Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
5f02932ff8fbc416016d3ce5.jpg

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
If that's their idea of a final model for the female protagonist, I they should get mocked outside the Codex as well.

The voice actress in this "beta" is very bad, and a departure from Odyssey where they had a Greek-speaking actress to voice the protagonist. This one just sounds like she's from Nebraska.

I'd forgive that if she was any good, but she's p. bad. Unconvincing. Voice acting is difficult and an art.

I've seen the spergs here post pictures and animations of the female protagonist in Odyssey, claiming she looks like a man, the bitter little incels don't realize they're declaring their homosexual urges in the most faggy way possible.

Screenshots and one-second-clips prove jack and shit, since I've played the game it's so obviously bullshit - but it helps them go to sleep as they hump their Ezio body-pillow every night, so who am I to rob them of their only pleasure in their miserable existence?

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron

Two things:

One: In the fantasy game AC2, the "guns" I mentioned are pistols. Miniature, mechanical pistols. That's not a pistol.

Two: A hand cannon is not a gun, that's a hand-cannon. And certainly not a pistol, like in the game.

AC2 is garbage. Always has been, always will be.
cool_story_bro.png

Isak

Educated
Yeah this looks predictably terrible. Just Odyssey with a new coat of paint. I hate that everyone seems to love this clunky new brand of combat where you slip and slide around like you're on magic roller blades and it's all vague hit boxes with loose animations.

I just want to see well animated combat that requires skill not a plethora of goofy moves to kick human beings 20 ft across the floor or teleport across a camp with a magic assassination technique. Just give me tight combat with realistic moves and enemies that don't take 30 hits to kill.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Release seems to have be leaked and it's November 17. Two days before Cyberpunk.

Going head to head against Cyberpunk is a courageous choice by Ubi.

Yet another installment into the AC franchise will have a very hard time grabbing headlines and youtube videos, compared to a GTA Cyberpunk - let alone sales.

But the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I just want to see well animated combat that requires skill not a plethora of goofy moves to kick human beings 20 ft across the floor or teleport across a camp with a magic assassination technique. Just give me tight combat with realistic moves and enemies that don't take 30 hits to kill.

You expect to see something which never existed in the AC series.
rating_lulz.gif

"Tight combat with realistic moves" or Assassins Creed. Pick one you mega faggot.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

Yet another installment into the AC franchise will have a very hard time grabbing headlines and youtube videos, compared to a GTA Cyberpunk - let alone sales.

Odyssey came out same month as RDR2 and still sold well. But yeah , two days before the big release of the year is certainly brave.

"Tight combat with realistic moves" or Assassins Creed. Pick one you mega faggot.

Parkour in Unity requires quite a skill to master it. Of course you don't need 99% of time but there's some depth to it.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Really interested how successful Valhalla will be since the medieval setting is extremely popular in gaming and Odyssey was mostly positively received with 88% positive on Steam- So in theory, it could outsell Odyssey which was already really successful. Ubisoft is in dire need of a hit since all of their big releases in 2019 underperformed even Divison 2. Cyberpunk 2077 on the other side is expected to be the first RPG that wasn't made by Beth to outsell most AAA shooters so releasing your game anywhere close to that game is really risky.

Last edited:

duke nukem

Augur
Release seems to have be leaked and it's November 17. Two days before Cyberpunk.

But the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

You expect to see something which never existed in the AC series.
rating_lulz.gif

These are two completely different genres.:deathclaw:

But cyberflop is going to suffer more. Atleast AC will be relatively sjw free game. Cyberflop is going to have non-stop bombardment of sjw,tranny, alpabet propaganda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom