Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is cyberpunk 2077 going to be good

duke nukem

Augur
What is an RPG?
Depends on what year you are asking.
3 year ago features that made rpg was: 1. Skills& attributes 2. Choices & Consequences 3. non-linear story. 4. Reactive world
RPGCodex in 2020 defines rpg as follows: 1. Cinematic gameplay filled with irrelevant cutscenes. 2. Blue, green, purple weapons and items. 3. Gender pronouns.

So looks like CP2077 will be chosen as a game of the year.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is an RPG?
Depends on what year you are asking.
3 year ago features that made rpg was: 1. Skills& attributes 2. Choices & Consequences 3. non-linear story. 4. Reactive world
RPGCodex in 2020 defines rpg as follows: 1. Cinematic gameplay filled with irrelevant cutscenes. 2. Blue, green, purple weapons and items. 3. Gender pronouns.

So looks like CP2077 will be chosen as a game of the year.
Depends what other RPGs are released in the year, duh.

if there's nothing and just one mediocre game you can bet it's gonna win.

Anyway, who cares about e-penis measurements, just add 'dexers to your Steam friends list and see who's a man of culture and who's a savage, then make a decision based on what they are currently playing, which game to play or not.

Curratum

I see you're at 10 pages already.

Short answer is "No". Long answer is, it's not going to be abysmal but it neither score as much on metacritic or be objectively as good as Witcher 3.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Depends what other RPGs are released in the year, duh.

if there's nothing and just one mediocre game you can bet it's gonna win.

Anyway, who cares about e-penis measurements, just add 'dexers to your Steam friends list and see who's a man of culture and who's a savage, then make a decision based on what they are currently playing, which game to play or not.
Just speaking of steam lists, I only use steam for AAA and popamole modern games that don't get released on GOG. I get all my good RPGs on GOG because I can download and play them on various machines, including laptops which generally have the more appropriate resolution range and run the old games just as well as my 27" desktop gaming machine would. So my point is that seeing my Steam won't be a good attestation, better add me on Galaxy if you use that :) But I don't know if you can even view other people's library there.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
better add me on Galaxy if you use that

Fuck Galaxy.

Galaxy is shit, cause it has no Linux support. No Linux no party. Linux is the true incline, and codexer who runs on Windows 10 is a faggot who pretends to be against SJWs and globalists yet he installs their favorite operating system and gives them all his data. Sheep. GOG need to get their act together.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Galaxy is shit, cause it has no Linux support. No Linux no party. Linux is the true incline, and codexer who runs on Windows 10 is a faggot who pretends to be against SJWs and globalists yet he installs their favorite operating system and gives them all his data. Sheep. GOG need to get their act together.
Windows 7
rating_prestigious.png

Doktor Best

Arcane
The only correct answer is: We don't know enough to tell.

Oh and TemplarGR posts an awful lot in Cyberpunk threads for someone who is not interested in the game.

The only correct answer is: We don't know enough to tell.

Oh and TemplarGR posts an awful lot in Cyberpunk threads for someone who is not interested in the game.

I am just bored and i find shittalking the national game/product/achievement of 80% of the codex userbase (most of them potatoland residents) fun.

Not surprised at all you're not able to pay your debts with such attitude.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Not surprised at all you're not able to pay your debts with such attitude.

They are not my debts. Personally i am debt-free. No credit card debt, no student loans, nothing. I owe nothing to anyone. Yes the greek state took some loans without my consent and permission, because their german/french/american puppetmasters wanted to enslave the country through debt and bribed their greek government shills to do it, that's not my problem. I didn't benefit from those loans, nor my family. I literally saw no cent and nothing in my life benefited from those loans. If it was up to me, i would hang all those traitors, confiscate their property, and tell americans/germans/french/europeans to fuck off, i am not paying. This debt is not legal, not legit. In any case, not my debt, and i won't do nothing to repay it.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
And it worked - I am going after RTX 3070 once it hits the shelves, which is probably late october like with RTX 2070 2 yrs earlier. 2xxx GPUs proven to be worthless in CP2077 with ray tracing enabled as RTX 2080 Ti could only achieve 60fps with DLSS 2.0 active, at 1080p which is worthless. Ray tracing buffer is at half of the image resolution. With DLSS, it's half of that half at 1080p. Again, that was 2080 Ti.

Yeah, what a fucking sheeple you are, keep paying Nvidia so they can fuck you in the ass. You already acknowledge that RTX 2080 Ti was trash for raytracing and essentially non-viable, but you are going to pay top dollar for a new Nvidia gpu that is going to be around 10%-20% better 2 years after the 2080 Ti.

I can't stand sheeple. You keep buying Nvidia no matter what, it is the reason GPU performance has been stagnant for so long, you kept buying Nvidia even when AMD had the clearly superior cards at the same price, then you wonder why AMD didn't have the capital to invest in R&D and compete, then GPU prices exploded. Great job, retards.
Maybe if AMD didn't have shit drivers and could compete at the high end people would buy their video cards. The last good RTG card was the 9700 pro in the early 2000s back when they were still owned by ATI and even then I had driver issues with that card sometimes.

Melcar

Arcane
RTG did not exist back then you moron. It was just ATI. Radeon was their GPU line. ATI had several good cards and gave nvidia purple eyes more than a few times. AMD bought them out and changed their focus (compete with Intel). It has been years since AMD left the enthusiast GPU market (they admitted it).
As for the current state of the GPU market, you have coonsumers to blame. Nvidia simply made a gamble and it paid off. AMD has no reason to undercut them, not when people are willing to fork out thousands for a GPU now.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
RTG did not exist back then you moron. It was just ATI. Radeon was their GPU line.

This is nitpicky to the point of being retarded.

ATI had several good cards and gave nvidia purple eyes more than a few times. AMD bought them out and changed their focus (compete with Intel). It has been years since AMD left the enthusiast GPU market (they admitted it).
As for the current state of the GPU market, you have coonsumers to blame. Nvidia simply made a gamble and it paid off. AMD has no reason to undercut them, not when people are willing to fork out thousands for a GPU now.

I can't remember any other cards from ATI that won the performance crown. I do remember a couple of times AMD came out on top of Nvidia in fps but it was always within a few short months of Nvidia coming out with something even better and even in the cases where they could win at the fps game for 2-3 months you'd still run into issues that you wouldn't on Nvidia cards due to worse drivers and dev support. That's not the point anyway. The point is people don't buy their shit because it's not a good experience. Only poors who have to compromise to the point that they have to live with a worse experience buy the cards to save $50. There is nothing retarded about buying Nvidia because they just don't have any competition. Even the people who bought the 2000 series cards were making a good decision if all they cared about was the highest fps possible and best user experience, price be damned.

Personally I stuck with my 980 because I'm not rich and didn't really need a better card for 1080p gaming until now. I'll be first in line for a 3080 or 3080ti though.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Maybe if AMD didn't have shit drivers

If you are not buying the very high end gpu, AMD/ATI always had and still has best price/perf cards and no longer suffers from "shit drivers" for some years now. But people are still going for nvidia even for mid/low end cards, brand loyalty/fanboyism in computer hardware is retadred.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
If you are not buying the very high end gpu, AMD/ATI always had and still has best price/perf cards and no longer suffers from "shit drivers" for some years now. But people are still going for nvidia even for mid/low end cards, brand loyalty/fanboyism in computer hardware is retadred.
This is absolutely not true. People are still having issues with their drivers to this day. Especially in Japanese games. I've probably spent more time this year helping people with issues with AMD cards than I have playing games myself and it's only been a few months since the last huge driver debacle that had people flooding reddit with complaints. If you think they haven't had problems for years you haven't been paying attention.

Here's a couple of links to support my point:

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme...ng-black-screen-driver-issues-on-radeon-cards

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/radeon-big-navi-driver-issues-fix

Quillon

Arcane
This is absolutely not true. People are still having issues with their drivers to this day. Especially in Japanese games. I've probably spent more time this year helping people with issues with AMD cards than I have playing games myself and it's only been a few months since the last huge driver debacle that had people flooding reddit with complaints. If you think they haven't had problems for years you haven't been paying attention.

Here's a couple of links to support my point:

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme...ng-black-screen-driver-issues-on-radeon-cards

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/radeon-big-navi-driver-issues-fix

google nvidia driver issues you'll get similar links. recent years amd drivers vs 10 years ago is night and day difference, its just that people like to call amd drivers shit to feel good about paying more to nvidia.

Semiurge

Cipher
All video drivers are equally shit. Lack of proper QA is to blame, and to some degree their "complexity" even though that may just be more of an excuse. But releasing several driver versions in a month to keep up with new "features" is more important now.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I've used Linux. Mint, Manjaro, Arch, you name it.

Linux sucks and even the games that have native ports have less graphical features and/or fps than the Windows versions

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom