Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Mount & Blade @ VGBlogger

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Mount & Blade

<a href="http://www.vgblogger.com/?p=4187">VBlogger review Mount & Blade</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>As is true with many ‘indie’ games, the market is fairly narrow. Mount & Blade is a role-playing game, and has a certain fantasy feel, but it is not an epic fantasy game. It is more like a game wrapped around a fairly simple idea: mounted combat that works.
<br>
<br>
That pretty much defines the game and the appeal. If you have played fantasy role-playing games and wished for mounted combat, this is an easy game to recommend. If you have played games like Two Worlds that offer limited mounted combat and wished that someone would do it right, this is an easy game to recommend. If you love games with detailed action-based combat systems, just get out there and buy this game already!
<br>
<br>
Pros:
<br>
+ Best mounted combat ever
<br>
+ Solid combat system in general
<br>
+ Immersive environments
<br>
+ Budget Price
<br>
<br>
Cons:
<br>
- Lack of compelling story
<br>
- Graphics lack variety
<br>
- Indistinct soundtrack</blockquote>
<br>
The verdict? A very simple "buy it" which I have to say I agree with.
<br>
<br>
Also Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPGWatch</a>

Of all the things in the game that lack variety - like, say, the entire thing - they pick the graphics? I'd argue that it does get pretty stale, but that's what mods are for... though it doesn't actually mention them.

Good review other than that.

Multi-headed Cow

Re: Mount & Blade @ VGBlogger

DarkUnderlord said:
The verdict? A very simply "buy it" which I have to say I agree with.
The Witcher's enhanced edition patch is the great Satan, but a game whose primary defense is "BUT IT HAS MODS! THEY MAKE IT A GOOD GAME!" is good, eh.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Actually if you asked me if you should buy The Witcher, I'd say yes to that too (it's now in the bargain bin for half price at my local). As for M&B, that was well and truly worth the $12 I paid for it (even without any mods). :) I'll be tearing it apart later though just as soon as I compress some 20,000+ words of notes into something readable.

Multi-headed Cow

DarkUnderlord said:
Actually if you asked me if you should buy The Witcher, I'd say yes to that too (it's now in the bargain bin for half price at my local). As for M&B, that was well and truly worth the $12 I paid for it (even without any mods). :) I'll be tearing it apart later though just as soon as I compress some 20,000+ words of notes into something readable.
Fair enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom