Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Last phase Sirus is just a matter of practice. You don't see him a lot for a while, so you have to go by sound queues for both the "DIE!" and the "Feel the thrill of the void!" beam attacks. Mobility skills (and corrupted blood/shock immunity) are your friends in that phase, it's why people highly recommend a "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted in you" jewel corruption for the fight. He almost always does both of these beam attacks immediately after the quad-beam, so leapslamming/flamedashing into another quadrant is the way to do it. You can also keep attacking him as he charges up the quad-beam, if you look closely enough you will be able to see which of the four apparition is the real one.

How to deal with the off-screen attacks: "DIE!" beam you just dash away from your current location as soon as you hear him say it, and you should be able to avoid atleast 3 of the 4 hits.
The apparition beam has multiple sound-queues, although he usually only uses the first two. Dodge into a different quadrant as hes about to say the bolded parts. It's either "Feel the thrill of THE VOID" or "You will long for NONEXISTANCE". There's two that I essentially never heard during any of my kills, but just in case, they're "Meaning is ONLY AN ILLUSION" and "You cling to life ONLY OUT OF IGNORANCE".

As long as you switch quadrants either by running fast or ideally using a mobility skill as he gets to the bolded parts of the voicelines lets you avoid these, otherwise it's likely you will get offscreened. Once those two beam-attacks are over you have some uptime where he fires regular lasers, then he eventually does the corridor or meteor attack and shit just repeats. Keep in mind that while it might feel like a good idea to stay away from him, Sirus is actually easiest if you try to hug him as closely as possible, just sidestepping each of his attacks as much as possible. If he teleports away, jump after him as quickly as you can. Not seeing Sirus is the most likely way to die.

You will most likely fail Sirus or only kill him on the last portal a few times until you get the last phase down. Once you do, however, it's one of the easier fights because he doesn't actually have a dps-check and all his abilities can be manually dodged. While Shaper/UElder are cleaner fights mechanically, they both had a dps-check. Sirus doesn't.

eklektyk

Erudite
i somewhat dissagree on sirius last phase being easy and no dps check oriented

the longer it last the more rng can fuck you [and by rng i mean his abilities have disabled cooldowns from the version of him that was initially introduced - its completly random what he and his aparition will do - its even posible for you to get ported into a maze and get slammed with metor at the same time - chances are exremyly low but it can happen]

ggg"fix" for this fight in decopupling sirius/apparition and decreassing/nulling cooldowns on his abilities leading to its spam is wat makes last phase a clusterfuck of a terrible dev meddling

whole fight was designed to be mechanical in nature resembing elder/uelder but them going back there and busting code around made it puerly ranged dps check

puting it simply more dps you can put on him / aka how fast you can kill him determines how hard rng can fuck you [i had some fights when die beams were consecutive and with no coldown/intermission of anything in beetween]

and dont get me on dots and invis shit on ground or textures for wall or siurius not loadong and you getting forced to guess what the fuck is going on ... or after ggg"fixed" storms sirius still sometimes decides to sloooowly stroll thru all of them before youre able to "activate" him properly since he decided to chill in the middle of storm and just fuck with you running around ....

it is a clusterfuck and even streamer that did him countles times stoped shilling for ggg that it is a nice fight ...

unles you go with cookiecutter build and dps him in a flash then its ez

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Those issues have been fixed quite some time ago, and it had little to do with cooldown changes and everything to do with dying in the fight and PoEs terrible issue of abilities pausing while you are dead/not in the area/not close enough. That means that as you run in, the ability you potentially died to is still ongoing and then another one is being cast on top of it. Which is why I said that the fight is quite easy as long as you don't die, because that can potentially mess things up pretty badly.

I had double quadbeams once this league, and another meteor+double-beam combo. Both were a direct cause of me dying during the beam phase and running in too fast so Sirus already queued up the next ability, while the beams paused as I was dead/running back in. The trick is to not run back on top of him, but instead get close enough for him to start using regular beams or the "DIE" beam but not close enough to get teleported for the corridor/meteor attacks.

The fight simply has no DPS check, not since they changed the way vortexes work and them being pushed away automatically. Shaper and Elder both had somewhat clear dps-checks, with Zana/Shaper dying in the fights if your dps was low, and UElder had squids leaving shit all over the place which eventually killed you because you ran out of space. Sirius doesn't have an issue like that, not since they reworked him (and fixed most of the bugs like the stairs or shitty spell-queuing). The issue is bad PoE coding, in particular invisible and/or delayed effects of abilities due to being out of the area. There's work arounds for all of these, and once you're aware of them Sirius is a cheap and boring fight. Be tanky enough to not die and the fight is a cakewalk, there's not even a soft-enrage like you had with shaper vortexes or UElder Squids. He just does the same 4 abilities over and over again. If you die, don't randomly charge in. Instead, stay ~2screens away from where the last phase is happening so any paused abilities can run its course before you get within aggro-range again. Alternatively, just don't return back to your hideout/town until his current ability finishes and he just stands there doing nothing.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
and dont get me on dots and invis shit on ground or textures for wall or siurius not loadong and you getting forced to guess what the fuck is going on ... or after ggg"fixed" storms sirius still sometimes decides to sloooowly stroll thru all of them before youre able to "activate" him properly since he decided to chill in the middle of storm and just fuck with you running around ....
Yeah this too. Dodging the ground effects, the massive beam, keeping track of sirus, trying to hear voice lines over half a dozen things happening... really easy to make a mistake.

It's the same problem I had, increase strike distance and use faster attacks from gear or gem and practice in lower nº sirius.
What does awakening level even do? The tooltip only mentions increased life, and even then it is really not a lot of extra life. I fought him at level 5 since that's what I had, maybe that was incredibly dumb?

I think I made a "real" mistake by using shield charge for mobility skill, since this means you get clipped by beams if you dodge through them. Perhaps I should also have ditched my frenzy monkey spectres and holy relic for something with a consist damage output? I guess having bad audio settings where I can't hear his voice lines also counts.

You will most likely fail Sirus or only kill him on the last portal a few times until you get the last phase down. Once you do, however, it's one of the easier fights because he doesn't actually have a dps-check and all his abilities can be manually dodged. While Shaper/UElder are cleaner fights mechanically, they both had a dps-check. Sirus doesn't.
I never fought UElder, but I did kill shaper deathless first try with a build that probably does a fourth of the dps my current one (minions be crazy). I was really amazed by how simple the shaper fight is, he telegraphs all his attacks so noticeably and even the persistent frost orbs are fairly easy to manage. And easy to see! A floating white/black ball on a brown background. Compare with sirus black/red ground effects on a dark background.

Elder has a few bullshit things in the final phase iirc, like when he uses multiple of those "grey death circles" at the same time. I think I prefer both elder and shaper over all the other late game poe bosses I've played.

Sirus as melee/domblow is pure pain though. Half of his "vulnerable time" is lost on getting in and out of range, and by the time I can get back half the minions I accrued died for one reason or another anyway. Maybe I need to find some way to farm X writhing jars so I can instaspawn a full cadre and just go max deeps.

eklektyk

Erudite
A1 is basicly "training wheels" situation aka ggg lets you learn how things roll
sirius is not allowed to cast 2 of the same things in a row - thers a large amount of time inbeetween casts - its easy to get him and lay in dps plus he teleports raerly

A8 in a nutshell is "gloves off"
sirius rolls rng to see what is casts next - thers no free dps phase [only when hes in place in animations you can do damage - good luck with something slow or non-ranged] and mofo teleports constantly

bonus points for ggg dumbfuck who gave him invul phases in some animations but not in others so you need to lear/watch yt to know when to smack him and when not to bother [generaly aproved way is to ignore him for anything other than really long animations like when hes doing his canyon with balls thing and winds up for wheel of death animation - anything other than those 2 is too small of a pause for you to get to him and atack generally - unles youre ranged/mines etc - as in example almost everybody ignores him when hes winding up to his die beam in a circle of fake him and one reall - you just stay mobile to dodge beam of doom instead of dps]

amount of degen and dot is also increased in frequency and size i think [at this its hard to judge since color choice for this fight is so fucked you baerly se shit anyway and everybody builds immunity t ailments and corrupted blood anyways coz fuck this - incidentally its why ggg so hevily nerfed ailment immunity on tree/jewels since everybody went for it instead of playing "the game as devs intended" .... ]

there are days i think sirius as a fight can be salvaged in a revork and then there are days where i think it should be dumpstered entirely [playing op meta cookiecutter build of the month is easy but doing anything else esp melee is kinda masohistic on sirius]

i always return to elder/shaper fights and their complexity plus mechanics and when compared to sirius or latest harvest abomination its a total departure from poe that i have difficulty to comprehend how the same people that designed one that is so nice and clean and visiually comprehensive went and made latest clusterfuck of a "boss fight" a total failure ... in one you can see everything and if something kills you it was your lack off atention that got you - in the other colors diaherea and fuck knows what plus bugs is what usually kills you its raerly your fault [baring ocassion when you play something fun and not mines/brands - then its on you that you die - and i guess you can trivialize sirius on meele too whith enough exalts/mirrors thrown .... but i despise mines so i guess its not for me]

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
A1 is basicly "training wheels" situation aka ggg lets you learn how things roll
sirius is not allowed to cast 2 of the same things in a row - thers a large amount of time inbeetween casts - its easy to get him and lay in dps plus he teleports raerly
Doesn't awakening go from 0 to 8?
What determines his awakening, is it just how many watchstones I have socketed when I open the map or do I need to fight conquerors at low awakening too?

Also, yay for undocumented massive differences in boss difficulty.

Gerrard

Arcane
Enemy skills don't pause when you die, they pause when you move far away/leave the instance. Which is exactly why if you die you should wait until every ability that's on screen ends before respawning.
The fight is wonky as fuck in terms of coding, I accidentally found out it's possible to avoid the maze teleport if you use a movement skill at the right moment.

Also, they fucked the Shaper fight because the balls that create vortexes spawn even during the shield phase.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
This league is dumb.
unknown.png

Took me ~10ex to set up the base-map by fracturing beyond, getting the sextant harvest enchant, scarab delirium orbs and 35% hillock quality.
654b15192e.jpg

Another ~2ex to get the proper sextants (beyond, nemesis monsters drop additional currency, packsize and legion monolith).

Now I just spam fractured+corroded fossils on the base-map to get mirrored versions which inherit all the delirium orbs, the "sextant cannot be used" enchant as well as the beyond fracture mod. Corroded to avoid ele reflect roll (since you cannot reroll the map you get). Costs 2.5ex per map for the fractured fossil. Getting ~5-10ex per map in returns from scarabs and delirium drops. 150-200 deliriium splinters per map.

The sextant enchant is retarded.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dunno why but my performance problems peaked in this league. I can't even open a normal strongbox without getting slow downs, clicking monolith resluts in 1-2 sec loss and I lose more trying to kill the spawns, delirium mirrors just fuck my game completely...
I had to ask help from my friend to kill Sirus 0...
This happens while all them options are at their lowest and downscaling in effect. This fucking game...

abija

Prophet
Tried deleting all the junk and content.ggpk?
Junk:
documents->my games->path of exile->all folders (not the files).
install folder: all folders except Redist.

Perkel

Arcane
Press F1 and see what is your frametime and FPS. IF frametime and FPS are fine and you still get those this means problem is their server or your connection.

It is not problem with him but this fucking game. Since last few patches game has terrible issues with asset loading on HDD.

Go try POE on HDD, it is almost unplayable. It takes like 5 minutes for me to load even my hideout and game buffers non stop something.

Second issue is that ultra lighting (global illumination) is horribly optimized. Just changing it to High solves most of problems when it comes to performance.

Absinthe

Arcane
Try defragmenting content.ggpk. Use this. Just run it inside the folder of Content.ggpk.
Why would the fragmentation of the file matter on an SSD?
Because sequential read speed is far, far higher than random read speed on SSDs, so data entropy has huge effects on SSD performance. And Content.ggpk is typically horribly fragmented. Run the defragmenter and it will shave over 5 gigabytes off of Content.ggpk.

PapaPetro

Dunno why but my performance problems peaked in this league. I can't even open a normal strongbox without getting slow downs, clicking monolith resluts in 1-2 sec loss and I lose more trying to kill the spawns, delirium mirrors just fuck my game completely...
I had to ask help from my friend to kill Sirus 0...
This happens while all them options are at their lowest and downscaling in effect. This fucking game...
you using the new Vulkan renderer or DirectX 11?

eklektyk

Erudite
first they might fix - i dont know - maybe EVERLOVINGFUCKINGBLOOM that those fuckwits forced on everybody and taken away all options to tone it down or disable fucking deasesed abomination that it iz lens flare infected fuckfest orgy

then maybi fix stutter and overdrawing data from server/hdd to fix lag

harvest? fuck havest - gave up on legue even before killing kitava v2 and tried on 2 toons but sdhits unplayable unles youre a streamer and even they gave up on this abortion really early into this legue ...

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Mostly looking forward to their experimenting with environmental effects boosting the effectiveness of other abilities, like the Firewall+Projectile stuff. Opens up a lot of possibilites, akin to spell combinations like we've seen in Guild Wars 2 or Divinity.

League itself looks meh, but its complex enough that im interested. I always liked leagues like Synthesis or Syndicate that had a lot of non-PoE things going on to minmax, so hopefully we can go crazy with this new system as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom