Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Puukko

Arcane
Started 0 and proceeded to play it for 9 hours straight. The mix of serious main story and silly side content is like a combination of sour and sweet. I was a bit concerned about the mini games not being my thing but I liked karaoke and disco a lot. That Majima introduction in chapter 3 was absolutely great.

Glad you’re liking it. Yeah, it’s high on my top ten list. I’ve played the entire series, including spinoffs, in English and Japanese and 0 is by far the standout. For PC Kiwami 1-2 are pretty big step downs from 0. Buuuut....still good games unto themselves. Here’s hoping more gets ported in the future.

Nevermore

Novice
Started 0 and proceeded to play it for 9 hours straight. The mix of serious main story and silly side content is like a combination of sour and sweet. I was a bit concerned about the mini games not being my thing but I liked karaoke and disco a lot. That Majima introduction in chapter 3 was absolutely great.
Majima is the king.
Don't worry about the mini-games though. They are really well-made and completely optional. I keep Yakuza 0 installed just to play mahjong or pool when I feel like it.

vota DC

Augur
I'm guessing a Judgement PC announcement, or Yakuza 3-5 remaster spontaneous PC release, or both.

....God I hope I'm right....about both.

Yakuza 3-6,Judgement and Fist of the North Star ports

:fabulouslyoptimistic:

I imagine Fist of the North Star is a very low priority for them now since it sold pretty badly on PS4 and has no connection to the main Yakuza series. When you factor in that they're also porting Atlus games now, I doubt they have time for that. I imagine they want 3-6 out of the way asap to connect with LAD and then Judgment since it sold well on PS4 and has EFIGS translations for broader appeal.

Also, six Yakuza-style games being announced at the same event seems like way too much. I expect Remastered Collection and maybe one more title (6 or Judgment) at most. If they're going all out with announcements, I'd imagine Shin Sakura Taisen would be one for some variety.

But FOTNS is a '80s product when only PC master race and Nintendo were around, last HNK games were on Playstation and XBOX that are late game peasant console, there are tons of MUGEN about HNK, PC users care! Just give TLOU and similar stuff to console guys.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Finished Yakuza 0 last night, really wanted to go to bed and instead suffered this for two hours.

20200706_144817.jpg

It was also like this in the previous games. They really need to stop doing this and respect people with jobs.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You wanna play a cutscene loaded game on workdays, that's on you bro.

No problem with long cutscenes when they are justified. Here, they were hardly justified, with dialogues with awkward pause that say nothing much interesting, and over drawn sequences.
But there is worse, I said : the main issue was that those ending cutscenes were absolutely unskippable, here you are on your butt at 10PM wanting to go to bed, and you have to suffer some incredible bullshit with NO STOPPING point for 2 hours.

All I wanted is the New Game+ save.

Even if there was no save point, had they allowed to skip it, I could have watched the ending off youtube the day after. But no, the game had decided I was going to skip on some sleep. Fuck it.

When I become President of Video Games, it will be first on my platform : SAVE. ANYWHERE. ANYTIME.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That was actually one convenience thing I really missed about the Dragon Engine games while playing through the Remastered Collection, the ability to save almost anytime anywhere.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So Kiwami 2 on Xbox and Windows Store.

If they wanted to release 3/4/5 on Steam and Xbox at the same time, no more multiple releases (like 7), any time I guess.

Puukko

Arcane
Did the real estate side quest from zero to completion in chapter 14 without touching any story content, took 10-12 hours overall but at least the money is rolling in now and I got the ultimate fighting style for it. I am not aiming for completionist but it'd be a crime (heh) not to give all this side content a fair chance. I'll do the cabaret as well once I get the chance which I assume will be in the final chapter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom