Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - remaster from THQ Nordic with Fatesworn expansion

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Played it for 6-8 hours or so. The only thing I remember is some goth elf assassin in bikini armor.
I respect a game that doesn't require me to mod in bikini armor.

:d1p:
That armour is only on one single NPC in the entire game.

Game sucks who wants this shit anyway curt schilling faked the bloody sock

Sykar

Arcane
The biggest thing you have to do to enjoy this game is limit yourself, no crafting and sometimes I would use weaker weapons on purpose so there would be some challenge.
And then you realize the challenge was in you all along.
:happytrollboy:
It was a mental one.

Some people like to feel powerful over enemies and feel progression
That only works when it's earned and should never let you afford being careless.

Thanks for reminding me how my level 89 full Tal wearing Sorc ripped many years when I was casually teleporting through Hell act 2 to suddenly wind up dead, I played HC only back then, only to see a zombie with extra strong and might aura appearing from behind a small piece of a crumbling wall. Probably one of the most avoidable deaths I ever had if I had just been too careless.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Release on September 8th, and a brand new expansion is coming 2021.

The hit RPG returns! From the minds of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, comes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay Re-Reckoning delivers intense, customizable RPG combat inside a sprawling game world.

Uncover the secrets of Amalur, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns. Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
  • Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
  • The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
  • Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
  • Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
  • Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
  • Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
  • Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
  • Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having "more content than any single-player game deserves!"
  • Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy - all central to the primary mission.
  • Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning.

I wonder if the new expansion is re-using the assets from Project Copernicus.

Last edited:

Outmind

Augur
I remember all the hype before it first came out. Everyone was like "Ooooh, it's written by R.A. Salvatore, it has to be good!". Please, the guy can write a decent fight scene, but everything else that comes out of his pen is pure pulp. Enjoyable, but pulp nevertheless.

The game itself got really boring really fast.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It seems that there's still no information about what exactly "refined gameplay" means. 4K support is great, but the game needs to be rebalanced to be worth a buy. I've read on a German website that the standard edition is priced at 40€ and that a bundle with the new addon is priced at 55€. From my point of view that's way too much without significant balance improvements. Another addon is pointless if the game is still super easy in this enhanced version. What's the point of adding more side quests if you don't need them?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am surprised,the game still looks great and the writing is pretty good. I do hope that they fix the MMO style of enemy respawns and levels. IF you cut out that aspect the game is pretty good,shame that it got that much hate.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am surprised,the game still looks great and the writing is pretty good.
TBH I no longer have any use for avatars or nicknames. I can tell individual retards apart just fine by the inane drivel they post.
Oh my beloved drag,who pissed in your soup this morning,and made you that pissy? If you hate the game that much....what are you doing being butthurt in this thread?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Draq is disappointed remaster doesn't have TB combat. :P
Yeah,he can't handle anything that has more than one frame per action,far too fast for the old goy. He is still butthurt over not being able to play BG1&2 because they were not TB.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
the writing is pretty good
WHERE? It just throws endless walls of lore with weird names and doesn't even fit the game... I still remember the game going "You must now find the Theater of Fate, a legendary long-lost place that might not even exists... I'll mark it on your map, it's just 5 min from here!"

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
the writing is pretty good
WHERE? It just throws endless walls of lore with weird names and doesn't even fit the game... I still remember the game going "You must now find the Theater of Fate, a legendary long-lost place that might not even exists... I'll mark it on your map, it's just 5 min from here!"
:prosper:
The fuck has map markers have to do with writing??? Go play sailor moon faggot!

0024.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The better part of the writing was not found in the random background lore, but in the local stories. Each area has a small and mostly self-contained questline, where all villages and settlements have their own story, dark secret or otherwise local drama. These were actually pretty good and have a good slice-of-the-world feeling, certainly more interesting that bothering with "X happened, then Y" lore.
You wasting your words mate,people bitching about the lore have clearly not bothered playing the game. The same kind of people that just bline the main quest and brag about how they had finished the game. Can't stand such retards.

Tigranes

Arcane
You can judge a man by the hill he chooses to die on

Some men choose negative AC

Some men choose contiguous wilderness maps

Some men choose the colour of somebody's hair on Twitter

But Fanta the lad, now, he doth choose a mediocre Oblivion clone that nobody remembers

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You can judge a man by the hill he chooses to die on

Some men choose negative AC

Some men choose contiguous wilderness maps

Some men choose the colour of somebody's hair on Twitter

But Fanta the lad, now, he doth choose a mediocre Oblivion clone that nobody remembers
Oh i won't die on that hill lol......i will fucking carnage you on that hill,you degenerate fucks!
:terminate:

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
So will they rebalance the game or nothing is confirmed yet? If they made it little bit less retarded in the way it scales it would be somewhat playable.

Also can't see whether they fixed the retarded FOV on screens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom