equality) and for the classic "wolves attack you on the road and take you off the horse" and "everyone in the middle ages used to shoot flaming arrows at night" moments.

No shit, it's fantasy. It's FANTASY. Do you need a french translation?

Or this:

They've just changed the original blueprint from AC2 to Origins now.

Now? No, Odyssey was also based on the *rebooted* series, i.e. Origins. The garbo AC2 "blueprint" is dead and has been for more than half a decade.

Allright, keep posting your opinions and wishful thoughts, apes.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well then all that talk year in year out about historical authenticity is bullshit. Nobody expects realism, ffs.
Mario line was an easter egg.

The way I would formulate this is let them play their fantasies all they want but dont butcher the historical ground the game is based in.
So we dont get another Genderfield V situation if they push it too far.

krilcebre

Learned
This just looks like a boring ass game. It looks safe, unexciting, and doesn't bring anything new to the table that previous games didn't have. There might be some tweeks here and there, but overall, it's just following the same old uninspired formula from the same franchise, and even beyond. It's basically just a reskin.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I totally forgot to mention that - the anglo-saxons are as black as the greeks from Odyssey. I wonder if they will keep them like that in the final version.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Atleast the chick in Odyssey was somewhat fuckable

154f25d5c019874b09a0f02267b09d3e.gif

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
The voice actress for the female protagonist is absolutely horrible, holy shit.

They are trying to portray her as some kind of brutish badass woman, but it fails miserably.

If there's something devs should copy from Bioware, is FemShep.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
I never claimed AC2 was historically accurate, fuckwit. If it will get you any more butthurt I will though :lol:

Right dumbfuck, that's why you wrote "middle-ages", because that's not a historical era. Fuck you and your incessant whining.

These aren't awesome games, AC2 is trash-du-la-trash, and Odyssey is ok-ish, but the *whining*, the incessant autistic *whining*. Do you ever read what you write?

Fucking french faggot.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I never claimed AC2 was historically accurate, fuckwit. If it will get you any more butthurt I will though :lol:

Right dumbfuck, that's why you wrote "middle-ages", because that's not a historical era. Fuck you and your incessant whining.

These aren't awesome games, AC2 is trash-du-la-trash, and Odyssey is ok-ish, but the *whining*, the incessant autistic *whining*. Do you ever read what you write?

Fucking french faggot.

Dude, who pissed into your morning tea?

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Well then all that talk year in year out about historical authenticity is bullshit.

Well, yes. Only absolute driveling retards ever thought AC2 had any historical accuracy.

Nobody expects realism, ffs.

Excellent, because you aren't getting any in a fantasy game where you fight the pope mano a mano with magical artifacts in the Vatican.

Mario line was an easter egg.

Easter eggs are something you find by accident in an obscure place - this was part of the main quest line and certainly not an easter egg.

No, it was just one of many pop-culture references in that dumbshit game.

The way I would formulate this is let them play their fantasies all they want but dont butcher the historical ground the game is based in.

That's been done since day 1 of the first AC game and hasn't stopped since. The historical background of every single AC game is bullshit-extraordinaire.

Oracsbox

Creed is my one weakness..it's poppamole ..but I like it
I don't mind the monsters and I get it's not historically accurate but..

I hope to God this was really early footage because it looks utter shit.
Character models are a major step down from Origins or Odyssey
Voice acting is easily the worst I've seen in a Creed game..I wasn't over impressed with King Alfreds voice acting in the trailers either.
I also get the feeling the writing has been sourced to people who don't give a shit..possibly with agenda and will add any old crap from whatever TV show they've just watched.
Animations seem simpler and more arcadey than previous as well
Black Vikings and Saxons ? really ? it was taking the piss in Odyssey but here it's just absurd.
It didn't really look like the English countryside either.
+ Female Eivor..would not bang

Last edited by a moderator:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
This just looks like a boring ass game. It looks safe, unexciting, and doesn't bring anything new to the table that previous games didn't have. There might be some tweeks here and there, but overall, it's just following the same old uninspired formula from the same franchise, and even beyond. It's basically just a reskin.
How hard was it for your brain to come up with such a creative and original opinion that has never graced the internet like this? Do tell, so I can take notes and flush it down the toilet.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
So not only is Odyshit 2.0, but we also have black vikings now.

Clearly highly
crazyrobot.gif
autistic
crazyrobot.gif
and very sad incel, whining about AC games as if their pathetic little life hinges on someone approving their spastic reeeee
crazyrobot.gif

moon fag is pissed off that someone doesn't suck the cock of AC2. Go kill yourself you fucking worthless fag.
cool_story_bro.png

z69x82m.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom