Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Noddy

Augur
You can right-click to cycle through options until you get the hand, then just click on people to see enemy characters sheets too.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it actually possible to win the yanos fight and get teleported to the sewers without crashing or do you have to tell him you work for him? did anyone succeed?
Took me 8+ attempts on the first go but yeah it happened eventually.
I was spamming ctrl-s at the time, but this is probably just rainmaking. I was just trying stupid shit and i think i finally got lucky.

Holy shit it worked, I don't know if I was lucky as well but spamming ctrl+s worked on first try ( after 10+ tries of crashing )

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Btw I entered the sewers with full level 3 party and 2 characters are already ready to level to 4, I didnt even use fireball or deep slumber or the wands. It's all about learning the small tricks, like pulling your party members out of grease/quicksand or waking them out of fascinate/sleep, we just need to git good

Mortmal

Arcane
Btw I entered the sewers with full level 3 party and 2 characters are already ready to level to 4, I didnt even use fireball or deep slumber or the wands. It's all about learning the small tricks, like pulling your party members out of grease/quicksand or waking them out of fascinate/sleep, I just need to git good
Corrected.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think I must be liking the game. Why else am I still trying to play? It's broken in every regard. I sincerely hope that this latest session of near continuous crashing and reloading might've deterred me properly, though. Fuck you, pool of water.

I haven't created my party yet, but don't the mantis monks seem overpowered? Seems like they get 5 attacks right off the bat.
Yeah, and they'll usually miss all of them, and if they don't they'll do about 3 damage per hit. I've tried both monks and rogues so far and they're both overshadowed by regular melee dudes, at least early on.

daedalus0

Novice
For the first time in ~30 attempts *everyone* is still standing...and then CTD on teleport. I love you for this game Pierre, but please hurry up fixing this shit!

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I think I must be liking the game. Why else am I still trying to play? It's broken in every regard. I sincerely hope that this latest session of near continuous crashing and reloading might've deterred me properly, though. Fuck you, pool of water.

I haven't created my party yet, but don't the mantis monks seem overpowered? Seems like they get 5 attacks right off the bat.
Yeah, and they'll usually miss all of them, and if they don't they'll do about 3 damage per hit. I've tried both monks and rogues so far and they're both overshadowed by regular melee dudes, at least early on.

You really need to pay attention to what you do with a mantis, if you do a full attack with 1 weapon and 3 claws each claw will have -5 to hit. There are feats ( multiattack and improved multiattack ) to reduce the penalty. If you attack with more than 1 weapon ( not natural claws ) you'll need the two weapon fighting feat or you'll get -6 to hit.
Best thing to do early on with a rogue mantis is attack with 0 weapons that way you won't get the penalties.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Btw I entered the sewers with full level 3 party and 2 characters are already ready to level to 4, I didnt even use fireball or deep slumber or the wands. It's all about learning the small tricks, like pulling your party members out of grease/quicksand or waking them out of fascinate/sleep, I just need to git good
Corrected.

Didn't you complain the pool fight was impossible? , didn't Jarlfrank complain the minotaur was impossible? I bet you both do this shit now with your eyes closed.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
You really need to pay attention to what you do with a mantis, if you do a full attack with 1 weapon and 3 claws each claw will have -5 to hit.
Is this actually mentioned anywhere, or are you just meant to figure it out yourself? There's nothing about this under the Mantis race entry nor under Weapon and Natural Attack Mixing which seems to be dedicated to the exact setup you're describing.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Since I can't play the game beyond the character creation, and this thread is full of badasses, could someone explain to me how to beat the "final" dragon in KOTC1?

Death Ward agains his archer lackies, protection from fire, haste etc. I guess. Doesn't change the fact that my two knights only hit on crits for <10 dmg. I must be missing something.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Yeah, after a couple of party iterations the difficulty curve starts to flatten. For example all encounters on the first area have a way of either disabling the enemy ambush or even get the first punch in. Afterwards I don't know because I finally decided to drop it until bugs get fixed, I don't wanna skip the cultist fight, but taking it seems to ctd whenever I beat them.

Current party is
Mantis Monk. w/o eapons the flurry is amazing.
Elf Enchanter Wizard. Someone's gotta cast grease and web. Don't cast mage armour, use protection from arrows instead and keep him at a distance. Fog cloud is a great asset to.
Argossian Human Cleric. w/Celerity and Pandemonium domains. Getting Haste early on is pretty OP. First level spells don't do much, but Inflict Wounds can be helpful with pesky enemies like the shark shaman.
Stillfinger Halfling Ranger. With a Reach weapon. Ideally it should be shooting enemy casters... Where the hell are all the arrows? Doesn't matter, can cast Web and its abilities outside battle are super helpful.
Salamander Psychic Warrior. Equiped with a heavy shield, his self-buffs as movement action make for a great tank and compensates the lower amount of punches with the added salamander damage.
Dwarven Samurai. To mindlessly punch and trip people, might take him out and bring the Acid Drake Fighter back tho.

Hate the fake rolls system, I much preferred the one on kotc1. Point buy would be even better.

Since I can't play the game beyond the character creation, and this thread is full of badasses, could someone explain to me how to beat the "final" dragon in KOTC1?

Death Ward agains his archer lackies, protection from fire, haste etc. I guess. Doesn't change the fact that my two knights only hit on crits for <10 dmg. I must be missing something.
You should have never gone with two knights on the first place. Dominate Monster and Hold got me through all the last fights in kotc1. And the Cleric's Harm gets pretty OP too. Make sure you're using the proper weapon material, tho I don't recall much about that.

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Is it actually possible to win the yanos fight and get teleported to the sewers without crashing or do you have to tell him you work for him? did anyone succeed?
Took me 8+ attempts on the first go but yeah it happened eventually.
I was spamming ctrl-s at the time, but this is probably just rainmaking. I was just trying stupid shit and i think i finally got lucky.

Holy shit it worked, I don't know if I was lucky as well but spamming ctrl+s worked on first try ( after 10+ tries of crashing )
I've never agreed to work for him, and that's actually the only fight that I haven't had crash to desktop yet. It's all so random.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
usual buffs/protections + web the area, dehydrate until everything is dead then irresistible dance on the dragon

only hit on crits for <10 dmg.
need holy weapon (has DR against other weapons), or loads of searing ray (holy dmg)

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Got to the ratman, can either kill them for a lot of xp, gold and items or intimidate them for an armor, a trader/crafter and a place to sleep twice. Trying to figure out which one of this options is the best course of action, would I need the resting place?

I really don't like that you cant simply attack them after your done trading with them like you can with the cultists at the start

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Boy the fire cave sure was fun, if it weren't for the confusion scroll I'd have never gotten through that shit. I ended up using deep slumber on the Efreeti for a Coup De Grace and that still took like 6 tries.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Got to the ratman, can either kill them for a lot of xp, gold and items or intimidate them for an armor, a trader/crafter and a place to sleep twice. Trying to figure out which one of this options is the best course of action, would I need the resting place?

I sure as shit did, I rested once before the mimics and then again before the arena.

Also, didn't notice the quartermaster in the goblin camp the first time around so I didn't get Erizmon until after the crypt, but now my party has seven kobolds and two sorcerrers, we be magic'n all up in this bitch and failing grapple rolls like a boss.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone gotten the ally that you can ask for advice before the gray/green goblin showdown?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
That's Erizmon or whatever their name is and I don't see how you could get him until after the arena fight, he's a prisoner in the grey goblin camp.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Hmm I just noticed that If you fight the cultist and not offer to work for yanos you miss out on a quest. Man this game has some hard decisions to make!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I believe you might be able to recruit Erizmon if you do the Tombs->Crypt thing before the big goblin fight.
How you are supposed to survive that without the goblin rest spot & gold reward is another question entirely...

Gregz

Arcane
BlueSalamander

I can't find your post now, but you welcomed any and all feedback:

1. Latro:
    lol ranger gets spells but still has 0 casts
  2. Latro:
    gee
  3. Daedalos:
    FAGS
  4. Latro:
    feats are so critical I think most of the cast should human
  5. Latro:
    esp. early on
  6. Lhynn:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjS-Ms8W_wU
  7. Turisas:
    Latro: lol ranger gets spells but still has 0 casts < what spells did aragorn cast? checkm8
  8. Lhynn
    makes dildolos and turisas kiss
  9. Daedalos
    slaps Lhynn with a spiked club
  10. Latro:
    "ranger, you know spells!? cast them, quickly!"
  11. Latro:
    "...no"
  12. Deadman:
    should he start casting at level 4 or 5
  13. Deadman:
    *they
  14. Latro:
    i need him to cast at level 2 or he's dead weight
  15. Latro:
    his stupid bow only hits for 5 dmg too
  16. Deadman:
    5 damage is enough to kill lvl 1 wizard
  17. Lhynn:
    whatareyoutalkingabout latro?
  18. Deadman:
    cant he summon pets or smh
  19. Deadman:
    like a bird or a housecat
  20. Latro:
    kotc2
  21. Latro:
    deadman: all the spellcasts are 18hp-36hp
  22. Daedalos:
    I really strongly dislike both Latro and Lhynn
  23. Latro:
    the serious ones in kotc2
  24. Latro:
    shark shaman is 36hp (and underwater, can't hit him with arrows anyway)
  25. Latro:
    and there's at least two spellcasters with 16-18hp all blocked by minions
  26. Latro:
    so like I said, ranger is complete deadweight; i'm sure they're better at higher levels
  27. Gregz:
    Daedalos: I really strongly dislike both Latro and Lhynn <- don't hate the players, hate their games
  28. Latro:
    and from casually looking over the race list, I think 4 humans, 1 half giant, and 1 mantis would do the trick
  29. Latro:
    other races just won't cut it
  30. Daedalos:
    i do hate
  31. Jenkem:
    no hate
  32. Strange Fellow:
    ye ranger sux
  33. Latro:
    re rolling new party, gonna give mantis monk and psionicist a shot
  34. Tweed:
    I totally missed the water cave, but I'm not restarting, fuck that noise
  35. Latro:
    if mantis monk sucks, just rolling human monk for the bonus feats
  36. Tweed:
    I thought about rolling a monk, but kobolds don't seem very suited to the class
  37. Latro:
    half giant is useful, but I think the +8 hp variant is probably best
  38. Latro:
    well tweed, so much disable is thrown at you I think most of the party should be human
  39. Latro:
    those 2 extra feats are life saving
  40. Tweed:
    It probably should be, but I'm doing this shit with a full kobold party and everyone is still alive
  41. Latro:
    improved reflex/fortitude throws i mean
  42. Latro:
    well kobolds get pluses to reflex and AC I think
  43. Tweed:
    Humans are easy mode
  44. Latro:
    I just personally dislike the small size negative
  45. Tweed:
    they get natural AC and a feat to improve that so that's nice plus small size
  46. Latro:
    i like the tactics possible from grappling/trippling etc
  47. Tweed:
    Yeah, that's where I get murdered is on grapples and shit
  48. Tweed:
    Samurai seems like a slow starter, but it's getting better
  49. Tweed:
    Gladiators are monsters
  50. Latro:
    also, equipment is at such a premium I think monk/mantis is a good early game choice
  51. Strange Fellow:
    just tried a mantis monk myself, he sucks
  52. Latro:
    don't have to worry about outfitting them
  53. Latro:
    samurais are cool
  54. Latro:
    i have a half giant samurai that works well
  55. Strange Fellow:
    can't hit for shit and doesn't do any damage when he does
  56. Latro:
    SF: stats?
  57. Tweed:
    My psionicist might be might most powerful party member though
  58. Strange Fellow:
    monks have no accuracy for some reason
  59. Strange Fellow:
    15/17/14 S/D/C
  60. Strange Fellow:
    I think
  61. Strange Fellow:
    the max rolls are very low with that combo
  62. Latro:
    human monk might be better for the 2 bonus feats, something to help with rolls
  63. zwanzig_zwoelf:
    sounds gay
  64. Strange Fellow:
    yes but the pitiful damage remains when you consider that you lose 3 whole attacks vis a vis mantis
  65. Tweed:
    If I had to do over I dunno if I would take a sorcerer, might try a different caster
  66. Latro:
    what's your party tweed?
  67. Latro:
    btw, bard rocks
  68. Tweed:
    Touch attack mechanics seem off to me, like it never matters what the % is they almost always miss
  69. Daedalos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76X7PhKT3I4&list=RD76X7PhKT3I4&start_radio=1
  70. Latro:
    great buffer, great skills, with the 2 bonus feats he puts in serious work
  71. Strange Fellow:
    I tried the salamander monk for the bonus damage on melee hits and it was.. eh, OK I guess
  72. Tweed:
    Gladiator, Samurai, Psi, Cleric, Wizard, Sorcerer.
  73. Latro:
    good fighter on his own
  74. Tweed:
    All kobolds
  75. Strange Fellow:
    Cleric is great though, super strong summons + haste at lvl 1
  76. Tweed:
    and I just picked up the extra companion in the crypt who's also a kobold and a sorcerer
  77. Latro:
    my bard has like 6 casts
  78. Latro:
    hits just as hard as the samurai/gladiator
  79. Latro:
    also gets passive bonuses from equipped instruments
  80. Latro:
    can't reccomend them enough
  81. Tweed:
    I thought about bard, but didn't
  82. Latro
    toots
  83. Latro:
    he's basically a self buffing fighter
  84. Latro:
    in fact, a little too strong
  85. Tweed:
    I'm hoping that having a caster heavy party is going to start paying off soon, starting to hit that hump where they go from being shit to being weapons of mass destruction
  86. Latro:
    what sucks for monk is that flurry of blows is STR
  87. Latro:
    if it was DEX, just slap weapon finesse on him and he'd probably hit hard and not miss much
  88. Latro:
    the problem is that the early fights are so tough that it's difficult to justify some of those classes that start weak and ramp up later
  89. Latro:
    in pierre's game you need to be strong as hell from the get go
  90. Strange Fellow:
    exactly
  91. Tweed:
    So I noticed
  92. Strange Fellow:
    think I narrowed down my party to Gladiator / Barb / Cleric / Wizard /Psion
  93. Tweed:
    But I cleared the cultist fight after I had done the other stuff
  94. Tweed:
    only took a few tries to do the grey side of the goblin arena
  95. Strange Fellow:
    Plus another melee-ish class, maybe the bard if he doesn't suck. Mine did when I made one, but I could've built him wrong
  96. Latro:
    i'm re-rolling and doing gladiator/samurai/cleric/psionicist/wizard/bard
  97. Latro:
    all humans with 1 half giant for samurai (or gladiator, haven't decided)
  98. Tweed:
    that sounds p gud
  99. Strange Fellow:
    that's what I would do, IF THE GAME HAD BEEN WORKING
  100. Strange Fellow:
    that looks like the minmax meta starting to form around the early areas anyway
  101. Latro:
    tbh i kinda like the difficulty
  102. Latro:
    forces you to learn the game quickly :3
  103. Latro:
    my bard is just 13 STR 11D 10 C
  104. Latro:
    max CHA
  105. Tweed:
    Some of this shit has been designed around lucky rolls, that's all there is to it
  106. Strange Fellow:
    those stats are sucky
  107. Latro:
    still hits around 10-12 regularly, but I did give him an enchanted weapon
  108. Strange Fellow:
    and he still performs? weird
  109. Tweed:
    Like the crypt
  110. Latro:
    so maybe you got unlucky with drops (not sure if they're randomized)
  111. Latro:
    by drop I mean treasure chest
  112. Jasede:
    I hate the goblin fight.
  113. Jasede:
    It takes forever...
  114. Jasede:
    Even at max speed settings.
  115. Strange Fellow:
    I think I just never expected it to work, I didn't know anything about the role of bards in 3.5 before and the wiki kind of presented him as a caster class
  116. Tweed:
    It sucks, especially when it fucks up and doesn't end, but going grey goblin is the best reward
  117. Latro:
    nah, 3.5 bard is a fighter with AOE buffs
  118. Strange Fellow:
    real men never get beyond the oubliette due to crashes
  119. Latro:
    he was like that in NWN too
  120. Strange Fellow:
    so it would seem
  121. Jasede:
    3.5 Bard becomes better than Fighter at level 8
  122. Tweed:
    Whenever the reward is money, get money, you need all the money
  123. Latro:
    jas: yep
  124. Jasede:
    Same AB but way more useful spells/songs
  125. Jasede:
    That said there is some utility to a fighter in this game due to trip/grapple
  126. Jasede:
    But then a Gladiator can do that just fine
  127. Strange Fellow:
    trip is great
  128. Tweed:
    Trip is great, grease is god, stomp is killer
  129. Jasede:
    The only way my Fighters (I had two, poor soul me) in KOTC 1 stayed relevant was by tripping/grappling everything
  130. Tweed:
    If you can knock it on its ass you can win!
  131. Latro:
    ya, why go fighter when gladiator does it too
  132. Jasede:
    So anyone past goblin fight and crypt both?
  133. Tweed:
    Me
  134. Jasede:
    I haven't beaten the fucking 5 tombs yet because I am bad...
  135. Latro:
    and your equipment hungry in this game, so half ogre samurai does very well with just 1 weapon
  136. Strange Fellow:
    is gladiator the one who has all the weapon specialisations from the getgo?
  137. Jasede:
    Well, rather, my "early strength" party had nothing to beat them with
  138. Strange Fellow:
    that's really nice
  139. Tweed:
    Yeah
  140. Latro:
    yep
  141. Strange Fellow:
    love him for that alone
  142. Jasede:
    What bothers me is Search checks without a ROgue
  143. Tweed:
    Like I said crypt is a lucky dice roll, you have to slay the ghost dragon with that mace or you lose
  144. Crispy:
    Is samurai even a class in D&D?
  145. Jasede:
    You need 20 INT elf wizard to make the Search Checks
  146. Latro:
    gladiator with human = tons of feets for dealing with stupid shit
  147. Jasede:
    20 Int Elf Wizard
  148. Latro:
    reflex/fort savings throw, and probably +1 to all attacks
  149. Jasede:
    Else you have to have a fucking rogue/bard
  150. Tweed:
    I'veb een making my search checks so far
  151. Jasede:
    God I have been remaking this party 4-5 times now (which is part of the fun)
  152. Tweed:
    With my wizard
  153. Daedalos:
    shut up
  154. BBMorti:
    Heather, most likely a female codexer, goes to see a waterfall and takes the elevator ride down - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuv_JtWu6rg&feature=emb_title
  155. Jasede:
    Then your wizard has 20 INT
  156. Tweed:
    Yeah he does
  157. Daedalos:
    i wanna watch louis cks new special
  158. Jasede:
    The only way to make the search check is Twenty INT + Elf
  159. Daedalos:
    anybody watched it
  160. Jasede:
    It's the minimum to hit DC 22
  161. Tweed:
    Nah I'm making checks with a kobold
  162. Strange Fellow:
    but that would require giving quarter to an Elf
  163. Jasede:
    Maybe kobolds get bonus to search IDK
  164. Strange Fellow:
    disgusting!
  165. zwanzig_zwoelf:
    kotc2 on steam when
  166. Tweed:
    Hopefully not for a long time, because it needs serious work
  167. Tweed:
    It would get shredded in the reviews
  168. Gregz:
    Remember guys, Pierre is actively seeking feedback, so if you just want to copy-paste the Shoutbox conversation above, it will help him a lot
  169. Gregz:
    just select the whole thing and copy-paste it to pierre
  170. Jasede:
    Pierre is getting blowjobs by some thai shemales
  171. Jasede:
    Who the fuck flies away after the launch of his non-tested game
  172. Gregz:
    he really wants this feedback, no joke, you won't hurt his feeligns
  173. Jasede:
    A chad
  174. Strange Fellow:
    a quick look at my bard reveals he has 6 str
  175. Tweed:
    I'm trying to do the goblin fight in the hallway now, I assume that's the way out of the sewers
  176. Gregz:
    he asked for this info in the thread, I just can't find the post right now

Gregz

Arcane
more feedback

1. Latro:
    only thing i'd suggest is maybe toning down enemy init.
  2. Strange Fellow:
    no wonder he wasn't very good in melee
  3. Latro:
    that way you're not forced to take all humans just for the improved init feat
  4. zwanzig_zwoelf:
    Jasede Jasede: Pierre is getting blowjobs by some thai shemales << based
  5. Latro:
    SF: lol
  6. Jasede:
    Everyone in my party has Improved Init and it's STILL a coin toss
  7. Tweed:
    I got improved init on all my guys first thing
  8. Jasede:
    I also have everyone have 14-18 DEX
  9. Latro:
    jasede: yep
  10. Jasede:
    I am also considering giving everyone Die Hard and Toughness
  11. Theodora:
    latroooooooo how do you deal with people being stupid about antiquity on here
  12. Tweed:
    no other possible way to play
  13. Latro:
    theo: same way I deal with everything
  14. Latro:
    make a pithy remark and go do something else
  15. Theodora:
    ;-;
  16. Latro:
    jasede: i'm going with the reflex/fort. throw feats, most of the nasty shit just comes from that imo
  17. Jasede:
    Saving Throws are always great to have, yes. IDK. Gonna have to wait and see.
  18. Latro:
    oh, but die hard gives free HP
  19. Latro:
    didn't know that
  20. Jasede:
    Since I can't get far yet it's no big deal to reroll and try lots of parties
  21. Latro:
    healing is definitely a premium here
  22. Strange Fellow:
    but the bard needs every single stat D:
  23. Jasede:
    Do you run a Paladin? I wanna try a Bard but I dunno where to fit him in
  24. Latro:
    bard needs max CHA, high int, high STR, decent con/dex
  25. Jasede:
    I have Giant Barbarian, Dwarf Samurai, Human Paladin, Human Psionicist, Halfling Cleric and Elf Wizard
  26. Latro:
    so keep mashing that roll :3
  27. Jasede:
    The thing is the rolls don't get higher
  28. Jasede:
    It's a fixed point spread
  29. Latro:
    i don't run paladin
  30. Jasede:
    The spread is just different
  31. Tweed:
    does cha matter on a sorcerer beyond creation? I Can't remember
  32. Latro:
    he could be good, haven't tried
  33. Jasede:
    It makes it a pain...
  34. Jasede:
    Cha is extremely important on Sorc
  35. Jasede:
    All your DCs are Cha based
  36. Jasede:
    And your extra spells as well
  37. Tweed:
    I'll keep pumping it then
  38. Jasede:
    Who'd you cut form my current party if you wanted to force in a bard latro?
  39. Jasede:
    Hang on Dwarf was a Gladiator not a Samurai. Both good
  40. Latro:
    paladin or barbarian
  41. Tweed:
    Dump the paladin
  42. Latro:
    imo, 2 phys attacks is fine, bard would be a 3rd with buffing
  43. Jasede:
    I am not too hot on the Barbarian. The Paladin, tho, is great.
  44. Tweed:
    Swap the barbarian for a gladiator
  45. Jasede:
    Why tho? I expect loads of undead later
  46. Latro:
    cleric, psioncist, and wizard are great for casting/support
  47. Jasede:
    Plus extra healing
  48. asfasdf:
    niggers
  49. Jasede:
    AND Paladins have +2 uni saves
  50. Tweed:
    Your psioncist can pick up healing later with the feat
  51. Jasede:
    And they can give their entire party AC/saves
  52. Tweed:
    I think...
  53. Latro:
    then toss barbarian
  54. Jasede:
    Right, I'll try it
  55. Latro:
    or keep paladin, sounds similar to bard tbh
  56. Tweed:
    actually I dunno if that's working right right now I tried to use cell division earlier with the healing feat and I couldn't hgeal anyone
  57. Latro:
    fighter with loads of support
  58. Jasede:
    Game is fucking weird. I am having a good time tho.
  59. Jasede:
    Yeah I know all about the underappreciated, secretly very OP bards from my NWN days
  60. Latro:
    what sucks is that the argossian human gives bonus to WIS bard doesn't need
  61. Latro:
    if it was +2 CHA and +2 STR = fug yea
  62. Jasede:
    People don't realize that by level 8 solo he has the same AB as a fighter due to his song... but better saves, self-buffs, etc...
  63. Strange Fellow:
    oy, no ragging on the barb
  64. Jasede:
    AND he can give them to the rest of the party too
  65. Latro:
    yea, I love the secret fighter bard
  66. Strange Fellow:
    he's by far the best straight melee damage dealer, at least early on
  67. Jasede:
    Only problem with Bard is lowish HP in NWN
  68. BBMorti:
    brutal boob mog https://i.imgur.com/kXT0sbG.jpg
  69. Strange Fellow:
    out of my dudes anyway
  70. Jasede:
    But you can kind of work around it unless you get crit ...
  71. Jasede:
    I dunno, how far are you tho SF?
  72. Latro:
    bard doesn't need that much HP here imo
  73. Jasede:
    I mean sure Barbarians do great damage... the 1-2 encounters that he can rage.
  74. Latro:
    make sure your fighers have high dex + improved init to get in position and he's easy to protect imo
  75. Jasede:
    But the others he's just a Fighter/Gladiator/Samurai with less feats
  76. Jasede:
    If rage was 1/encounter then sure
  77. asfasdf:
    if you make a black character you lose
  78. The Great ThunThun:
    How were bards op?
  79. asfasdf:
    always make white characters
  80. The Great ThunThun:
    You mean with dragon disciple?
  81. Jasede:
    In low level servers they overtook fighters at level 8; in high level servers they had funky dragon disciple multiclasses.

Mortmal

Arcane
I believe you might be able to recruit Erizmon if you do the Tombs->Crypt thing before the big goblin fight.
How you are supposed to survive that without the goblin rest spot & gold reward is another question entirely...
No, you can get him before . However you need to take side with the grey, in fact i found out why it was so hard , siding with the green you are losing an extra fight and xp, and you cant recruit erzimon. He's int he grey camp, you need to buy bread and then wine from the quartermaster and a strengh potion to free him. Thats a level 7 sorcerer added to the group. Siding with green even if the arena fight is easier, you are screwed...Now maybe i can do chapter 3 once i reach it .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom