Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Machocruz

Arcane
Yeah, darn media and all its vaginas being perfect and shit. All those samey looking standard vaginas all over the place in media. Like not one imperfect vagina in all of the Marvel films or any episode of Criminal Mind or on Fox News

Harthwain

Magister
I like how "the most anticipated RPG of the year" is mostly compared to GTA, Watch Dogs and Borderlands of all things. Oh, what a marvelous time we live in!
That's because it's an action game first and that's the kind of gameplay we see. I am sure there will be come comparisons Deus Ex: Human Revolution too.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope CDPR will respect the choices we made in The Witcher 3 by letting us import our old saves so we can bang Ciri with our maxed out dong in Cyberpunk 2077.:hug:

Ciri better get ready.

dJBegnh.jpg

oIP3RHw.jpg

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I took a look at the ResetEra thread

It's just sad

Man, instant meltdown. Twatter dude sure knows how to push their buttons.

07f32d1a7df0cd0303de34006ae5e692.png

Miss Flappy Clam throwing a hissy fit over here.
I don't understand it if anyone's legitimately upset about it. Nearly all of the game is in first person. I doubt there will be a lot of sequences where you're spreading your legs in front of a mirror.

Zlaja

Arcane
I love how there are already "leveling guides" for CP2077 on YT with 100ks of likes..

Fucking subhumans!

Combat in TW2 was terrible, more rolling around than Fable

Yeah, but at least it was more challenging than the combat in TW3.

Story branching was of questionable quality as well.

No, it was good. I don't understand the whining about the elf path. I like it more then Roche's path. Sure, Roche is a bro but that doesn't make his path much better somehow.

Harthwain

Magister
No, it was good. I don't understand the whining about the elf path. I like it more then Roche's path. Sure, Roche is a bro but that doesn't make his path much better somehow.
Roche's path is more interesting politically (including its implications). Iorweth's path boils down to "freedom fighters!".

Zlaja

Arcane
Roche's path is more interesting politically (including its implications). Iorweth's path boils down to "freedom fighters!".

Iorweth's path has a more interesting location, big ass chickens and lesbomancy.

Codex Year of the Donut
Dear god, TemplarGR has been right a lot lately. What is going on in this clown universe?
OJC was indeed right. Social media is part of marketing, and the marketing budgets for AAA video games are absurd.

I'm not convinced that more manpower would, however, create the game any faster than it currently is being made. See: Brook's law.

Beowulf

Arcane
OJC dropped some nice truth bombs here. Well done. Twitter faggots. These days AAA companies pay more shills and "marketing personel" and CEO bonuses than they pay developers and artists to make games. Then they complain they need to increase base price to 70$ cause "making games is expensive". Faggots.

It's a marketing machine. Companies on that (AAA) level need to create consumer interest and sustain potential buyers engagement. Entertainment products like games and movies don't exist in a vacuum, with todays information noise in the media you need to somehow push information about yours up to the top. One could even argue that they wouldn't be able to pay that much to developers and artists in the first place, if not for those media hype mills.

Look at Pathologic - it's a great game with great art - wouldn't they earn more if they managed to sell more copies? Where did you hear about this game, apart from nigger hating (or loving - I don't know what's the recent rumour) forums and some youtubers, that are also not that popular.

Beowulf

Arcane
Dear god, TemplarGR has been right a lot lately. What is going on in this clown universe?
OJC was indeed right. Social media is part of marketing, and the marketing budgets for AAA video games are absurd.

Absurd by what standards? You have to look at the issue from different perspective - those companies are creating revenue streams and are investing in activities that will grant them best returns within given risk threshold.
Quality product can only get you that far. But exposure in digital media can get you farther in present market environment.

Not that I endorse that policy, but we are not leaving in an ideal world, where everyone makes informed decisions based on codexers butthurt threads.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

Absurd by what standards? You have to look at the issue from different perspective - those companies are creating revenue streams and are investing in activities that will grant them best returns within given risk threshold.
Quality product can only get you that far. But exposure in digital media can get you farther in present market environment.

Not that I endorse that policy, but we are not leaving in an ideal world, where everyone makes informed decisions based on cedexers butthurt threads.
Snarky twitter posts don't make me want to buy their tranny simulator game.

Sykar

Arcane

I'm not convinced that more manpower would, however, create the game any faster than it currently is being made. See: Brook's law.

Even a blind retard like him might stumble over a corn or two every so often.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom