Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:lol: What a dummy. Knight of the Chalice and expansion campaigns like Storm of Zehir work fine with roughly 20 hours. This was supposed to ship with mod tools as well which would optimistically provide more modules to play.

I did call it.
I'm expecting this to be a trainwreck, but my RPG options these days are extremely limited so whatever, I'm in it for a box. I'll still get to laugh at the people who think it'll turn out great.
Big promises, none of the writing appeals to me in the slightest, don't trust HobGob.
Tsk, expecting an update from HobGob.
It's not funding, it's donating money to people you don't really know for making a product you probably won't ever get. There are no guarantees for anything, they could take the money and make a big Obsidian hooker party without delivering any kind of product to you. You don't have any contract with them and they don't need to disclose their costs or expenses to you either.

Kickstarter is the PERFECT model for developer to receive money without any restrictions or liabilities to somebody. No publishers, no investors, only patrons who doesn't have any right on anything. And now the best part: the backer take 100% of the risk but 0% of the profits :)

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
eFWkuge.png

Odd statement, make what you have got the funding for to make and plan ahead accordingly.

Also, I seem to remember that they got additional money out of some German fund for video games or whathaveyou? Maybe it was Nazi gold and it got retracted once they fired Jürl Frenk. Or maybe I am remembering wrong.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After Deadfire, I have a hard policy of not backing crowd funded games. This game looks very sympathetic, but not enough to make me do an exception.

Blame Obsidian's "Narrative Designers".
I should note that since this post I made an exception, for Vagrus. That was after playing their demo however.

I am pretty confident Realms Beyond can raise a good amount of funding to get them to 2021 if they go public with their beta. Whether they will manage their project so as to release in 2021 however, I can't say.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
We are happy to announce that Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen has received additional funding from the FilmFernsehFonds Bayern!

The additional funds of 100.000 EUR are flowing directly into development, translating into more high quality content for you to experience.

Senior Level DesignerJanos Toth joins our team to fill our world with dangerous dungeons and tranquil villages for the player to explore. He has formerly worked on games like Battle Isle, History Line, Sacred Underworld, Sacred 2, The Settlers 5 and Spellforce 3, bringing plenty of experience with the RPG and RTS genres with him. You can check out his portfolio here.

Soon, we will also post another development update about the game. We have been hard at work optimizing our tools, especially the dialogue tool, in order to allow for heavy branching in quests and conversations, and to give player decisions as heavy an impact as possible. In our next update we will show off the capabilities of our dialogue tool in detail, along with some example dialogues.

Stay tuned!

Seems like I was right about the fund. But I was also wrong:

I have no doubts about this project, despite the lack of updates. I will trust Josh-sempais judgement on this.

That post didn't age well.

Yo Fluent you literal mongoloid sperglord don't you ever rate me or my son shit ever again how fucking dare you you goddamn fucking braindead watcher i swear ill fucking find you you hear now stop posting already good god almighty how much i despise you and your retarded fucking posts

It's fun reading old posts.

:Flash:

Arcane
This cannot be, I gave them so much money..

:shredder:

Also, which CEO, I thought Hobgoblin was the main guy of this project?
Hobgoblin is no longer the CEO since February. There used to be two CEOs, now the second guy, Timothy Drude, is the only CEO.
I have no background info, this is just the public info that any limited company must provide in Germany.

https://www.northdata.de/Ceres+Games+GmbH,+München/HRB+229809

Interesting, they only published their financial report for 2016, and none since then.

:Flash:

Arcane
UPDATE: So it's part of the original plan now... Make of that as you will.

WYAynDv.png
Oh, I didn't know that they had no funding outside of KS and the German Fernseh Fond. I assumed they did.
If that's indeed the case then that really must have always been the plan. It's clear that KS + Fond isn't enough to finish a game like RB. Pretty much all Kickstarters after the original megabux Kickstarters had external investors. Even Larian had it, even though they raked in a lot of cash.

Dodo1610

Arcane
So, one of the most anticipated RPGs of our time is now oficially vapourware?

:negative:
It's been vapourware for at least a decade.

Wait when was this originally announced?
Chaos Chronicles announced
Turn-based RPG from Coreplay.
  • 2012-08-13 14:41
Today bitComposer Games announced Chaos Chronicles, a turn-based RPG set to be released on PC at some point in 2013.
:abyssgazer:

This was announced one month before Bannerlord!

ArchAngel

Arcane
The only game right now that would make me want to create an EGS account if that was to happen. It looks like we're still at least one year away from release.

One year, one million €, one limo full of hookers and one kilo of cocaine to be exact...
Well germans....they do know how to burn trough money and achieve no results.
I think you might have been talking about Bulgarians, Germans almost conquered the known world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom