Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

eXalted

Arcane
A really tiny part of the weapons in this game.

rTAzrD7.png

I should start cleaning my weapon storage.

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane
What's the "Don't panic!" ?
Space towel. Can be worn in the WEAR slot like the shawl next to it.
When all seems lost, just grab onto it and read what it says! You'll be surprised how useful it can be. A best-selling item amongst smart people all over the Galaxy - just like the famous Hitchhiker's Guide says! Now in elegant black! Can be yours for a low, low price!
Reduces the effects of Cold AND Hot damage by 1/5, up to 50% final Resistance. When present in the inventory, it also regenerates 3 Morale per turn (yes, holding it in your hand counts - how else would you keep it on during all the movement?).

boot

Prophet
I've been playing Mountain Blade Warband

a7m4nKs.jpg

I didn't like the helm and gloves I gave Isolla after we overthrew Harlaus, so I removed them

Native, no mods at all, I use a savegame editor for companions when I screw up something though

I'm managing to use all 16 companions by telling my core group of 8 to get along with the other 8 that come and go. When a core group companion gets pissed, or before a long siege, I send away the companions he hates. It works pretty well, except Borcha, Rolf and Marnid seem to be a lower priority to return from spy missions, they've disappeared for weeks and months as Lezalit, Katrin, and Artimmer constantly return.

In order to cycle fully through them you have to let your core companions morale dip sort of low. Borcha and Marnid are severely undertrained at this point in the game, but I plan on making Lezalit, Matheld, and Rolf lords, and Nizar will likely remain a minister so I can send him out on Diplomatic missions whenever I need him (I've pumped his persuasion up after reading a forum post by some guy who said he uses him exclusively as an envoy because he reminds him of the dude who got kicked into a pit in the movie 300 :lol:) and they should see more time in the warband later on.

Lord-to-be companions and Nizar use only equipment their default stats allow (though I did give Matheld enough AGI to use a charger) non core, non lord companions use siege crossbows and chargers.

The SWADIAN REBLLION AND WAR OF RHODOK AGGRESSION/BEGINNING OF AN AMBITION

jH4zNVs.jpg

the virgin siege warfare participant pictured in foreground, CHAD nordic castle smasher can be seen flying toward enemy rampart

I'm playing a slow game, grinded on bandits with companions until we had businesses in near every city, then began working as a mercenary for each of the kingdoms. As a mercenary it was just more of the same grind, we sometimes took part in battles and sieges but much of the time we left the lands of our employer for most of the contract duration to grind bandits in other lands. I have my companions on hunters and sea raider equipment up to this point (as on hunters they can outride mounted bandits) but we begin buying them chargers and equipment befitting what will be one day be a KANGZ personal guard.

Our last contracts we took on with the weakened Swadians and the super aggressive Nords, and we used those battles to train a 75 man band of Huscarls. The Swadian kingdom had held out very admirably against constant attacks but in the end only managed to hold onto Suno through our intervention in their sieges. In order to preserve the kingdom we would have to save it ourselves. And so around day 250 we pledged ourselves to Lady Isolla of Suno, who's claim was JUST and FAIR and GOOD, and began to overthrow Harlaus, who had many righteous lords under him, but not many lands.

I've never progressed this deep into mountain blade before, and I soon found out the best way to win sieges is to equip nothing but a bow and arrows, get rid of the castles ranged units or let them waste all their ammunition... then walk up the ramp and shoot the AI in the face. Anything else wastes too many troops. Sometimes we can get our personal guard through a breach and have them open fire from inside the castle's own fortifications, but usually I feel like we've cheated. Killing bandits early game with bad equipment was much more thrilling.

We cannot face King Harlaus in the field, as he has at least 50 heavy cavalry and 150 other troops besides that. Instead we pick off his lords and overthrow his castles as fast as he can take them back. Our army outmaneuvers theirs and is tireless, Jeremus works miracles to save the wounded and our force of Huscarls stays mostly intact, though we begin adding Swadians to one day train into knights and face Harlaus in the field. We are able to resupply in Nord occupied Praven and Rhodok controlleld Uxhaul, and hire mercenaries.

The rebellion is not making any ground amongst the lords though. We fail miserably in persuading even disaffected lords. (I think it's mostly because we cannot grant them lands immediately, after seizing a castle we are forced to immediately assign it) It looks like we'll be fighting guerrilla style for a very long time.

xM4x4hP.jpg

boot's relations to Lord Klargus 100: Devoted

Then this magnificent bastard throws his support to the rebellion. He had been pissed with Harlaus for some time and for some reason, though Harlaus held his court in Suno, he did not send Klargus into exhile. I'd been killing bandits for the guy for nearly half a year and he trusted me.

Now the rebels held the only Swadian city. We were a legitimate threat now, all thanks to him. And to top it off, he immediately tells me to go meet his daughter for some romance. Great guy, 10/10. I think we will consider marrying into the family.

96WV1kZ.jpg

With Klargus's aid we're able to face off against Harlaus's 200man army even without significant heavy cavalry, and after many defeats in the field, his lords cannot muster up much of a force, they have trouble defeating even the basic garrison Isolla puts in Vyincourt. The field is ours and Only Rybeliet and Haringoth castle remain unmolested by our force and with full garrisons (they are castles we cannot take within hours with ladders)

Klargus is again instumental in bringing down Rybeliet castle, his force absorbs most of the losses. We advise Isolla to allow him to keep the land, being our most important vassal and he grows extremely fond of his new liege. We then march toward Tevarin and take it one more time. The enemy manages to take back Rybielet but we recapture it easily, and again Isolla gives the lands to Klargus, who loves her now.

We may be able to close the rebellion inside of a month, if we are able to take Haringoth Harlaus will own no lands, his lords will leave him, and there will be peace!

xa0nb3U.jpg

Taken after Isolla is recognized as the legitimate ruler of Swadia

Well, that's exactly what happened. Except there was no peace. As we marched on Haringoth the Rhodoks saw a chance to destroy the Swadians forever and marched on SUNO with over 1000 men. The Rhodoks were in excellent posistion with not one disloyal lord, and many of them. They also owned Shariz and castles surrounding Dhirim at this point.

Klargus and I defeated several hundred coming from the west, then captured Haringoth in one massive and bloody siege that left both our armies crippled. Of the 75 Huscarls we began with their were only maybe 25 left alive from the constant sieges. Our force was now Swadian, with mercenaries making up for lost Huscarls. The Rhodoks immediately took Haringoth, and later Rybeliet, but it did not matter, as long as it was denied to Harlaus.

We returned to Suno and fought the Rhodoks with the garrison for many days, recovering when we could. They continued to lay siege to Suno after the first attempt failed, but these were usually less than 1000 men, and we were able to recover, sometimes chasing down a lord still loyal to Harlaus as well as Harlaus himself.

Eventually the Rhodoks stopped coming, and we took back the castles we had fought for earlier. I requested Vycincourt for myself and received it, and we had our first castle, though now we would have to hold it against the Rhodoks, who would surely come. I began to travel toward a castle where King Graveth was feasting, to ask for peace, so we could wait for Isolla to be recognized as Queen (Harlaus's lords had all defected, after only a week without lands). Suddenly, Isolla pronounced the rebellion complete and left the party -The speech she gave was pretty sweet and I wish I screenshotted it- and all the lords feasting with Graveth came out of the castle to attempt to kill me. I guess I no longer enjoyed diplomatic immunity or something and had no chance to broker peace with their king.

I called for Klargus and waited for the enemy at Vycincourt, they came with about 500 and we barely survived. Our whole army including Jeremus was badly wounded. I killed the last few units myself with a broken shield and a random weapon I picked up off the ground, the fighting here was truly desperate and chaotic. Fighting off 3 guys with 10hp and I think a spiked club... we would have to lose our only castle.

4lELpSn.jpg

Dawn

Usually, when I play a video game, I'm very tempted to restart with what I've learned to optimize the next playthrough by midgame (and I do this forever and ever with videogames I love- mountain blade is becoming one of those) but the random nature of kingdom wars and politics that leads to these dramatic situations keeps me from doing that. I'll nevar have another playthough like this, I can't throw it away.

Klargus relieves us just in time, allowing us to recover and repulse the attackers. I love Klargus, he is a true bro, it cannot be conveyed in text how strongly I feel about this fella right here

Having smashed the Rhodoks in pieces many times by now, I grow weary of fighting. We begin building a reserve garrison and hope Graveth will make peace with Isolla. At this point I realize the extreme power of heavy cavalry and decide I want 100 knights on call at all times, and begin working toward that goal. With 100 knights we can crush any Rhodok force in the field.

Isolla makes her way down to Vyincourd soon after this, she has a massive 400 man army behind her, and I decide we ought to take back UXHAUL- rightful Swadian clay with that force, which will give us many more villages to recruit from and assign to lords.

Even after taking UXHAUL the Rhodoks continue wasting themselves on us, though Isolla (who rightfully takes possession of the city) is able to scare the enemy away from attacking in force. A few decent lords join us, though they are given no lands.

ELQ19ga.jpg

I did not want to push our young Queen's lands out to the mid map, but as the Rhodoks would not stop attacking, I led Isolla and Klargus, and a new guy named Aedin on a blitz around Dhirim, and we took their castles. Sensing weakness, the Sarranids and the Vaegirs start to war with the Rhodoks, and finally King Graveth offers peace to Lady Isolla of Suno, who accepts.

I never expected to hold these castles. Isolla offers all of them to me, and I accept one, Reindini. Another goes to Aedin, who I think is a good choice. Isolla is very good at assigning lands I think, refusing to give them to the disloyal cunts that show up in her court and refuse to go on campaign, being Swadian nobles in name only and not doing any share of the fighting.

Still, the weakness of a AI rulers is apparent to me now, and I see I must strike out on our own. Truly, no king or Queen can unite Caldaria. There are none worth serving with all our life.

I begin moving my elite force of Knights to Reindini castle, and fostering relations with the villages surrounding Dhirim. We will take Dhirim from the horse lords (who have ravaged the Sarranids and are pushing into Vaegir lands) and begin our own kingdom.

First, I think we're gonna marry Klargus' daughter though, while there is still peace. I was reluctant to do it as she wasn't as hot as some of the Nord babes, but we flirted with her and she said some pretty cute stuff, I think she's a tomboy

____

lady Nelda disappeared from the game, along with her mother

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Completed Gothic.

End battle was meh. Mad Dog stunlocked me with his spell, but I barely managed to attack him enough times to kill him.
No idea if his minions were supposed to go aggro or not, but there were lots of them, and they were immune to arrows and hit very hard, much harder than the Demon Lords guarding the five hearts.

The Unnamed Hero right before his victory:
yLkmqS6.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Completed Gothic.

End battle was meh. Mad Dog stunlocked me with his spell, but I barely managed to attack him enough times to kill him.
No idea if his minions were supposed to go aggro or not, but there were lots of them, and they were immune to arrows and hit very hard, much harder than the Demon Lords guarding the five hearts.

The Unnamed Hero right before his victory:
yLkmqS6.jpg

Now you can play Gothic with mods. I recommend > Golden Mod.

It allows you to become A GURU.

And changes a little the story

nST3qtb.png

K5MYKku.png

Wj43cwa.png

z6PHxIP.png

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is F76 actually any good at this point? When a launch is so fucking disastrous that it becomes Internet Historian's best video, I had completely written it off. I might grab it in a sale though just to see it for myself. Do you feel like you need to use the IRL money shop at all?

Codex Year of the Donut
Is F76 actually any good at this point? When a launch is so fucking disastrous that it becomes Internet Historian's best video, I had completely written it off. I might grab it in a sale though just to see it for myself. Do you feel like you need to use the IRL money shop at all?
It's ok. Wastelanders content was actually pretty good, way above what I expected.

Codex Year of the Donut
To add to the thread:

My hobbit found himself embedded in Théoden's Riders as they flanked the Mordor-host on the Pelennor Fields.
Screen-Shot-2020-07-10-150342-0.jpg

Field-of-Onslaught-map.jpg

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It's ok. Wastelanders content was actually pretty good, way above what I expected.

:what:

sser

Arcane
Developer
9DBF9CE43819DF4402C0CD3E09F64E580AFD3021

O-oh! Th-those damned Taliban! How the fuck did they get that there??

upload_2020-7-11_13-39-7.png

53FA89AEB89410261F30FEC8899E6495CB65EBA5

Cadre 19? :shredder:

CDE1026C63BE56A8A16396F7601E76BC3B583BC9

The most hardcore nationalist is the guy who looks like he peddles yo-yo's outside of a coffee shop :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom