Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interesting bug reported in the forums in the Feats bugs thread.

Rapid shot: if you change targets on your last attack it will keep firing til you run out of ammo or the creature dies. Funny part is it keeps taking 5 off each attack after and I walked away and came back and saw that my last attack was at -542

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jasede I gave up: I'm going to drink underwater. But I still don't see how the encounter is doable at level 2, even using the Deep Slumber scroll. The priest has too many HD to be influenced along the other creatures, so you have to cast Deep Slumber to only hit him and a frog somehow (a simple Sleep is out of the question, because he his too big for it). If you only send the frogs to sleep, the priest just awakens them and it's still game over. I'm going down with the wizard and a warrior (sometimes the mantis, sometimes the half-giant fighter) and I can't really see a way out.

I think I've already reloaded 20 times for this fight alone (at least half of them because the game crashed, but still...)

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
What I did was I Deep Slumbered the frogs and one of the other dudes, whatever they are, leaving the priest and one other dude awake, and then sent my barb after those two. Frogs are vulnerable to almost anything, so a Grease or an ordinary Sleep puts them right out again, if necessary. The priest will waste his turns waking them. The other dude not sleeping got caught up with by the barb before he could even move, thus preventing him from waking anybody. A summoned skellington helps as well. You do need some decent burst damage though.

More minmaxed parties will probably have even more foolproof strategies.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
What I did was I Deep Slumbered the frogs and one of the other dudes, whatever they are, leaving the priest and one other dude awake, and then sent my barb after those two. Frogs are vulnerable to almost anything, so a Grease or an ordinary Sleep puts them right out again, if necessary. The priest will waste his turns waking them. The other dude not sleeping got caught up with by the barb before he could even move, thus preventing him from waking anybody. A summoned skellington helps as well. You do need some decent burst damage though.
Yeah, I am almost there, but... my fucking mantis is grappled by a sleeping frong:
37CCTBH.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

In the end, a summoned water elemental after the Deep Slumber was super effective and killed 1.5 enemies per round on average. I wouldn't have been able to do it without a Grease on the priest, however.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

In the end, a summoned water elemental after the Deep Slumber was super effective and killed 1.5 enemies per round on average. I wouldn't have been able to do it without a Grease on the priest, however.
Are the trident and the cuirass worth it? The trident doesn't seem very special, but maybe I'm missing something; the armor gives a nice bonus to initiative, but the diamond is worth a lot of money.

On an unrelated note: is there a way to manually edit hit points gained on level up? A couple of bad rolls can really screw your entire playthrough.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Mmm, juicy, this is good, this is good.
After reinstalling I beat the Chapter 3 intro fight again, using only 2 scrolls (Tornado and Earthquake) and with no deaths. Then the game crashed after I wanted to look at the new NPC's inventory. This is good. This is fun. I am fine with things as they are currently unfolding.

Noddy

Augur
Noddy if you haven't already done so, killing the dragon and elemental in the lower left hand side of the map opens up another campfire.

We're neck and neck mate. Got one fight left before i go knock on the front door again.

If you want to be really mad at me: i haven't used a rest yet. Turns out fast spells and psi is retardly broken. I didn't even realise the battlement fights were supposed to have dragons until the fourth one when i was pissing about to save pp.
I can see why Pierre was is annoyed about the xp trick. But m-muh dragons.
Think you should catch me in levels now though anyway. Two lvl difference is showing almost almost twice the xp per fight.

Mortmal

Arcane
Something went wrong in the last room this time and the devil lord didn't show up so I was actually able to struggle to victory, but frankly I'm rather glad though it doesn't exactly rest on my conscience easy, clearly Pierre designed this room to ensure nobody ever got past it.
You remember what went wrong so it dont show up ? This room is a nighmare you cant even back up squishies further away.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Are the trident and the cuirass worth it? The trident doesn't seem very special, but maybe I'm missing something; the armor gives a nice bonus to initiative, but the diamond is worth a lot of money.

On an unrelated note: is there a way to manually edit hit points gained on level up? A couple of bad rolls can really screw your entire playthrough.

The trident is bugged as soon as you load game it reverts to its shitty normal form. Take the gem.

Mortmal

Arcane
You remember what went wrong so it dont show up ? This room is a nighmare you cant even back up squishies further away.

No clue, it just didn't show up.
Ok so if its dont bug i cant go to chapter 4... That demon lord is invulnerable to everything, no party composition will change that , melee dont hit, spells dont land .I kinda hoped there was some mechanism triggering or not the summon.Like characters dying in the circle. Now thats jsut insanity, did the rpevious room without trouble so it hought the elvel was ok.

Noddy

Augur
Ok so if its dont bug i cant go to chapter 4... That demon lord is invulnerable to everything, no party composition will change that , melee dont hit, spells dont land .I kinda hoped there was some mechanism triggering or not the summon.Like characters dying in the circle. Now thats jsut insanity, did the rpevious room without trouble so it hought the elvel was ok.

OK HERES THE PLAN:

Use a scroll of dominate monster to take control of the two sword dudes.
Lower the SR of the demon with the psi/wizard spell.
Spam banish at the fucker.

OR

Cast break enchantment to get rid of suppressed sword.
Bash the demons brains in.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Just noticed the wand of ice blast you find in the fire cave is a frost weapon as well, so it does nice melee hits to everyone there as an offhand or on your caster

Mortmal

Arcane

OK HERES THE PLAN:

Use a scroll of dominate monster to take control of the two sword dudes.
Lower the SR of the demon with the psi/wizard spell.
Spam banish at the fucker.

OR

Cast break enchantment to get rid of suppressed sword.
Bash the demons brains in.
Sound a good plan, except i dont have the scroll, the psionist could cast it but only 50% chance, that if has initiative and they dont just whirlwind party. Break enchantment on the kobold.. But i have no banish .
Edit: nope dominate dont land half the time... as expected

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I'd already be inside this fucking keep if the surprise round actually worked right, I got pretty close, but then that cocksucking lich from earlier showed up when I wasn't expecting it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/2890077

Update #34: KotC 2 Version 1.01 Now Available For Download!

Hello everyone! :)

Hurray!! As promised, version 1.01 of KotC 2 Augury of Chaos for Windows is here! The new version fixes all of the major issues found in version 1.00.

To download the game, please visit: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/DigiVendorPro/download.php

List of bug fixes in version 1.01
  • Fixed problems with the use of potions of Water Breathing
  • Fixed spellcasting out of combat, including Mage Armour
  • Fixed problems occurring after creating your party
  • Fixed problems occurring when selecting certain dialogue choices
  • Fixed problems occurring when moving from one map to another
  • Fixed problems with quick loading
  • Fixed problems with the inventory screen of the Mantis
  • Fixed problems associated with the Swallow Whole ability
  • Fixed a couple of places in the game where a crash would occur
  • Fixed the feats Fast Whirlwind Attack, Improved Whirlwind Attack and Zen Archery
  • Fixed level and BAB requirements for Feat Selection when Levelling-Up
  • Fixed dialogue with the goblin tribes
  • Fixed the missing racial bonus of Stillfinger Halflings
  • Fixed robe crafting (no ingot required, and fixed the icon when enchanted)
A couple of things I have found out about KotC 2
  • Please turn off Windows Display Scaling. P.S. You do not need DirectX for KotC 2.
  • If the game freezes when opening the party-member selection screen, this is due to an issue with the audio drivers. Please try setting a different sound device, reinstalling OpenAL and pasting the latest libsndfile-1.dll file into the folder C:/Knights of the Chalice 2.
Next Steps for Knights of the Chalice 2
  • Fix all of the remaining bugs
  • Adjust difficulty / create options that will make the game easier
  • Send out the KotC 1 Steam keys
  • Apply the bug fixes to the 32-bit Mac version and release it
  • Compile 64-bit Mac and Windows versions and release them
  • Will respond to Kickstarter comments, Forum comments and Discord comments once most of the above have been taken care of
  • Add Forum Badges to KS backers
  • Add names of KS backers into the KotC 2 Credits Screen
Where should I report bugs and submit suggestions?
On the Forums: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=8

On the Discord server: Discord Invite Link, Discord Server Link

If you have any concerns, you can also email me at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com or through a Kickstarter private message.

Thank You So Much For Your Patience, Brave Heroes!! Enjoy! :)

Mortmal

Arcane
Well thanks Noddy i think the clue tot his fight is indeed domination. If only i had a wizard spec into this he could learn the scroll and be more efficient. Now its reload till initiative , and reload as long both are not charmed. Fantastic encounter design pierre !

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Adjust difficulty / create options that will make the game easier
I wonder what this will entail. Will he redo the encounters, make some more side areas for loot/XP, and/or add options for max stats, max HP, etc.?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom