Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 6 - soap opera continues, this time in Cuba

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-6

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/far-cry-6/home

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ms-breaking-bads-giancarlo-esposito-will-star
jpg

Far Cry 6 has been revealed a little earlier than planned via a PlayStation Store leak, which has listed it for launch on 18th February 2021. Breaking Bad and The Mandalorian star Giancarlo Esposito will play a major role as the dictator of Yara, a fictional country which looks heavily-inspired by Cuba. You play as Dani Rojas, a local guerrilla fighter who takes on the dictator's rule.

Is the big end game twist going to be that the player becomes the next vicious dictator who rules the country with an iron first or they don't and their side-kick/mission giver becomes the next dictator, or the country descends into total anarchy and the U.S. takes over, or it gets nuked, or they just end by telling the player they should have stayed in bed or some other dark and grim ending like they pretty much all seem to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ms-breaking-bads-giancarlo-esposito-will-star
jpg

Far Cry 6 has been revealed a little earlier than planned via a PlayStation Store leak, which has listed it for launch on 18th February 2021. Breaking Bad and The Mandalorian star Giancarlo Esposito will play a major role as the dictator of Yara, a fictional country which looks heavily-inspired by Cuba. You play as Dani Rojas, a local guerrilla fighter who takes on the dictator's rule.

Is the big end game twist going to be that the player becomes the next vicious dictator who rules the country with an iron first or they don't and their side-kick/mission giver becomes the next dictator, or the country descends into total anarchy and the U.S. takes over, or it gets nuked, or they just end by telling the player they should have stayed in bed or some other dark and grim ending like they pretty much all seem to have.

Maybe the game will start with your alarm clock going off, and if you wait in your bedroom for 10 mins you get the alternative ending where the character sleeps in and everything goes better than if you'd gotten involved.

Every FC game seems to have an "alternative" ending like that these days.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Not!Africa, Not!Indonesia, Not!Tibet, Not!The Midwest and now Not!Cuba. For a multicultural team of various faiths and beliefs, they're quite good at filing off geographical serial numbers.

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
Good news I guess, these games are plenty of fun and you know exactly what to expect.

Love how your name is "Dani" - presumably so you can pick a male or female character, but the voice actors only have to record one set of lines. Smooth lateral thinking, Ubisoft.

ADL

Prophet
Vaas is apparently coming back so it'll be a nice little Better Call Saul reunion. Appreciated considering that shit ain't coming back anytime soon.

Lemming42

Arcane
The FC formula was already miked dry in FC3. While FC4 refined it a bit, it was already creatively bankrupt.

True that it hasn't really changed since FC3, but it's a good formula you can spin endless games out of:

- The protagonist becomes trapped somewhere, hunted by a murderous enemy force. The only way to survive/escape is to fight
- The majority of the game is free-roaming and clearing outposts while upgrading yourself and your gear
- The outpost-clearing is sometimes broken up by the plot, which takes the form of heavily scripted action sequences where you escape capture, have a gay helicopter chase, run away from explosions etc
- "Spiritual" levels that literally nobody enjoys, where you trip out on drugs or contact your spirit guide or some other stupid shit
- The game finally ends with a really dumb Epic Choice Moment to tie everything together

As long as the maps are suitably distinct from each other and the outposts are tightly designed with multiple approaches in mind, they can definitely milk it for at least one more game.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The later Far Cry games are all good, until they're suddenly not. Which for me is always about 10 hours in. After that the repetition kicks in and the feeling to start the game up just vanishes. I've had exactly the same experience with Fc2, FC3, Primal and FC5. From 'Omg this is actually a lot better than I thought' to, 'it's good and I'm still enjoying it, although I can feel it's getting a bit repetitive', and finally 'I can't stand doing this anymore, uninstall'. The mystery is why I've bought bloody 4 of them. I'm blaming Gaben and the damn Steam sales.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Seems too similar to Far Cry 4. That one was about an evil dictator and civil war, too.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
That one was about an evil dictator
If you played till the end, you would've discovered that the rebellion was the baddies, while the dictator is keeping it all from going to shit.

At least that's what my wife tells me. I couldn't stomach that game.

No way they'll say commies are misunderstood in 6. They will be the biggest baddies of all.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
The later Far Cry games are all good, until they're suddenly not. Which for me is always about 10 hours in. After that the repetition kicks in and the feeling to start the game up just vanishes. I've had exactly the same experience with Fc2, FC3, Primal and FC5. From 'Omg this is actually a lot better than I thought' to, 'it's good and I'm still enjoying it, although I can feel it's getting a bit repetitive', and finally 'I can't stand doing this anymore, uninstall'. The mystery is why I've bought bloody 4 of them. I'm blaming Gaben and the damn Steam sales.

Far Cry primal was a total piece of shit until they released the survivor mode and then it suddenly became interesting and worth playing. Which just goes to show, ubishit is capable of making these games good, they just dont because retards eat up slop like pigs at a trough and beg for more.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Far Cry 5 had one of my most favorite AAA game soundtracks in recent years. Hope this one delivers on that aspect

Dodo1610

Arcane
Vaas is apparently coming back so it'll be a nice little Better Call Saul reunion. Appreciated considering that shit ain't coming back anytime soon.

This just makes no sense his name is Vaas Montenegro and he was a member of the Rakyat warrior tribe in southeast Asia and now he is Diego a son of a dictator in a Latin American county. This either Ubisoft's lazy character design or the most stupid retcon I have seen in years.

Also here is the full leak
rMR5SUg.png

No mentions of New Dawns "RPG" elements so hopefully, no levelled weapons or enemies.
Also if this really is based on Cuba you might get to kill commies

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom