Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Statement from RPG Codex about Chris Avellone

The Dopamine Cleric

Prospernaut
Shitposter
All it takes is one autist on the wrong fucking day; A calvacade of probability synthesising in a cloud of chaos.

All it takes is the right Storyfag and the wrong ribbing on the buttplug, and there could be a full out war. Warfare devised by the most sadistic and twisted minds to exist. The pisshole of fandom messageboards. A fire unqualified, reigning until ragequit fire upon the corporate communist cuckfaggot politically-correct.

There will be penalties for every effect.

CHAOS REIGNS

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I wish I could get one of those trash chicks drunk like they're used to and fuck them like I'm Hoby Buchanon, cause I can't be cancelled anyway, I don't even have twitter.

Duraframe300

Arcane
but that obviously leaves out the potential minefield that's verbal communication. Rude and dismissive comments should not be be outlawed, but neither should anyone expect that that kind of behaviour has no repercussions.

Yeah, but unless we're talking about ACTUAL serious shit those consequences should be getting your faced smashed in once by the girl's brother.
Not having your entire life ruined in any way.

Semiurge

Cipher
but that obviously leaves out the potential minefield that's verbal communication. Rude and dismissive comments should not be be outlawed, but neither should anyone expect that that kind of behaviour has no repercussions.

Yeah, but unless we're talking about ACTUAL serious shit those consequences should be getting your faced smashed in once by the girl's brother.
Not having your entire life ruined in any way.

Matching punishments with crimes is a matter of taste, in my opinion "eye for an eye" is usually the tried and true choice. I'm sure there are a lot of big, ugly, burly gays that would love to exact punishment on heterosexual perverts.

Silly Germans

All it takes is one autist on the wrong fucking day; A calvacade of probability synthesising in a cloud of chaos.

All it takes is the right Storyfag and the wrong ribbing on the buttplug, and there could be a full out war. Warfare devised by the most sadistic and twisted minds to exist. The pisshole of fandom messageboards. A fire unqualified, reigning until ragequit fire upon the corporate communist cuckfaggot politically-correct.

CHAOS REIGNS

Mister Avellone might have forgotten to apply his demon protection on that day. Obviously his behavior was due to a demon possessing him,

All he needs is a good old fashioned exorcism.

Semiurge

Cipher

CHAOS REIGNS

Mister Avellone might have forgotten to apply his demon protection on that day. Obviously his behavior was due to a demon possessing him,

Demons can't enter if you're full of shit.

Silly Germans

CHAOS REIGNS

Demons can't enter if you're full of shit.

This is a commonplace misconception. To the best of my knowledge, there is no scientific research supporting that claim, although its proponents are quite large in number. But the research was not in vain, a significant correlation with constipation was revealed.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
I've never gotten drunk either and I've never sent that kind of message to any woman. (And I even wonder, does this kind of message really work, at all?)
BRO ITS ALL PRIBABLILUTY

ENOUGH DRUNKEN COMEONS TO ENOUGH DRUNKEN WOMEN AND EVENTUALLY ONE WORKS

Mordru

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I read the OP, but I don't feel like wasting time reading the rest of the drama. Can some one plz sum it up? Are we cancelling Chris or not?

Krivol

Magister
Chris behaviour (cancel me, don't defend me etc) looks like depression. And it started long time before all those accusations (maybe reason of alcoholism).

Anyway it's really low atacking him IMO.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

eilef

Educated
I read the OP, but I don't feel like wasting time reading the rest of the drama. Can some one plz sum it up? Are we cancelling Chris or not?

When meetoo 2.0 begun, a woman named Karissa started a witch hunt against Avellone, by accusing him of sexual harassment. Allegedly he “made her drunk” by buying everyone a lot of beer, then they made out, tried to have sex, she said “no”, and he left. Her story since then changed a few times, making Avellone look worse and worse with every change. Twitter mob then promptly provided more anecdotal evidence of Avellone being a terrible sexual predator in the form of “a friend of a friend saw something", "he groped me", “I knew he was a creep long ago”, ect. Avellone made a terrible mistake by apologizing to his ex girlfriend who did not accuse him of anything, but that apology doomed Avellone and made him look guilty. Why did he appologised to his ex gf? Because he knew where this is going from. You see, Karissa is a friend of his ex gf and knew her for a long time. She used her as one of examples of Avellones “terrible behavior”. They had some sort of complicated relationships, and now Karissa and the gang decided to end Avellones entire career for his past “sins”. Next day, more "evidence" shows up, in form of a seven year old screen, displaying how Avellone critically failed his persuade roll, when trying to flirt with a girl. This screenshot was a drunk sexting attempt from 7 years, provided by yet another friend of Karissa, but that was enough to send things in to spiral, and make most of the companies who work with Avellone to drop him like he was nothing. In a few days a hit piece by Bloomberg describing this metoo 2.0., and Avellone was a in the center of it. Painted as a serial rapist and predator, based on testimonies of twitter nobodies – Avellone case got even worse, when allegations against him got supported by another game developer, who remember that very long time ago, they got drunk together and got to her hotel number, but Criss critically failed yet another roll, and got nothing. These stories got supported and collaborated by a whole lot of twitter nobodies and Karissa herself, who made sure to contact every employer, and outlet and make it know that Avellone has to be canceled. You see, he had the audacity of trying to flirt and have sex with woman – and we cannot have this in the industry. She continues to change her story, and contacts jornos to this day, to make sure this does not dies down, and Avellone is canceled "for good". She is on a mission, and until Avellone sends her cease and decease order she wont stop.

In the end, Avellone said nothing in his defense since, forces of dark won the day, and his legacy is destroyed by these allegations. His lifestyle, envy to his talent, the hate of his ex gf and her friends (who literally said “apologize better”) and a few vague accusations got him canceled. The best we can hope for, is that when he gets sober, he will use “Jeremy Soule” defense, and perhaps remain in the industry. But do not expect any new big games from him anytime soon.

Its also worth noting, that all these people were in good relationships with Avellone until recently, when they saw an opening and decided to claim revenge they waited for seven years. And honestly, this is a better revenge story than TLOU2.

Last edited:

Mordru

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
You see, Karissa is a friend of his ex gf and knew her for a long time. She used her as one of examples of Avellones “terrible behavior”. They had some sort of complicated relationships, and now Karissa and the gang decided to end Avellones entire career for his past “sins”.
Ok, not cancelled, got it. Back to gaming then...

mondblut

Arcane
He should have called the lawyers on that hoe

On what grounds? None of the things he is "accused" of are illegal or even morally objectionable in the eyes of the sane people. Basically, a twitter clique of bedwetters are throwing a tantrum over the fact that he does not wet his bed too often.

Now, his employers kissing the bedwetters' ring is a different issue altogether, but unless they have committed a serious breach of contract with him, a lawyer can't help him here either.

Acrux

Arcane
"In August 2019, Soule was accused of rape by game designer Nathalie Lawhead. He was also accused of sexual harassment by vocalist Aeralie Brighton. He denied the accusations, with no charges being filed."

220px-Nathalie_Lawhead_-_Independent_Games_Festival_-_2015_%28cropped%29.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom